Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another unarmed shooting (this time in my hometown)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another unarmed shooting (this time in my hometown)

So, this is my hometown. Can I just say ugh?

The original interview said that the victim (suspect depending on source) was shot before entering his vehicle but I saw a later report saying he was shot after running away and hitting another car. He was shot at three times, when he was completely unarmed, before running away and people keep asking "Well, if he wasn't doin' nothin' wrong why'd he run?" I'd run too if I was being shot at for no apparent reason. After he T-Boned the undercover SUV he was shot in the neck. He's in ICU, and they said he was paralyzed on impact. When they said that is when the cops changed the story to he was shot after running instead of before.. And they're playing up the "Well, this cop did have a shooting before but it was JUSTIFIED so this one must be justified too."

They still haven't released the tapes or the original reason he was pulled over. I don't know anymore. I can feel the anger stirring in this town.
    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Re: Another unarmed shooting (this time in my hometown)

This has happened so much in different cities,it does make you think what is up.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
      This has happened so much in different cities,it does make you think what is up.
      Nothing is "up". This has always been business as usual. The difference is ow we can film it and share it across a global internet.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePaganMafia View Post
        Nothing is "up". This has always been business as usual. The difference is ow we can film it and share it across a global internet.
        This is true. Still isn't ok.
        We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
        It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
        Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
        -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

I just feel a bit freaked about law enforcement when it seems the FBI is now partisan in its makeup. If they are broken,then perhaps everything is a bit broken.

If you can't trust the cops,then who can you trust??

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

As every working class social movement in history knows: you can never trust the cops. The police are a relatively young institutuon. They grew out of 19th century slave patrols and then we're organized against the Labor Movement by industrial cities giving birth to the organization we see today.

Comment

Actually there were "police" and trials in the cities of Sumer more than 5000 years ago. They used slaves to protect markets and the temples had people to enforce moral codes. Before that the tribal leaders and heads of family groups were the "police" for the community. Egypt was a police state with military taking the job of criminal prosecution. As soon as people came together in groups there was a need to keep law and order on some level.

For every story you read about police misconduct there are hundreds of times when the police do their job without notice. The officers who abuse their powers are a small minority of the number of police doing the job. We are informed by every news media of "misconduct" by police whether it is really misconduct or justified. Of all the police officers I know or have known only one was a bad cop. I have known cops that quit because they couldn't fight the depression of the job. I know cops that genuinely like people in general and work to keep that attitude that most people are good despite the "examples" of humanity they face every day.
              I don't fear the cops - most will give you the shirt off their backs if it would help you.
              The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
              I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

You should probably do some reading on the origins of American policing and it's use against working class citizens and movements.

Here let me help you:

The birth and development of the American police can be traced to a multitude of historical, legal and political-economic conditions.

In most of the liberal discussions of the recent police killings of unarmed black men, there is an underlying assumption that the police are supposed to protect and serve the population. That is, after all, what they were created to do. If only the normal, decent relations between the police and the community could be re-established, this problem could be resolved. Poor people in general are more likely to be the victims of crime than anyone else, this reasoning goes, and in that way, they are in more need than anyone else of police protection. Maybe there are a few bad apples, but if only the police weren’t so racist, or didn’t carry out policies like stop-and-frisk, or weren’t so afraid of black people, or shot fewer unarmed men, they could function as a useful service that we all need. This liberal way of viewing the problem rests on a…

The climax of the modern civil rights movement occurred in Birmingham. The city’s violent response to the spring 1963 demonstrations against white supremacy forced the federal government to intervene on behalf of race reform. City Commissioner T. Eugene “Bull” Connor‘s use of police dogs and fire hoses against nonviolent black activists, led by Fred L. […]

The list goes on.

The function and actions of the police have not changed since their origins.

Comment

Trying to be civil here...

So, to place judgment on a modern police force you use events that happened before we became a nation and the worst example of police from the deep south during the civil rights period?

I'm sure you could find examples of racism and bad cops in current events too but it has no real bearing on the largest percentage of police forces in the USA today.
                  Who are you going to call when you need help?
                  How many cops do you know personally?
                  Why don't you get to know some of your local cops - maybe take a "ride-along" and see how they spend their day. Meet them for coffee or better yet invite them into your home for coffee.
                  I have done all these things and I am very familiar with the local city cops and the county sheriffs in my area. They're good people who deal with a lot of crap because of the national news and hack journalists who jump to wild conclusions without any evidence. The cops I know are nothing like you describe and I know most of the cops in the area in which I live. They go out of their way to help the poor and truly disadvantaged while working to keep the drugs, dealers, gangs and criminals where they belong.
                  I hope you can find a decent cop when you need one.
                  Last edited by DragonsFriend; 06 Nov 2016, 12:58.
                  The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                  I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Are we really doing this again? Look TPM and DF, guess what annoying chicken butts? People have different experiences. Deal.
                    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

enny meeny chili beanie,the spirits are about to speak...I see something along the lines of an election and its fate is not positive. as Duce mentioned Deal.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Working...
                      X