Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting question/idea. The Nature of Consciousness: How the Internet Could Learn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting question/idea. The Nature of Consciousness: How the Internet Could Learn

The Nature of Consciousness: How the Internet Could Learn to Feel.

Interesting idea from a long term study on consciousness.

Koch remains on the front lines of neurobiology. In fact, he will soon leave Caltech to work full-time as Chief Scientific Officer of the Allen Institute for Brain Science in Seattle. After years of publishing scientific papers, he has now written a trade book, Consciousness: Confessions of a Romantic Reductionist. Somewhere between memoir and popular science, the book offers a highly personal glimpse into the mind of an unconventional scientist: a lapsed Catholic who teamed up with the staunch atheist Crick, and the eminent neuroscientist who speculates about the consciousness of bees and squid and even bacteria. In the first of a two-part interview, we talked about the wiring of our brains and the possibility that the Internet itself may become conscious.

Story here.

When you think about it,the "Internet" has access to almost unlimited resources and the same to computing power.

Maybe a SYFY pipe dream,or the dawning of a true blooming of awareness from the digital wasteland.

Maybe,maybe not,but interesting thought game.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html
Working...
X