Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The temporary what are you thinking about but if it's politics can you not thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The temporary what are you thinking about but if it's politics can you not thread

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
    Update on my attempt to use fb more... I feel horrible for doing it but I actually unfollowed someone. They just kept posting the same 'no one understands me because I'm just so unique and special' type memes and posts and it was starting to get a bit old. I'll follow them again when they realise everyone has their quirks and crosses to bear, and find a new topic to post about. Anyway, almost instantly I started seeing posts from people I'd been missing and then yesterday English speakers other than my darned neighbour who's out of work and obviously lives on fb, responded to my post! Kinda sucks that I had to unfollowed someone before my other contacts could see me though.
    I noticed you've been more active...active activey facebooker!
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Nyaw Jem thats sweet! I'm sure the fridge knows you cared
      ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
      Seen the desert and the birds
      You cut your hair short
      Like a shush to an insult
      The world had been yelling
      Since the day you were born
      Revolting with anger
      While it smiled like it was cute
      That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Re: The temporary what are you thinking about but if it's politics can you not thread

Jembru, I know what you mean. I felt the same way when we were dragging our old fridge out the front door. I also once found myself apologizing to the dishwasher because I pushed the wrong button when setting the wash cycle. I was torn between my embarrassment and the sense that I had rudely inconvenienced it.

Comment

I talk to my appliances all the time! I thank them for working.
          sigpic
          Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Wait 'till talking applisances want to have long conversations about esoteric subjects, and be your best friend.

"Sirri, do you really love me?"

"Take all my loves, my love, yea, take them all:
            What hast thou then more than thou hadst before?"
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I can hardly wait for the machines to start nagging me to do things..Machine:Have you eaten all your dinner,if you don't eat your dinner,you can't have any pudding.

MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                Wait 'till talking applisances want to have long conversations about esoteric subjects, and be your best friend.

"Sirri, do you really love me?"

"Take all my loves, my love, yea, take them all:
                What hast thou then more than thou hadst before?"
                That's when you end up with something like the movie Dream House from 1998 where the artificial intelligence falls in love with you and decides to kill either the husband or wife. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0149448/?ref_=tt_rec_tt
                I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Tommorow is opening day at the Sugarloaf Ski Resort. Wondering how beat up I am gonna be at the end of the day.

Comment

Is there any driver who doesn't talk to their car? "Come on, you can do it", "I knew you could do it", "Sorry, I know you don't like cold mornings", "Thanks for getting us through that", "Please don't break down now, please don't break down now", "If you can just make it to the gas station, I promise we'll take care of that".

Comment

Tonight after getting off the bus and heading to a store, there was this suspicious looking guy in front of me, wobbling back and forth between both sides of the sidewalk, smoking (which isn't suspicious on it's own, I know) and basically looked drunk. Before I walked past him he said "Hi, how are you doing?" I said "Good, how about you?" while continuing to walk. He followed up with saying "I just want to say f--- you. Have a good night." And we both kept walking in opposite directions.

At which point I realized that was probably the most "exciting" thing that happened to me all day, lol.

Comment

What happened to the "no politics" on this thread?
                        The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                        I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Originally posted by DragonsFriend View Post
                          What happened to the "no politics" on this thread?
                          Lol. I think you think this is the other thread. There still hasn't been any politics here.
                          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Found an awesome inspirational spiritual speaker with loads of audio-only videos on YouTube that I can listen to while doing housework. He isn't a pagan (although depending on how you personally define paganism, he could be), but he's a devotee of the Goddess Kannon so I can identify with him as a fellow goddess worshipper. His talks are mainly on personal development and wellbeing but with a spiritual twist, which us totally my boom right now.
                            夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                              Found an awesome inspirational spiritual speaker with loads of audio-only videos on YouTube that I can listen to while doing housework. He isn't a pagan (although depending on how you personally define paganism, he could be), but he's a devotee of the Goddess Kannon so I can identify with him as a fellow goddess worshipper. His talks are mainly on personal development and wellbeing but with a spiritual twist, which us totally my boom right now.
                              Link please?
                              I'm intrigued, I used to have a thing for Kannon. Still have two of her statues and probably a ton of pics.
                              baah.

Comment

Link please?
                                I'm intrigued, I used to have a thing for Kannon. Still have two of her statues and probably a ton of pics.
                                Gah, very sorry but it's in Japanese and no subs. I'd actually never heard of Kannon before. As hard as it is to believe, I've never really explored oriental faiths in any detail. I must say I'm fascinated now though. If the website I found is to be believed, she came from the same part of the world as Brigantia (probably) originated and I can't help but wonder if there's a common ancestor somewhere in the past! Something felt so familiar when I researched her.

The guy is called Saitou Hitori (斎藤一人), if you want to see if you can find a subbed talk. If they weren't so long and if I knew the first thing about editing videos, I'd be tempted to have a go myself!

You have statues? I tried to find one for my meditation corner because I like the Buddhist art style, but they were all a few hundred pounds!

Do you know of any good sites for learning more about her? Or books?
                                夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Working...
                                X