Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The temporary what are you thinking about but if it's politics can you not thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The temporary what are you thinking about but if it's politics can you not thread

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
    I think my attempt at being more active on Facebook is already losing traction. How does everyone else do it? Where do they find the time? I don't even think my posts show up on most people's feeds. They don't appear on JP's (and vice versa) and we live together! It's obviously some kind of algorithm determining what shows up but I'm buggered if I can work it out. I mainly get the same 5 or 6 people in my own feed. Unless my contacts just aren't that active either, but I know my neighbour lives on there and I'm lucky if I see 2 posts from her in a week. I thought interacting with people would tell fb that I'd like to see their messages and have them see mine but doesn't seem to work. Maybe I'm too offensive and everyone has unfollowed me!

Anyone else ever wonder what the point of fb is? Besides providing information on what adverts to target me with..

I dunno, I want to be sociable and have some kind of presence on there, but I prefer dumping my brain farts on PF for some reason. Like this!

I was so determined this time too.

for you to see someone, you have to interact on their page, and vice versa...the best way to do that is go to their page and like a bunch of posts, comment once or twice, and then you usually start seeing them. Or, if you are concerned they aren't seeing you, unlike them, and then like them again...they see you for a while, and if they clicky on stuff, you'll be in there feed again
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

Re: The temporary what are you thinking about but if it's politics can you not thread

You also need to physically go in and check each person as a CLOSE FRIEND to see more of their posts. It's annoying, but I did it one day and see a lot more stuff.
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Yep and while on their page you need to change how your following them. Its close to the top by their cover photo. If you change it to see it first then you will see every post of that particular person. And there is also a setting if you want to keep them as a friend but not see any of their posts.
        "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Oh so there IS something I can do. Thanks for the tips! I think I have fewer options on fb when using my mobile so I'll have to try to make time when I'm at a pc to fiddle about and let fb know I'm not quite the people-hating recluse it thinks I am.
          夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I found more people-oriented posts when I stopped "liking" things. I'll add a comment expressing my approval (and it's much more sincere either way), and not clicking the button throws off Facebook's algorithm to fill my feed with clickbait. I get most of my feed from actual friends now.

Comment

Thinking how I'll spend my free time next week. Booked the week off so I could get the carpets cleaned and then paint the skirting boards. The company I wanted to go with wouldn't answer the phone. They just let it go to answer phone which is no good for someone who sleeps during usual office hours. So after a week of trying to call them in the morning before bed I gave up and went for a smaller more local (and cheaper!!) company. They're a much smaller company though so were fully booked until the week after my week off. I'm working 5 nights that week too, and JP is taking me to see Vic Reeves and Bob Mortimer's anniversary show the night before my only full day off, so we're going to have to move all the furniture before I go back to work and live in the bedroom for a week! I'm dreading that week already.

Dunno what I'll do with my week off now though. Maybe paint the skirting boards and just hope they don't get too badly chipped by the cleaners... Christmas shopping... sit on the sofa and eat my weight in tomatoes... oooh that one sounds good.
              夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

oh nothing. Just got chased on my bike tonight by a big raccoon.
                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

That sounds like something that would have happened in the small town I lived in here in Jersey before. I would go out for a smoke late at night(you could not smoke inside) and see the nocturnal creatures like skunks and muskrats on the street(town was right next to the Delaware river.) Every once in a while we had bears wander through town as well.

- - - Updated - - -

The Muskrat.

They get pretty big.
                  MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                  NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                  don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                  http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Watch with tomatoes Jem - they can play hell with arthritis and joint pain... I didn't believe it until I tried it out once...
                    www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Did not know that Ms. P,thanks for the heads up.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

All the more reason to keep eating them while I have no joint pain then. It's the ones on the vine. I just love them.

Comment

I don't know about the joint pain but I tend to eat the yellow tomatoes or the beef steak tomatoes as they are lower in acid. The beef steak tomatoes tend to be a purple color or a deep red color and have a really dense meat to them. The yellow one I think are called Johnson's or Jones' but don't recall off the top of my head. They tend to be a yellow to a yellowish orange in color. Both of them are sweet tasting to me where some of the red ones have sort of a tart taste in my opinion.
                          I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

I literally just had a smack-myself-in-the-forehead moment. One of my favorite movies, Hearts In Atlantis.....the kid, Bobby - was Anton Yelchin. I never connected that.
                            sigpic
                            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Woke up at almost 2am,and looked outside to see,SNOW. Finally,it is winter here...not a lot,but the ground is all white.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

No snow for us yet. Had a few flurries a few weeks back when I was on training but it quickly turned to sleet (uk sleet, which is very soggy snow.. apparently you call something else sleet in the US - I only know this because I once asked a mixed race group of people why Japanese has 2 words for hail and it ended up being a deeper rabbit hole than I was expecting). Anyway my point is... lost...

No wait, yes, snow, yes... it's frosty here so everything looks white, but no real snow yet.

I'm tired and full of cold. Does it show?

Comment

Working...
                                X