I'm Finally Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm Finally Here

I keep trying to think about how this journey really started for me, and to be honest, I think it started back in 2011 when my dog died. While that might sound weird, just stay with me.
    When I got the call that she was very critically ill, I remember wondering if dogs went to heaven. I tried to imagine her there, and it just wasn't working for me. The image felt forced and wrong. When we got to the vet's office, and found out she had already passed away, my earth shattered. When they asked me what I wanted to do with her body, my decision was swift and certain. I wanted her cremated and placed in an eco-friendly biodegradable urn. I imagined her ashes giving life to the tree that would in turn give life to the world. And that's exactly what I did. She helped give life to an amazing Japanese maple tree that gives me great joy to see.
    The image stayed with me. Years passed and the loss of two of my unborn children seemed to cement some issues I was having with my Christian upbringing. I bought a book on Paganism that I found interesting, but did not invest a lot of time in.
    Then Samhain came up this year. I felt suddenly drawn back to Paganism. I felt strongly drawn to the idea that we, that nature, that everything is somehow connected. I became certain that I truly do reject the things I was taught about religion as a child. I have become certain that I am ruled only by the energy that runs through me and connects me to the earth.
    I am so happy to be here and am feeling that I have finally found myself. I still have a LOT to learn, but I finally feel peace.

Re: I'm Finally Here

WELCOME!!!

Please deposit your sanity at the front desk. You won't be needing it here. :cthulhu:
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Welcome to the forum! We're all friends here. If you have any questions feel free to ask!
      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Welcome to the forum and thank you for sharing your story with us. May the journey along your own unique spiritual path continue to aid your journey through this physical world! It's a beautiful thing to discover where those paths meet!
        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Welcome to PF!

ditto all that lovely stuff Jem said...my brain is too fried right now due to copious amounts of paper writing

Looking forward to reading more from you!
          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

Welcome!
            Enjoy the ride!
            baah.

Comment

Howdy!

Thanks for sharing the nice story!
              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share your personal story with all of us. I hope you find many online friends here... and I look forward to your contributions in the coming days and months!
                peace,
                Brian (njsquarebear)

Comment

Hello, Welcome to the community. Hope you will have a great time here.

Comment

Hi and welcome! I'd love to see a photo of your tree
                    ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                    Seen the desert and the birds
                    You cut your hair short
                    Like a shush to an insult
                    The world had been yelling
                    Since the day you were born
                    Revolting with anger
                    While it smiled like it was cute
                    That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Hiya and welcome.
                      "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Working...
                      X