Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gasy Baby

Dear Parents,

I've got a gasy boy and burping does not help him. I bought gas drops and that has helped a little but it only gives him a small bit of relief. We have a doctor's appointment Monday and it will be something I bring up but some any tricks you used would be greatly helpful.
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Re: Gasy Baby

Had the same problem with Jean-Luc. And honestly we couldn't get much to work so we just had to get through it. Hopefully the Doctor can help.

Comment

If you are BFing, look at what you are eating, there are a number of foods that you can eat that will give baby gas...if you are FF, you might need to see about a different type.

Either way, the "I love you" baby massage helps for both constipation and gas (its called this because you basically of the massage shapes you make in the abdominal area to mimic the direction of digestion through the colon)--if you google it, you'll find a number of videos, etc. Also, there are "constipation exercises" you can do with the baby--"crunches" and "riding the bike", etc...running and pooping are a thing for a reason. These are something you can be doing daily (its good for muscle development and bonding) anyhow (and if gas or constipation is a problem, you should be doing at least once daily).

The last option (and its one I used along with the above) is a nightly chamomile tea bottle. Your pedi may or may not go along with this--my pedi worked overseas on a base in Germany and was good with herbal treatments, but no more than 2-2 1/2 ounces of chamomile tea (more than 3 ounces can cause upchuck).
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

I found the exercise videos last night after I posted this. I will check for the I love you massage video. I am BFing and think I have found part of the problem. I will of course test this and see. I am sure going to miss coffee if it is the culprit but I'll give it up so I don't have to hear him scream.
        "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Working...
        X