Medication Enchancing Psychic Abilities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medication Enchancing Psychic Abilities

So I was prescribed a muscle relaxer (Cyclobenzaprine) this week and while looking up side effects, I have started to wonder about modern medicines enchancing psychic abilities on accident. Why? Because a listed side effect of my muscle relaxer is hearing and seeing things that aren't there. It would make sense that a muscle relaxer might put one into a tired state to the point of being almost a trance allowing one to be able to access psychic abilities generally unable to. I am guessing this isn't a common side effect, but it made me wonder. What are the thoughts of everyone on this?

Re: Medication Enchancing Psychic Abilities

Having spent a while in the mental health system due to depression I did see this,BUT with people already at times on the edge of reality the meds may have only acted as a soft kick into that other place. A lot of the meds were mainly to calm and sedate,BUT I did see some where say a sleeping pill acted almost like a stimulant. perhaps they also aided crossing the barrier between reality(Normal) and a world beyound,a place of a deeper truth.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I would not be half the witch I am today without aderall. Firstly, because it helps me sit still to study/meditate, to the point where just being alert and conscious was its own gnostic state of sorts. Secondly, it's good to stop and think before I pick up a plant; sometimes it's yarrow and sometimes it's hemlock, but finding out the hard way is never fun.

Conversely, I have a friend who is bipolar, and will just stop taking his [ritallin/risperdal/prescription of the month] out of the blue, because he felt they suppressed his abilities.

Most of the discussions I've had with friends involve psychoactive drugs- when you say you have psychic abilities, they put you on meds, go figure- so they have clear, albeit varied effects, for obvious reasons. The abilities are chiefly felt in the mind, which is affected by the medication. It's almost like asking if steroids affect athleticism.

- - - Updated - - -

Addition:

As for whether they enhance psychic abilities, or whether you're having random hallucinations, I had to write several college essays on the distinction for an anthropology class, and the answer is "yes".

Comment

I've always wondered how to tell the difference between hallucinations and seeing spirits or something. I've never had a hallucination that I'm aware of, though I know many people who suffer from them and often times common medicines, even over the counter stuff, have caused them issues.

Comment

In my 20's,I did acid and Mescaline so I do have a little insight to the effects. I did once talk to the trees while high,and interestingly also had my own theme music as I was walking down the street. I would not recommend hallucinogenic drugs to just anyone,some people might not really be able to handle the experience. I have always been an adventurous type,and never freaked out on them. I do think being a spiritual type also helps in coping when on them.
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I don't do hallucinogens, but the adderall kept me sleep-deprived enough that when I finally did dream, I'd wake up and take about 10 minutes to get out of dream-state. I once jumped out of bed at the sound of my boyfriend frying potatoes, and could still hear him cooking as I watched him sleep.

If I feel the need to "push" a vision for whatever reason, or I'm having trouble getting to a spiritual state, I'll replicate that with coffee and sleep deprivation. Hence why I get killer visions after finals

Comment

Working...
            X