Slouching toward Bethlehem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slouching toward Bethlehem

The RNC seems to believe we have elected a king, and that king is the new Jesus:

"Merry Christmas to all! Over two millennia ago, a new hope was born into the world, a Savior who would offer the promise of salvation to all mankind. Just as the three wise men did on that night, this Christmas heralds a time to celebrate the good news of a new King.
    Look out world! 2017 looks like it's gonna be worse than 2016, and it hasn't even begun yet...
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Re: Slouching toward Bethlehem

Well... does this mean we're gonna nail him to a cross?
    You remind me of the babe
    What babe?
    The babe with the power
    What power?
    The Power of voodoo
    Who do?
    You do!
    Do what?
    Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

The center cannot hold.
      sigpic
      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
        Well... does this mean we're gonna nail him to a cross?
        That's what I was asking myself. Trump going to be nailed to the cross too?
        Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Trump is a pansy. He can't even take a tweet criticizing him.
          Jesus took 3 nails.
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
            Trump is a pansy. He can't even take a tweet criticizing him.
            Jesus took 3 nails.
            LOL Medusa! I totally agree. Have you seen this: https://www.facebook.com/FallonTonig...4629817708896/ Trump can't even take it when he is joked about on tv. Is he going to outlaw jokes as president?
            Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

I just read (it may or may not be true) that the leader in North Korea wants the people to celebrate his grandmother's birthday (Dec. 24) instead of Christmas, and that Christians aren't allowed a regular Christmas. Imagine that, a guy with wacky hair acting all egotistical and stuff about his family, while having access to nuclear weapons. Yeah, imagine that.
              sigpic
              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Comparing one's deeply flawed and very mortal candidate to the sacrificed son of one's god....

How did the RNC staffer responsible for this not ask whether it was just a little blasphemous?
                life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Just a matter of thinking before one talks..kinda like walking and chewing gum...some are gifted,and some walk into lamp posts.
                  MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                  NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                  don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                  http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                    Comparing one's deeply flawed and very mortal candidate to the sacrificed son of one's god....

How did the RNC staffer responsible for this not ask whether it was just a little blasphemous?
                    They are insisting that it was just a simple Christmas well-wishing, but, considering the context (winning political organization) and wording (new king in comparison to old king - Jesus) it was either idiotically written, or exactly what it seems to be.

Question you gotta ask is - Was the author an incompetent communicator, or the are the denials disingenuous?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                    The center cannot hold.
                    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
                    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                    Are full of passionate intensity.
                    This poem seems so utterly relevant today.
                    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I was going to try and make up a Nostradamus thing about a booby(a bird) sitting upon the roof of a white castle, pooping on the master of the dwelling as the kingdom burned in the background,but thought better of it and just flipped the bird at said master of the dwelling.

- - - Updated - - -

Also,on that rock bridge...You Shell not PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Shell not pass.
                      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Working...
                      X