The world had been yelling
    Since the day you were born
    Revolting with anger
    While it smiled like it was cute
    That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Re: Your NON obligated resolutions for 2017

I want to spend more time outdoors. Especially when it warms up and the days get longer
      "Well I woke up this morning and I got myself a beer,
      The future's uncertain and the end is always near"

Comment

I want to actually work on my novel for a change. I've been plotting it for years, I have about 3 notebooks worth of notes and background and plot variations, snippets of dialogue, etc. I just need to put it all together.
        A human being is part of the whole, called by us 'Universe,' limited in time and space. He experiences himself...as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a prison for us... Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the of whole nature in its beauty...
        --Albert Einstein

Comment

Have a 3.0 GPA, stay in shape (and get back into dance if I can afford it again), and evaluate and maintain the most important relationships in my life

Comment

I want to go Karaoke more.
            �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
            ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
            Sneak Attack
            Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I always take my resolutions seriously and stick to them the whole year. For this new year though, I've decided to try something different and choose a keyword rather than a specific resolution (an idea I stole from Joanna DeVoe, who no doubt got the idea from one of the hundreds of books she's read).

The word I've chosen is 'flexibility'. I've written the definitions of this word in my journal and I'm currently thinking about the ways I can develop flexibility in the various aspects of my life, starting with the 3 realms I work in. I'm excited to see how this approach plays out over the next 12 months.
              夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I want to spend 2017 in 2017! I had a pretty amazing 2016, we bought a house, we had Monster but I have spent most of my adult waiting on the future. So I want to stop worrying about tomorrow and enjoy the now.

I want to be more selfish. I want to do more stuff for myself. Like get my toes done once every couple of months, or make spaghetti because I love it, or take more bubble baths and read more books. Make KP and Monster dress up and go have pictures done.

I want to teach myself that I no longer have to just depend on myself. I have a partner, someone who pulls his weight and if I need him he is there. I am not alone.
                "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Give up booze.

Get pregnant.
                  ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                  Seen the desert and the birds
                  You cut your hair short
                  Like a shush to an insult
                  Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
                    Give up booze.

Get pregnant.
                    Looking for help?

I can give up booze.
                    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post

Looking for help?

I can give up booze.
                      You can or you have lol?
                      ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                      Seen the desert and the birds
                      You cut your hair short
                      Like a shush to an insult
                      Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

I'd love to try out different Asian restaurants. I live nearby what seems like at least 15 within a mile radius but never went to any except one. After all, one can never have enough options for food.
                        Last edited by toxicyarnglare; 02 Jan 2017, 19:31.

Comment

-Spend less time on social media. I've temporarily disabled Facebook to start the process, and when I renable it, I'm going to change the password and use it on a single device (the "family" computer we have downstairs). I thought about quitting entirely since I disabled it because I actually don't miss it that much when it's not there, but it does make planning social stuff a bit easier and my parents told me they miss seeing the photos I usually post (they're far away and never get to see me in person, so I guess the photos are the next best thing).

-Get the documents I need from Canada to get married. After I do that, I'm all set to make an appointment at the registry office to get married (which I can't do until 6 months before the wedding, but it's still good to have everything in place, as summer dates fill up quickly). And in general, sort out the loose details of our wedding. That's more of a resolution as a couple, but still.

Comment

Funny you should mention that DM. I feel I'm a bit addicted to my phone now. I do that aimless clicking thing people do, and I can feel it affecting my ability to concentrate.

Last year I started 'media free Mondays' where I'd just listen to CDs and wouldn't even let myself use my phone to look up Japanese vocab. I had to use a paper dictionary or do without the word. It lasted like 3 weeks before I got bored of it, but I think I need to try again. JP even joined in and we'd play cards or boardgames after swimming instead of watching rubbish on youtube. It was really nice.
                            夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Mine is to say 'F*** off' more often.
                              www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Fine policy Mrs. P...Hum..initials are T.P. how interesting...
                                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Working...
                                X