Robo witness to perhaps MURDER!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Robo witness to perhaps MURDER!!

Indeed,from this story it might be that an ECHO may have recorded the sounds of a MURDER.

An Amazon Echo May Help Solve a Murder. That Should Worry Privacy Advocates.

Story here.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Re: Robo witness to perhaps MURDER!!

I have now decided that if someone ever murders me, my last words will be "Okay, Google"

Comment

Forgot to come back to this.

A. If privacy advocates weren't worried about this tech before then they clearly weren't paying attention.
      B. I'm mildly curious why Amazon is trying to fight this specific order. This is not Apple vs the FBI. If the data is available to Amazon in unencrypted form then fighting on this hill is dying on this hill.
      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

In terms of privacy, google or someone probably already has half the data that guy asked Alexa, if I'm correct in how it works, and for this particular case, he's already suspected of murder, they've got a case for warrant

Comment

There was also data from a water meter,that someone used an amount of water to hose blood off of something. From the water meter...

- - - Updated - - -

Unless someone just happened to ask Alexa to provide tips for ideal murder strategies, the real investigative value of the device may derive from other data it contains. It might, for example, demonstrate that the accused was in the house when the crime occurred. Indeed, Dotan and Albergotti note that data from another device in the house—a smart water meter—might be more useful to the investigators, since it shows “someone used 140 gallons of water between 1 a.m. and 3 a.m. at Mr. Bates’ house, a much heavier than usual amount.” As they go on to explain, “Prosecutors allege that was a result of Mr. Bates using a garden hose to spray down the back patio area from the blood.”
          Last edited by anunitu; 29 Dec 2016, 15:39.
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

If it records the background stuff- we know it's "listening" so it can hear a prompt- there's a slim chance it heard the actual sounds of the act

Comment

Working...
            X