Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why you should NOT try and dress your pet like a human.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why you should NOT try and dress your pet like a human.

Pit bull named Scarface attacks Florida woman after she tried to put Christmas sweater on pet

Story.

Pic of the dog.

- - - Updated - - -

Also cats might not like it.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Re: Why you should NOT try and dress your pet like a human.

This is very sad. The dog had probably never worn clothes before so thought he was under attack. I feel bad for the dog. At the same time, I guess for him to do this, he must have already had it in him. Who knows what else might have triggered the aggression. Without knowing the dog's background it's hard to point fingers, but you can't help but wonder if a lack of good training and clear boundaries was behind this... it's so often the case, especially with breeds bred for their ability to subdue an animal bigger than a human being. Can hardly blame them for presenting a behaviour our dumb species selected them for because their owners couldn't be bothered to train them not to.

Sorry for the rant. It just makes me so sad to hear of such stories and I guess I just want someone to blame. Sometimes it really isn't anyone's fault, or the dog had a history the current owner couldn't possibly have known about.
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Re: Why you should NOT try and dress your pet like a human.

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
      or the dog had a history the current owner couldn't possibly have known about.
      With pit bulls and a number of other breeds, this is all-too-common in the US. Many of them are on their 2nd or 3rd, even 4th owners. People want to get dogs from shelters and do the right thing, but when the dogs aren't assessed correctly for the sort of household they would do well in, or rehabilitated and trained for a future home, and people have unrealistic expectations for their future pets and aren't educated otherwise, its a bit of a perfect storm.
      A human being is part of the whole, called by us 'Universe,' limited in time and space. He experiences himself...as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a prison for us... Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the of whole nature in its beauty...
      --Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
      X