This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: QDJ (The year of the chicken butt!)

Who do you sometimes compare yourself to?
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Trump.

I always come out looking better.
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
        My sister. I always think that she has a better life than I do. I still live with my parents, have no job (though am working to get one this year), am not in a relationship, and just generally feel she is better off because she got out on her own earlier and has no health problems.
        Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

My younger self.
          sigpic
          Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

My friends from uni. They didn't screw up!
            夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Oh god, so many people. My younger self, my boyfriend, my mother, my ex, fit looking people literally anywhere, my inner critical voice, etc.

Mostly art.

Comment

Everyone. Nah, that's a bit much. Mostly people I admire, actually. Actors, writers, good friends. I make a conscious effort to keep it positive.
                You remind me of the babe
                What babe?
                The babe with the power
                What power?
                The Power of voodoo
                Who do?
                You do!
                Do what?
                Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

What is important enough to go to war over?

Comment

I really don't think we should go to war over anything. However, I think if it is over something like the freedom of people, that might be important enough.
                    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

To protect one's nation/people
                      To protect another nation
                      To prevent genocide and equivalent stupidity

All are situational in that military force used ineptly can cause more problems than it solves.
                      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post

All are situational in that military force used ineptly can cause more problems than it solves.

Good thoughts. I definitely didn't think about those.
                        Anubisa

Comment

To protect one's nation. Isn't that like every war...eva!

Comment

To protect one's nation. Isn't that like every war...eva!
                            Many modern wars can be spun that way with varying degrees of honesty. Unfortunately, to meet my standards for option 1, there has to be an actual external threat. Iraq is an easy example of a non-threat. For a better example, I'm pretty sure Kuwait wasn't planning invasions when Saddam decided to eat their country in the early 90s.

If we aren't going with modern wars, Japan's adventures in China during the 30s and 40s, various Indian wars conducted by the United States, Rome's burning desire to conquer everything in sight, Spain's adventures in the New World...

Someone is usually defending their nation in war. Someone else is usually just an asshole who has decided that bloodshed is the easiest way to accomplish their goals.
                            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

What he said!
                              "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post

Is chook aussie for chicken? Because now I want to name a chicken Chook. (I also want to name two chickens Kerk and Kock...I don't know why). Some people name their non-existent children, I name my hypothetical chickens.

/derail

Also, I would love to say that I only eat from farm chickens (eggs, not meat), but it simply can't be true living in the north. There are only a handful of people here with chickens, and so I have to buy storebought or eat no eggs at all. We have a "local" northern egg producer though, so we buy those, as they are the closest to farm eggs we're gonna get up here.

The minute I move back south again though, I am making friends with the closest farmer. Or if the gods are willing (read: I mean my bank account), I will buy land and grow them myself.
                                Yes a chook is a chicken lol. I didn't realise that was an aussie thing haha
                                ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                                Seen the desert and the birds
                                You cut your hair short
                                Like a shush to an insult
                                The world had been yelling
                                Since the day you were born
                                Revolting with anger
                                While it smiled like it was cute
                                That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment