Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: QDJ (The year of the chicken butt!)

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

Re: QDJ (The year of the chicken butt!)

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,OH now I get it Duce....
    I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.
    Mark Twain

Somewhat like Hunter S. Thompson who was called a gonzo Journalist,I consider myself to be something of a gonzo Pagan.

The wizard be in: But be warned if you poke him to much,the standard wand of anal probing +10 may be utilized.

It is interesting that humans seem to believe that they are the crown of creation,until nature drops a house on them....Just saying....

I have decided that I no longer want to be an adult... If anyone needs me, I'll be in my blanket fort, coloring.

Trust lost,is trust never regained.

http://www.paganforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=186&dateline=1330020104

Dec 2012
    Religion
    Pagan

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    what is a food you won't eat for moral reasons?
    Probably not cats or dogs, monkeys of any kind, dolphins, whale, etc. Basically, if they're really smart, I won't eat. Unless someone wants to call cows smart, then I'll stay willfully ignorant.

Oct 2013
    Religion
    Egyptian Wiccan
    Phrase
    Daughter of Lord Anubis and Lady Bast.

Definitely humans and pets. I also won't eat organ meat from animals like beef, pork, etc... Ugh.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

The Diary of an Egyptian Witch | Reading is Love | I Love My Books

Jun 2013
    Religion
    Pagan - and heading North for a while...
    Phrase
    I am grounded, I am humble, I am one with everything.

So you eat live food!
    I was gonna say something childish like "I'll eat you live" but then I remembered there are children about...
    ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

Jul 2014
    Religion
    Celtic Pagan, Kitchen Witch

I would like to say animals that are inhumanly killed but I'll be honest. I buy what I can afford at the store and can guarantee its not humanly killed.

Quote Originally Posted by iris View Post
    Foie gras. Not only for moral reasons, doesn't actually sound appetising at all, but even if it did I probably wouldn't because of how it's made.
    Foi
    Foie is absolutely delicious!!!! I miss it so. Seared, or in a mousse or using it to make a hollandaise . It is one of my favs. Ahh how I miss working at Fearing's where I could have snacks on occasion.
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Shamanist Witch with heady Celtic notes and a faint wiccan bouquet

I wasn't going to answer because I'm veggie so it's pretty obvious, but I thought of something else.

I avoid palm oil as far as I'm able (it's in so much that you wouldn't expect). It's production is just too destructive to justify using it over alternatives.
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Jun 2013
    Religion
    Pagan - and heading North for a while...
    Phrase
    I am grounded, I am humble, I am one with everything.
    Caged eggs, or as far as I'm able, any eggs from the supermarket. I get nearly all of my eggs from friends and family members who have chooks.
    ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Finding sanctity.
    Phrase
    Mistress of the Ban

Quote Originally Posted by Heka View Post
    Caged eggs, or as far as I'm able, any eggs from the supermarket. I get nearly all of my eggs from friends and family members who have chooks.
    Is chook aussie for chicken? Because now I want to name a chicken Chook. (I also want to name two chickens Kerk and Kock...I don't know why). Some people name their non-existent children, I name my hypothetical chickens.

/derail

Also, I would love to say that I only eat from farm chickens (eggs, not meat), but it simply can't be true living in the north. There are only a handful of people here with chickens, and so I have to buy storebought or eat no eggs at all. We have a "local" northern egg producer though, so we buy those, as they are the closest to farm eggs we're gonna get up here.

The minute I move back south again though, I am making friends with the closest farmer. Or if the gods are willing (read: I mean my bank account), I will buy land and grow them myself.
    We are all these things [...]. Pride, desire, compassion, cleverness, belligerence, fruitfulness, loyalty...and guilt. But above it all stands love. And if we desire to be more than human, that is the star by which we must set our sights.

Questions of science, science and progress, do not speak as loud as my heart.

Hot Pickle!

You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.

“Leaving is not enough. You must stay gone. Train your heart like a dog. Change the locks even on the house he’s never visited. You lucky, lucky girl. You have an apartment just your size. A bathtub full of tea. A heart the size of Arizona, but not nearly so arid. Don’t wish away your cracked past, your crooked toes, your problems are papier mache puppets you made or bought because the vendor at the market was so compelling you just had to have them. You had to have him. And you did. And now you pull down the bridge between your houses, you make him call before he visits, you take a lover for granted, you take a lover who looks at you like maybe you are magic. Make the first bottle you consume in this place a relic. Place it on whatever altar you fashion with a knife and five cranberries. Don’t lose too much weight. Stupid girls are always trying to disappear as revenge. And you are not stupid. You loved a man with more hands than a parade of beggars, and here you stand. Heart like a four-poster bed. Heart like a canvas. Heart leaking something so strong they can smell it in the street.”

Frida Kahlo to Marty McConnell

Dec 2010
    Religion
    Eclectic Pagan/Stregheria

Chook is chicken. I'm trying very hard to learn the Australian language, but boy it's a tough one! LOL

I buy farm eggs around here sometimes, but usually I end up buying them at Aldi's, where the price is usually between 30 and 85 cents a dozen. They seem to be good quality.

Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Finding sanctity.
    Phrase
    Mistress of the Ban

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
    Chook is chicken. I'm trying very hard to learn the Australian language, but boy it's a tough one! LOL

I buy farm eggs around here sometimes, but usually I end up buying them at Aldi's, where the price is usually between 30 and 85 cents a dozen. They seem to be good quality.
    You get eggs for under a dollar a dozen?! Holy heck. I've never seen that price in my life. The least I have EVER paid for eggs is $4 a dozen. If I manage to find farm eggs, I'm almost always looking at $6/dozen.
    We are all these things [...]. Pride, desire, compassion, cleverness, belligerence, fruitfulness, loyalty...and guilt. But above it all stands love. And if we desire to be more than human, that is the star by which we must set our sights.

Questions of science, science and progress, do not speak as loud as my heart.

Hot Pickle!

You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.

“Leaving is not enough. You must stay gone. Train your heart like a dog. Change the locks even on the house he’s never visited. You lucky, lucky girl. You have an apartment just your size. A bathtub full of tea. A heart the size of Arizona, but not nearly so arid. Don’t wish away your cracked past, your crooked toes, your problems are papier mache puppets you made or bought because the vendor at the market was so compelling you just had to have them. You had to have him. And you did. And now you pull down the bridge between your houses, you make him call before he visits, you take a lover for granted, you take a lover who looks at you like maybe you are magic. Make the first bottle you consume in this place a relic. Place it on whatever altar you fashion with a knife and five cranberries. Don’t lose too much weight. Stupid girls are always trying to disappear as revenge. And you are not stupid. You loved a man with more hands than a parade of beggars, and here you stand. Heart like a four-poster bed. Heart like a canvas. Heart leaking something so strong they can smell it in the street.”

Frida Kahlo to Marty McConnell