Parenting Pagan Groups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parenting Pagan Groups

So after having Monster and not wanting to drive you all crazy with questions I decided to look for a Pagan parenting group on Facebook, I'm already in a breastfeeding group and a first time mom group, and while some of the time I find topics and momsee ridiculous overall I have gotten lots of helpful info.

So I found two ppgs I joined one and I'll be damned if children are mentioned at all. They talk about everything but their kids and how they are raising them. In fact I hardly ever see anything Pagan related ato all, and I know we don't always have Pagan related topics but the least that group could do is talk about their kids every now and then...

Wow sorry went on a rant. Point of this thread do any of you parents have any Pagan parenting groups you would reccomend. It doesn't always have to be Pagan or kid related but occasionally would be nice.
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Re: Parenting Pagan Groups

TBH, no...most of them are what you describe or really effing flakey in my experience. Especially online. I've had better luck with non-religious/secular/freethough/atheist/agnostic parent groups.
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

Thats what I was afraid of. Ok then off the top of your head do you have any groups you would recommend? I will also do my own research.
      "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

Comment

This is an australian site but bubhub.com.au was pretty good for me. Lots of info and sensible answers/discussion to all threads I started.

Comment

Thank you ma'am!

Comment

You could check for a local Unitarian Universalist church and see if they have a Covenant of Unitarian Universalist Pagans. If they do, there are likely parents in the group and most are super family friendly. You could also look out for local events. If there is an event, there's a chance you could find out about pagan parenting groups that are going on locally. The small event we go to every year is about four hours from you. They usually have a small kids area for children 3+ where they can play and do crafts. People volunteer on a rotating basis. Those sorts of things are great. Unfortunately I don't really have a lot of advice for online. I think you have me on facebook though. Maybe we could start something?
            We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
            It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
            Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
            -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Working...
            X