Halp! I have an itchy dry patch!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Halp! I have an itchy dry patch!

I really don't know what else to call it. I know it's probably from Diabetes and the winter cold weather. I have an itchy dry patch on my shin. It's not painful. But if I touch it, I start to scratching! And now I have little cuts where my nails would not stop. The rest of my legs are dry but not scaly. And I rub down with vaseline after the shower and smooth it all out. But this patch is just..there. I'm thinking of buying eczema cream maybe?

Any home remedies you gals and guys might know about would be greatly appreciative.

Thankees. :^^:
    Satan is my spirit animal

Re: Halp! I have an itchy dry patch!

I am thinking that might be the beginning of psoriasis. First thing I got was a patch on my elbow,then it showed up in a few more places. This at about you present age.
    There are soaps that help a little. Pine tar soap. They also use coal tar stuff also.

See here.

Not saying it is,but sounds like it.

Pic,though it can get worse. It is an immune system thing where your body produces extra skin and it builds up.

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot the pic..here it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is a site that sells pine tar soap. I think you can also use oatmeal soap.

Site.

There is also a pine tar shampoo should it begin on your scalp(common) Mine started on my elbow and is mainly now on my scalp.

- - - Updated - - -

Also here.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Not that. I know because the marks on my legs are literally from my nails going at it. If I had just left it alone, I'd be golden. But I didn't. And now it's sorta raw a bit. I checked that and eczema first. No white or silver scales. Not raised. The prominent lines are literally my nail marks.

Comment

I use this for body stuff.

Pic

And this for scalp.

Pic

- - - Updated - - -

If it is eczema,pretty simple to treat I think,My scalp stuff at times drives me to distraction. It"Flares" at times and itches like crazy then I do the shampoo.
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

This page has a pretty in-depth coverage of itchy shins, and things that can cause it.

You should always consult your doctor, if you think this could be an allergic reaction, or medical condition. (I know you know this, but I had to say it for peace of mind.)

That said, my first thought is it could be weather related, considering we've had a strange winter season, so far. Abnormally dry air lately? Taking really hot showers, especially the more frequent they are, can also irritate the skin and dry it out. Have you tried applying a lotion (like Gold Bond, Eucerin, or similar) or coconut oil on the itchy skin? Maybe the Vaseline isn't addressing what your skin needs. Aloe Vera may also work, if you have any of that.
          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
          ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
          Sneak Attack
          Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I put elocon steroid cream on everything.
            ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
            Seen the desert and the birds
            You cut your hair short
            Like a shush to an insult
            The world had been yelling
            Since the day you were born
            Revolting with anger
            While it smiled like it was cute
            That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

My son had tons of dry, itchy skin when he was born. We started using All laundry detergent, and used Aveeno eczema lotion every night. Just get a super rich lotion and apply after showering, and every day, for a few weeks and hopefully it'll clear up.
              ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

Thanks guys. After researching everything I could, it seems to be Diabetes...and..dun dun dun....me at first scratching my dry skin absentmindedly and then doing it again and again. I also scratched the side of the same leg and have two tiny scratch marks. I need to get into my first dr appt because I'm literally out of most meds (except the Diabetes ones).

I took a look at it again today and it seems what is left are slight long scratches now. (did I mention I trimmed my dang nails like a baby!)

Anyways I picked up some Gold Bond's Diabetic lotion and it feels so nice and no scent and non greasy. Then I found in the ethnic section some Mexican Pomada De La Campana. I don't know if it's popular elsewhere, but here in the Mexican areas it is! It's a small (.99) container of a thick balm. So I'm applying that to the area and the lotion as usual.

wish me luck.

Comment

Updatee! That Dr Bell's pomada de la campana is like a friggin miracle! It's healing!

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                    Updatee! That Dr Bell's pomada de la campana is like a friggin miracle! It's healing!
                    Very cool! I'm going to have to see if we have that up here, too. Hubby gets dry skin sometimes but never does anything about it, lol
                    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                    Sneak Attack
                    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Witch Hazel.

Comment

Working...
                      X