Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 48

Thread: Here The Reason Why Impeachment Won't Work For Donald Trump

  1. #1
    Bronze Member Bartmanhomer's Avatar
    Reputation
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,019
    Gender
    male
    Religion
    Christian
    Location
    New York, NY USA

    Here The Reason Why Impeachment Won't Work For Donald Trump

    I don't mean to be a downer or anything but I really don't think impeachment won't change anything in America. Even if the government will impeach Donald Trump, America will have to deal with Mike Pence. And even if the government will impeach Pence, America will have to deal with Paul Ryan and he's also a Republican. So it's one Republican after another. The impeachment won't change anything.

  2. #2
    PF Ordo Hereticus MaskedOne's Avatar
    Reputation
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    7,138
    Religion
    Jedi
    Location
    elsewhere
    Phrase
    The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force.

    Re: Here The Reason Why Impeachment Won't Work For Donald Trump

    Impeachment (and conviction) would change which Republican is in the White House. That matters at this point in time. They tend to focus on different things. Now whether the change would be positive...

    I know a number of people who really don't want to see a President Pence and they'll put up with Trump to avoid him. I know others who think Trump is sufficiently batshit insane that Pence is a much better choice.
    "It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
    ―Thon

    "When to the Force you truly give yourself, all you do expresses the truth of who you are,"

    Yoda

    Yoda told stories, and ate, and cried, and laughed: and the Padawans saw that life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

    Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

    "But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

    John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

    "You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

    Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis



  3. #3
    Live and learn anunitu's Avatar
    Reputation
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    9,510
    Religion
    stregheria

    Re: Here The Reason Why Impeachment Won't Work For Donald Trump

    I think the only thing that would alter things is if the whole election was voided because of proof of collusion with a Foreign power. Never been done before,so not sure there is a chance for this to happen. In that case it might drag ALL of Trumps team into charges. However even this might never come to pass because it would mean a PUBLIC(world public) exposure of our system. like Nixon allowing them to resign and then be pardoned and save our country from embarrassment.

    Kinda a pipe dream,but everything at the moment seems like a bad hit off the pipe anyway.
    I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.
    Mark Twain

    Somewhat like Hunter S. Thompson who was called a gonzo Journalist,I consider myself to be something of a gonzo Pagan.

    The wizard be in: But be warned if you poke him to much,the standard wand of anal probing +10 may be utilized.

    It is interesting that humans seem to believe that they are the crown of creation,until nature drops a house on them....Just saying....

    I have decided that I no longer want to be an adult... If anyone needs me, I'll be in my blanket fort, coloring.

    Trust lost,is trust never regained.

    http://www.paganforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=186&dateline=1330020104

  4. #4
    PF Ordo Hereticus MaskedOne's Avatar
    Reputation
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    7,138
    Religion
    Jedi
    Location
    elsewhere
    Phrase
    The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force.

    Re: Here The Reason Why Impeachment Won't Work For Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by anunitu View Post
    I think the only thing that would alter things is if the whole election was voided because of proof of collusion with a Foreign power. Never been done before,so not sure there is a chance for this to happen. In that case it might drag ALL of Trumps team into charges. However even this might never come to pass because it would mean a PUBLIC(world public) exposure of our system. like Nixon allowing them to resign and then be pardoned and save our country from embarrassment.

    Kinda a pipe dream,but everything at the moment seems like a bad hit off the pipe anyway.
    I'm not sure that'd void the election. I don't know of a process to void a presidential election and if one doesn't already exist then I'd expect it to just end in Trump and Pence being removed, tossing the Presidency to Paul Ryan.
    "It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
    ―Thon

    "When to the Force you truly give yourself, all you do expresses the truth of who you are,"

    Yoda

    Yoda told stories, and ate, and cried, and laughed: and the Padawans saw that life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

    Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

    "But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

    John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

    "You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

    Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis



  5. #5
    Bronze Member Bartmanhomer's Avatar
    Reputation
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,019
    Gender
    male
    Religion
    Christian
    Location
    New York, NY USA

    Re: Here The Reason Why Impeachment Won't Work For Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by MaskedOne View Post
    Impeachment (and conviction) would change which Republican is in the White House. That matters at this point in time. They tend to focus on different things. Now whether the change would be positive...

    I know a number of people who really don't want to see a President Pence and they'll put up with Trump to avoid him. I know others who think Trump is sufficiently batshit insane that Pence is a much better choice.
    I disagree with you. The impeachment won't alter into a positive change. It'll definitely do more harm than good and it's bad enough that Trump is president now and given the damage that he already cause. America doesn't want another liability if Trump get impeached from office. I don't know about Paul Ryan, other than he's a Republican. I'm just unsure if he'll make out a good president or worse.
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 13 Feb 2017 at 08:56.

  6. #6
    PF Ordo Hereticus MaskedOne's Avatar
    Reputation
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    7,138
    Religion
    Jedi
    Location
    elsewhere
    Phrase
    The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force.

    Re: Here The Reason Why Impeachment Won't Work For Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    I disagree with you. The impeachment won't alter into a positive change. It'll definitely do more harm than good and it's bad enough that Trump is president now and given the damage that he already cause. America doesn't want another liability if Trump get impeached from office. I don't know about Paul Ryan, other than he's a Republican. I'm just unsure if he'll make out a good president or worse.
    I didn't actually say whether I thought impeachment and conviction would cause positive change. I said I've seen both positions. Impeachment and conviction would change things. I'm reserving judgement on whether that change would be good.
    "It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
    ―Thon

    "When to the Force you truly give yourself, all you do expresses the truth of who you are,"

    Yoda

    Yoda told stories, and ate, and cried, and laughed: and the Padawans saw that life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

    Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

    "But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

    John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

    "You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

    Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis



  7. #7
    Lord Contrarian Denarius's Avatar
    Reputation
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,700
    Gender
    Neither
    Religion
    Esoteric Kekism
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Phrase
    If you can't slam with the best, then jam with the rest.

    Re: Here The Reason Why Impeachment Won't Work For Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by anunitu View Post
    I think the only thing that would alter things is if the whole election was voided because of proof of collusion with a Foreign power.
    Collusion in the sense of proving that the losing side was colluding with the media? Because that, unlike the DNC's domestic collusion, has not been proven.

    I seem to recall being told that I was dangerous and undemocratic for even questioning the potential validity of the election not too many months ago.

    Also, I highly disagree with the notion that getting rid of Trump would change nothing. Paul Ryan, and even Pence as far as I am concerned, are both Reaganites. No different in any meaningful way than any president we've had since Carter, and most politicians in general for that matter. Neocons and neoliberals are both corporate centrists. Though, both Ryan and Pence would (and I believe, did) deny being one.

    Trump is the change, but people are scared of change.

    The idea that there is any meaningful difference between mainstream Republicans and Democrats is laughable. Even a lot of the fringe is more corporate than anything else. One puppet of Wall Street is as good as the next, especially when you are talking about presidents. The last good one we had was Eisenhower, and the last one that wasn't just a cookie-cutter clone was Carter.

    If Trump is being upfront with us about what he plans to do, and I've seen very little so far to dissuade me of that notion, then this hypothetical Russian involvement is a godsend. Putin would be a damned hero, fixing our broken system.

    Because, and this is important, NONE of the emails were altered or fabricated and there was absolutely no foreign vote tampering... or at least, no one is seriously suggesting either. So, if American journalists were doing their jobs then there would be no need of, or point to, foreign involvement.

    The info would already be out there, and as the info itself points out it was not hard to get. Didn't exactly need the backing of a government agency to crack that case.
    Last edited by Denarius; 13 Feb 2017 at 12:32.
    Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

  8. #8
    Bronze Member Bartmanhomer's Avatar
    Reputation
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,019
    Gender
    male
    Religion
    Christian
    Location
    New York, NY USA

    Re: Here The Reason Why Impeachment Won't Work For Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Denarius View Post
    Collusion in the sense of proving that the losing side was colluding with the media? Because that, unlike the DNC's domestic collusion, has not been proven.

    I seem to recall being told that I was dangerous and undemocratic for even questioning the potential validity of the election not too many months ago.

    Also, I highly disagree with the notion that getting rid of Trump would change nothing. Paul Ryan, and even Pence as far as I am concerned, are both Reaganites. No different in any meaningful way than any president we've had since Carter, and most politicians in general for that matter. Neocons and neoliberals are both corporate centrists. Though, both Ryan and Pence would (and I believe, did) deny being one.

    Trump is the change, but people are scared of change.

    The idea that there is any meaningful difference between mainstream Republicans and Democrats is laughable. Even a lot of the fringe is more corporate than anything else. One puppet of Wall Street is as good as the next, especially when you are talking about presidents. The last good one we had was Eisenhower, and the last one that wasn't just a cookie-cutter clone was Carter.

    If Trump is being upfront with us about what he plans to do, and I've seen very little so far to dissuade me of that notion, then this hypothetical Russian involvement is a godsend. Putin would be a damned hero, fixing our broken system.

    Because, and this is important, NONE of the emails were altered or fabricated and there was absolutely no foreign vote tampering... or at least, no one is seriously suggesting either. So, if American journalists were doing their jobs then there would be no need of, or point to, foreign involvement.

    The info would already be out there, and as the info itself points out it was not hard to get. Didn't exactly need the backing of a government agency to crack that case.
    And Trump change is very dangerous, which proves that his mental state proves to be unfit for running for president.

  9. #9
    Nihilistic Goddess Medusa's Avatar
    Reputation
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    10,182
    Gender
    female
    Religion
    LaVeyan Satanist
    Phrase
    A Clockwork orange

    Re: Here The Reason Why Impeachment Won't Work For Donald Trump

    *whispers
    there is always another way to get rid of a president.
    Satan is my spirit animal

  10. #10
    Supporter Hawkfeathers's Avatar
    Reputation
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    5,080
    Gender
    female
    Religion
    Eclectic Pagan/Stregheria
    Location
    The Ozarks

    Re: Here The Reason Why Impeachment Won't Work For Donald Trump

    He could walk down 5th Ave. & shoot someone and his followers will still support him, remember? It's more true than ever. It's OK to discuss matters of national security by the light of a cellphone at a table with wait staff & other patrons around, but Hillary's emails were SOOOOOOO awful! He's the real Teflon Don.

    Last night I dvr'd a movie I'd seen before but wanted to see again - "Olympus Has Fallen". Some good stuff there. All kinds of spies taking people hostage and pretty much destroying the White House.

    Can you hear me, Major Tom?

Similar Threads

  1. This really caught my eye,Trump and russia connection.
    By anunitu in forum News & Current Events
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 11 Jan 2017, 19:28
  2. Trump/Madoff Comparison
    By Bartmanhomer in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04 Feb 2016, 20:14
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08 Dec 2015, 23:01
  4. Trump making friends is not his best talent.
    By anunitu in forum Catacombs
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 26 Jun 2015, 15:40

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •