Here The Reason Why Impeachment Won't Work For Donald Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here The Reason Why Impeachment Won't Work For Donald Trump

I don't mean to be a downer or anything but I really don't think impeachment won't change anything in America. Even if the government will impeach Donald Trump, America will have to deal with Mike Pence. And even if the government will impeach Pence, America will have to deal with Paul Ryan and he's also a Republican. So it's one Republican after another. The impeachment won't change anything.

Re: Here The Reason Why Impeachment Won't Work For Donald Trump

Impeachment (and conviction) would change which Republican is in the White House. That matters at this point in time. They tend to focus on different things. Now whether the change would be positive...

I know a number of people who really don't want to see a President Pence and they'll put up with Trump to avoid him. I know others who think Trump is sufficiently batshit insane that Pence is a much better choice.
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I think the only thing that would alter things is if the whole election was voided because of proof of collusion with a Foreign power. Never been done before,so not sure there is a chance for this to happen. In that case it might drag ALL of Trumps team into charges. However even this might never come to pass because it would mean a PUBLIC(world public) exposure of our system. like Nixon allowing them to resign and then be pardoned and save our country from embarrassment.

Kinda a pipe dream,but everything at the moment seems like a bad hit off the pipe anyway.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
        I think the only thing that would alter things is if the whole election was voided because of proof of collusion with a Foreign power. Never been done before,so not sure there is a chance for this to happen. In that case it might drag ALL of Trumps team into charges. However even this might never come to pass because it would mean a PUBLIC(world public) exposure of our system. like Nixon allowing them to resign and then be pardoned and save our country from embarrassment.

Kinda a pipe dream,but everything at the moment seems like a bad hit off the pipe anyway.
        I'm not sure that'd void the election. I don't know of a process to void a presidential election and if one doesn't already exist then I'd expect it to just end in Trump and Pence being removed, tossing the Presidency to Paul Ryan.
        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
          Impeachment (and conviction) would change which Republican is in the White House. That matters at this point in time. They tend to focus on different things. Now whether the change would be positive...

I know a number of people who really don't want to see a President Pence and they'll put up with Trump to avoid him. I know others who think Trump is sufficiently batshit insane that Pence is a much better choice.
          I disagree with you. The impeachment won't alter into a positive change. It'll definitely do more harm than good and it's bad enough that Trump is president now and given the damage that he already cause. America doesn't want another liability if Trump get impeached from office. I don't know about Paul Ryan, other than he's a Republican. I'm just unsure if he'll make out a good president or worse.
          Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 13 Feb 2017, 08:56.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
            I disagree with you. The impeachment won't alter into a positive change. It'll definitely do more harm than good and it's bad enough that Trump is president now and given the damage that he already cause. America doesn't want another liability if Trump get impeached from office. I don't know about Paul Ryan, other than he's a Republican. I'm just unsure if he'll make out a good president or worse.
            I didn't actually say whether I thought impeachment and conviction would cause positive change. I said I've seen both positions. Impeachment and conviction would change things. I'm reserving judgement on whether that change would be good.

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
              I think the only thing that would alter things is if the whole election was voided because of proof of collusion with a Foreign power.
              Collusion in the sense of proving that the losing side was colluding with the media? Because that, unlike the DNC's domestic collusion, has not been proven.

I seem to recall being told that I was dangerous and undemocratic for even questioning the potential validity of the election not too many months ago.

Also, I highly disagree with the notion that getting rid of Trump would change nothing. Paul Ryan, and even Pence as far as I am concerned, are both Reaganites. No different in any meaningful way than any president we've had since Carter, and most politicians in general for that matter. Neocons and neoliberals are both corporate centrists. Though, both Ryan and Pence would (and I believe, did) deny being one.

Trump is the change, but people are scared of change.

The idea that there is any meaningful difference between mainstream Republicans and Democrats is laughable. Even a lot of the fringe is more corporate than anything else. One puppet of Wall Street is as good as the next, especially when you are talking about presidents. The last good one we had was Eisenhower, and the last one that wasn't just a cookie-cutter clone was Carter.

If Trump is being upfront with us about what he plans to do, and I've seen very little so far to dissuade me of that notion, then this hypothetical Russian involvement is a godsend. Putin would be a damned hero, fixing our broken system.

Because, and this is important, NONE of the emails were altered or fabricated and there was absolutely no foreign vote tampering... or at least, no one is seriously suggesting either. So, if American journalists were doing their jobs then there would be no need of, or point to, foreign involvement.

The info would already be out there, and as the info itself points out it was not hard to get. Didn't exactly need the backing of a government agency to crack that case.
              Last edited by Denarius; 13 Feb 2017, 12:32.
              Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
                Collusion in the sense of proving that the losing side was colluding with the media? Because that, unlike the DNC's domestic collusion, has not been proven.

I seem to recall being told that I was dangerous and undemocratic for even questioning the potential validity of the election not too many months ago.

Also, I highly disagree with the notion that getting rid of Trump would change nothing. Paul Ryan, and even Pence as far as I am concerned, are both Reaganites. No different in any meaningful way than any president we've had since Carter, and most politicians in general for that matter. Neocons and neoliberals are both corporate centrists. Though, both Ryan and Pence would (and I believe, did) deny being one.

Trump is the change, but people are scared of change.

The idea that there is any meaningful difference between mainstream Republicans and Democrats is laughable. Even a lot of the fringe is more corporate than anything else. One puppet of Wall Street is as good as the next, especially when you are talking about presidents. The last good one we had was Eisenhower, and the last one that wasn't just a cookie-cutter clone was Carter.

If Trump is being upfront with us about what he plans to do, and I've seen very little so far to dissuade me of that notion, then this hypothetical Russian involvement is a godsend. Putin would be a damned hero, fixing our broken system.

Because, and this is important, NONE of the emails were altered or fabricated and there was absolutely no foreign vote tampering... or at least, no one is seriously suggesting either. So, if American journalists were doing their jobs then there would be no need of, or point to, foreign involvement.

The info would already be out there, and as the info itself points out it was not hard to get. Didn't exactly need the backing of a government agency to crack that case.
                And Trump change is very dangerous, which proves that his mental state proves to be unfit for running for president.

Comment

*whispers
                  there is always another way to get rid of a president.
                  Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

He could walk down 5th Ave. & shoot someone and his followers will still support him, remember? It's more true than ever. It's OK to discuss matters of national security by the light of a cellphone at a table with wait staff & other patrons around, but Hillary's emails were SOOOOOOO awful! He's the real Teflon Don.

Last night I dvr'd a movie I'd seen before but wanted to see again - "Olympus Has Fallen". Some good stuff there. All kinds of spies taking people hostage and pretty much destroying the White House.
                    sigpic
                    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                      *whispers
                      /10burns

images-5.jpg
                      ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                      Seen the desert and the birds
                      You cut your hair short
                      Like a shush to an insult
                      The world had been yelling
                      Since the day you were born
                      Revolting with anger
                      While it smiled like it was cute
                      That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

*whispers
                        Let's not troll federal agencies by starting that discussion. PF could use more traffic, it doesn't need it enough to start looking for ways to summon bored intelligence analysts.

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                          Let's not troll federal agencies by starting that discussion. PF could use more traffic, it doesn't need it enough to start looking for ways to summon bored intelligence analysts.
                          So my plan to slip him the zombie virus is a no-go?

Comment

So my plan to slip him the zombie virus is a no-go?
                            LOL! Let's try not to kill the president in the 1st 100 days of his presidency or bring the world to destruction. I'm not for Trump, but let's see how he does in his first 100 days. Believe me...I'm not for him. I'm definitely not for his damn wall when we can be putting those resources to other uses like help for our veterans and such. So let's wait a few before we try to take him down.
                            Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                              LOL! Let's try not to kill the president in the 1st 100 days of his presidency or bring the world to destruction. I'm not for Trump, but let's see how he does in his first 100 days. Believe me...I'm not for him. I'm definitely not for his damn wall when we can be putting those resources to other uses like help for our veterans and such. So let's wait a few before we try to take him down.
                              lol. No. Let's not wait. I mean what are you waiting for? To murder the first born child of every couple?
                              Come on.

History tells us what happens when we wait around for more 'serious' atrocities. I mean right now it's not us. It's just 'them'. Guess what chicken butt? Not in 2017. Nope. We don't wait for evil dumb dumbs.

Let the zombie virus do its job dang it!:devil:

Comment

Working...
                              X