Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Military goes green

Will wonders ever cease?

The U.S. military is considering switching to bullets and bombs that sprout flowers.

All that lead was just too destructive to the environment. Although this is about training rounds, I kindda like the idea that, if I am shot, my carcass will sprout tasty food for critters.
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Re: Military goes green

I guess if they use it for training it's okay and if it has the same effect. However, there will still need to be testing to be done with it. I can understand the concerns with going green and the concept is great for our Earth. We need to think logistically though. Will this defend us as well?
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
      I guess if they use it for training it's okay and if it has the same effect. However, there will still need to be testing to be done with it. I can understand the concerns with going green and the concept is great for our Earth. We need to think logistically though. Will this defend us as well?
      We already train with simunition, lasers, computer simulators, dummy bombs, even paintball. I think we can handle some flower bullets.
      Last edited by thalassa; 15 Feb 2017, 13:28.
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

Maybe that will make up for all the bombs we drop and the civilians we kill.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
          All that lead was just too destructive to the environment. Although this is about training rounds, I kindda like the idea that, if I am shot, my carcass will sprout tasty food for critters.
          I assure you that your body is already tasty food for critters.

It's a small step, but it's the first positive story I've read about the military, so I'm all for it!
          夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
            I assure you that your body is already tasty food for critters.

It's a small step, but it's the first positive story I've read about the military, so I'm all for it!

LOL - I know, but I'm not generally thinking about being shot by seeds...
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
              We already train with simunition, lasers, computer simulators, dummy bombs, even paintball. I think we can handle some flower bullets.
              I don't keep on the up and up with what the Army does. I was just thinking if they adopted it in real action.
              Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Working...
              X