Yulin Is Barbaric

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yulin Is Barbaric

My aunt and uncle used to keep chickens. We used to eat them, too. Usually just for holidays.

Comment

Ok, but what about things such as Ants, Snails, Grasshoppers & Locusts, Grubs and other insect like creatures?

Chocolate covers ants are not to bad but the heads get caught between your teeth. Grasshoppers & Locust are sort of crunchy. Snails are like eating oysters to me so never got a taste for them. Grubs couldn't do though I know they are a staple food some aboriginal peoples. None are high on my diet list for certain and would take a bit of getting used to other than as a so called exotic meal. But they are known meal things and I suppose substitutes for "meat" if you hold to a strict sense of meat being animals.
      I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

I might mention I tried Caviar...Not impressed at all,Had to try just to say I did....
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
          I might mention I tried Caviar...Not impressed at all,Had to try just to say I did....
          When I went through Chief's initiation they had something that looked like caviar along with some shrimp sauce on it but not sure it was caviar. Definitely not shrimp cocktail sauce though. Of course everything we ate during initiation was real food just not something you might normally serve together. Any one who's an initiated Chief or gone through similar initiation's which used combined food's can probably relate to that aspect.
          Last edited by monsno_leedra; 06 Mar 2017, 08:00.

Comment

Yeh,the date line and equator ones...did the date line,but not the equator...Got the order of the Golden dragon for the Date line.
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
              Ok, but what about things such as Ants, Snails, Grasshoppers & Locusts, Grubs and other insect like creatures?

Chocolate covers ants are not to bad but the heads get caught between your teeth. Grasshoppers & Locust are sort of crunchy. Snails are like eating oysters to me so never got a taste for them. Grubs couldn't do though I know they are a staple food some aboriginal peoples. None are high on my diet list for certain and would take a bit of getting used to other than as a so called exotic meal. But they are known meal things and I suppose substitutes for "meat" if you hold to a strict sense of meat being animals.
              Please define protein.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
                Please define protein.
                What's to define BMH? Each of those listed provides nutrition and will keep you alive. Basic survival skills and outdoorsmanship. Some taste better than others and have more nutritional value and different species have different properties.

Just imagine how many creepy crawly things you've already eaten in your life time. Forget the average number of spiders, ants, flies, etc that a person eats simply because we keep our mouth open for so much of the time when we sleep. They crawl in, we chomp down and swallow or just swallow and don't even think about it. It's all reflex. That's not counting roaches and stuff that you'd find in the cities or similar type bugs where mankind is heavily concentrated.

Comment

What's to define BMH? Each of those listed provides nutrition and will keep you alive. Basic survival skills and outdoorsmanship. Some taste better than others and have more nutritional value and different species have different properties.

Just imagine how many creepy crawly things you've already eaten in your life time. Forget the average number of spiders, ants, flies, etc that a person eats simply because we keep our mouth open for so much of the time when we sleep. They crawl in, we chomp down and swallow or just swallow and don't even think about it. It's all reflex. That's not counting roaches and stuff that you'd find in the cities or similar type bugs where mankind is heavily concentrated.
                  OK I'm going to be very mature about and say this: I don't eat bugs and I never will.

Comment

OK I'm going to be very mature about and say this: I don't eat bugs and I never will.
                    BMH, you really do not want to check then into what the FDA says is allowable contamination of your food by foreign material. You've probably eaten more bugs and other things than you'd care to know about and don't even know you've eaten them. Realistically you've probably even eaten a few pets, not yours specifically, but not all meats that have been labeled as hamburger have been hamburger when tested.

Unless you raise it yourself, slaughter it yourself and then butcher it yourself then freeze it yourself you really can't be 100 positive what you pay for is what is on the label. Sad but true, that's why a lot of people do go the route of raising their own food or going in with others to raise cattle, hogs, etc the paying to have them slaughtered and butchered. That or purchasing from local ranchers, farmers, etc so they know exactly what they are getting.
                    Last edited by monsno_leedra; 06 Mar 2017, 09:45.

Comment

BMH, you really do not want to check then into what the FDA says is allowable contamination of your food by foreign material. You've probably eaten more bugs and other things than you'd care to know about and don't even know you've eaten them. Realistically you've probably even eaten a few pets, not yours specifically, but not all meats that have been labeled as hamburger have been hamburger when tested.

Unless you raise it yourself, slaughter it yourself and then butcher it yourself then freeze it yourself you really can't be 100 positive what you pay for is what is on the label. Sad but true, that's why a lot of people do go the route of raising their own food or going in with others to raise cattle, hogs, etc the paying to have them slaughtered and butchered. That or purchasing from local ranchers, farmers, etc so they know exactly what they are getting.
                      What make you so sure about it?

Comment

What make you so sure about it?
                        People I've known that were USDA inspectors, reports I've read, things I've seen, having known people as well as family that worked in various processing plants. That doesn't even count doing a stores load for military ships over seas where everything was purchased in accordance with FDA regulations and what was there.

Truthfully people live in denial when it comes to a lot of their food. Doesn't matter whether it be meat or the veggies and fruit. Even when you try to be safe and informed about it many times its made difficult by the very process that is supposed to keep you safe.

Comment

Please define protein.
                          Amino acids joined by peptide bonds, forming polymer chains essential to nutrition. The stomach breaks them down into smaller chains, which we need in certain ratios for optimum health.
                          sigpic
                          Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

People I've known that were USDA inspectors, reports I've read, things I've seen, having known people as well as family that worked in various processing plants. That doesn't even count doing a stores load for military ships over seas where everything was purchased in accordance with FDA regulations and what was there.

Truthfully people live in denial when it comes to a lot of their food. Doesn't matter whether it be meat or the veggies and fruit. Even when you try to be safe and informed about it many times its made difficult by the very process that is supposed to keep you safe.
                            If that's true why nobody isn't doing anything about it?

Comment

A lot of people are, but it's hard to catch culprits. Fish fraud is especially rampant, for example. In most cases of fish fraud, the fish comes from overseas and is processed overseas. On our side of things, we pretty much just have to take their word for it. It's pretty hard to tell one white fish from another white fish by flesh alone. They could genetically test every single filet, but that would be ridiculously expensive.

Comment

It's in the packaging and wording. Sometimes you really have to research when it says stock and fillers.

It's also in the FDA rules and how much other stuff is allowed percentage wise per part. Then there is a difference between dry goods, fresh goods, live products, etc.

When it's caught legal actions are taken. Lots of times it's hard to catch. But many times it has to be really vagrant abuses of the system.

Comment

Working...
                                X