Yulin Is Barbaric

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
    Ok, but what about things such as Ants, Snails, Grasshoppers & Locusts, Grubs and other insect like creatures?

Chocolate covers ants are not to bad but the heads get caught between your teeth. Grasshoppers & Locust are sort of crunchy. Snails are like eating oysters to me so never got a taste for them. Grubs couldn't do though I know they are a staple food some aboriginal peoples. None are high on my diet list for certain and would take a bit of getting used to other than as a so called exotic meal. But they are known meal things and I suppose substitutes for "meat" if you hold to a strict sense of meat being animals.
    This vegetarian is very interested in insect proteins.
    ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
    Seen the desert and the birds
    You cut your hair short
    Like a shush to an insult
    The world had been yelling
    Since the day you were born
    Revolting with anger
    While it smiled like it was cute
    That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post

What make you so sure about it?
      Google it. It's commonly accepted knowledge.

RIP

You cut your hair short
      Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

If that's true why nobody isn't doing anything about it?
        The FDA etc has allowances for how much insect can turn up per food product. It's actually allowed. Like one bug part per block of chocolate or something

RIP

You cut your hair short
        Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Re: Yulin Is Barbaric

Originally posted by Heka View Post
          Omg I love you!! ME TOO!! I dream of the day we all stop being pussies and start eating grubs. They are such a good source of protein and can be produced pound for pound at a fraction of the cost, time and space as livestock and with far less pollution too. It could easily be processed to make breaded nuggets, slices for sandwiches or even formed into rashers. What's the difference between eating a maggot and eating a prawn, that looks just like a pink maggot when shelled and ready to eat?

And for those who justify their meat eating with 'but we evolved to eat meat', we were eating insects (and shellfish) way before that, so go on, treat yourself, much on a locust!!

- - - Updated - - -

OK I'm going to be very mature about and say this: I don't eat bugs and I never will.
          If you want to change the world and reduce animal cruelty, helping to creating a demand for these products would be a fine place to start. Something to think about.
          夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post

Omg I love you!! ME TOO!! I dream of the day we all stop being pussies and start eating grubs. They are such a good source of protein and can be produced pound for pound at a fraction of the cost, time and space as livestock and with far less pollution too. It could easily be processed to make breaded nuggets, slices for sandwiches or even formed into rashers. What's the difference between eating a maggot and eating a prawn, that looks just like a pink maggot when shelled and ready to eat?

And for those who justify their meat eating with 'but we evolved to eat meat', we were eating insects (and shellfish) way before that, so go on, treat yourself, much on a locust!!

- - - Updated - - -

If you want to change the world and reduce animal cruelty, helping to creating a demand for these products would be a fine place to start. Something to think about.
            Yeah except i don't want to eat bugs lol. Bug powders ok

RIP

You cut your hair short
            Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

If that's true why nobody isn't doing anything about it?
              An aside though but one of the big ones I was recently reading about is plastic rice. Some major shipments of the stuff have ended up in third world areas and some other areas as refugee & emergency food if I recall correctly. Don't recall where it came from as I believe it was shipped in bagged as regular rice. So parts of the pallet were real rice and parts were plastic rice. No one knows for sure how long its been going on as it was sort of a fluke that it was discovered.

- - - Updated - - -

I could get behind eating processed insect proteins. Not sure I could do the wiggly wormy looking things though. In a pinch it'd be ok and have done so but to simply pick up like a chip couldn't do that. Had a hard enough time doing the fish thing when it's laying there looking back at me.
              I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

or even formed into rashers.
                Please excuse my Yankee ignorance, but what's a rasher?
                sigpic
                Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                  Please excuse my Yankee ignorance, but what's a rasher?

In the U.S., a rasher is a slab of bacon. In the U.K... ???
                  I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and CountryTribe of my Tribe
                  Clan of my Clan
                  Kin of my Kin
                  Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
                  And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
                    In the U.S., a rasher is a slab of bacon. In the U.K... ???
                    Same. You can get quorn rashers so I don't see why you couldn't make them from ground grub protein too.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah except i don't want to eat bugs lol. Bug powders ok
                    That's why I said 'we'. I'm including myself as one of the pussies. Although if they did make things out of ground up grubs so it didn't look like grubs, I think I probably could eat it.
                    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I had read somewhere that insect protein is much cheaper by the pound or European weight and much more nutritious,that and land use for raising meat animals is VERY expensive by acre used.

About eating bugs.
                      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
                        An aside though but one of the big ones I was recently reading about is plastic rice. Some major shipments of the stuff have ended up in third world areas and some other areas as refugee & emergency food if I recall correctly. Don't recall where it came from as I believe it was shipped in bagged as regular rice. So parts of the pallet were real rice and parts were plastic rice. No one knows for sure how long its been going on as it was sort of a fluke that it was discovered.

- - - Updated - - -

I could get behind eating processed insect proteins. Not sure I could do the wiggly wormy looking things though. In a pinch it'd be ok and have done so but to simply pick up like a chip couldn't do that. Had a hard enough time doing the fish thing when it's laying there looking back at me.
                        What does plastic rice got to do with anything?

Comment

What does plastic rice got to do with anything?
                          It's as valid as any aspect of this conversation. How inhumane is it to inflict pain and suffering on those dogs versus inflicting pain and suffering on the people who will eat that rice but never be nourished by it. Not only never be nourished but in the long run potentially be killed by it and suffer health issues due to the plastic nature of it and what it will do to their digestive tracks and other body parts. We have sea creatures washing ashore with stomachs full of plastic that have starved to death basically. Think that is any less humane and painful to those creatures than what is done to those dogs?

Come on BMH got to look at the larger picture here
                          Last edited by monsno_leedra; 06 Mar 2017, 17:17.
                          I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                            I had read somewhere that insect protein is much cheaper by the pound or European weight and much more nutritious,that and land use for raising meat animals is VERY expensive by acre used.

About eating bugs.
                            Yeah, but then.. I did already say that ^^

It's not the first time I've mentioned my support for a move to bugs as our staple protein here. It's something I've felt strongly about for a few years now. Heck, it even made me post in a thread I'd been sneering at from a far until now!

Comment

I don't think I've ever heard bacon called a rasher before! Thanks!
                              They make soy burgers, etc., I don't know why they couldn't be grub-burgers. Kinda icky but so are lobsters, really.
                              sigpic
                              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                                I don't think I've ever heard bacon called a rasher before! Thanks!
                                They make soy burgers, etc., I don't know why they couldn't be grub-burgers. Kinda icky but so are lobsters, really.
                                Do you eat bacon in rashers in your part of the world though? I know when I was in Germany it wasn't easy to find bacon cut into thin strips like that (although come to think of it, I know in the US you can have slices of bacon in a burger, but maybe it's different in different states?). Not that I was looking for bacon in Germany. I just remember hearing some poor British expat moaning that he can't make a proper full English breakfast!

Comment

Working...
                                X