X-Men artist fired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X-Men artist fired

This is art/entertainment/religion/politics all in one!

Marvel fires artist Ardian Syaf over religious references in X-Men comic book

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/articl...men-comic-book
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Re: X-Men artist fired

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
    This is art/entertainment/religion/politics all in one!

Marvel fires artist Ardian Syaf over religious references in X-Men comic book

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/articl...men-comic-book
    Good. I'm glad they fire his butt.

Comment

Dear lord this man is an idiot. He can't even keep his mouth shut to let things pass. Oh no. Let's go out wit a bang and say 'and I quote': When Jews are offended, there is no mercy'.

Dude. Stahp.
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
        Dear lord this man is an idiot. He can't even keep his mouth shut to let things pass. Oh no. Let's go out wit a bang and say 'and I quote': When Jews are offended, there is no mercy'.

Dude. Stahp.
        I agree Medusa. What that guy did was very offensive.

Comment

Yeah, this was too much. Usually, things have little "Easter eggs" in them, and they're silly, or cute, or things no one would ever notice (or phallic symbols in Disney castles LOL) but this one was over the line.
          sigpic
          Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
            Yeah, this was too much. Usually, things have little "Easter eggs" in them, and they're silly, or cute, or things no one would ever notice (or phallic symbols in Disney castles LOL) but this one was over the line.
            May I also add that I hope no other comic book company would ever hired this guy.

Comment

"I don't understand why everyone's so upset" he says, after hiding anti-Semitic messages in a comic series that was originally a metaphor for Jewish persecution...

If nothing else, we can take relief in the fact that he's too stupid to be able to do further damage

Comment

Originally posted by Chessa View Post
                "I don't understand why everyone's so upset" he says, after hiding anti-Semitic messages in a comic series that was originally a metaphor for Jewish persecution...

If nothing else, we can take relief in the fact that he's too stupid to be able to do further damage
                Yeah, he's a moron.

Comment

I don't want to be disrespectful to any one religion or anyone for that matter, but you just don't put religious references in comic books. Especially if you are going to be disrespectful to a certain religion. I understand people have their thoughts about certain religions, but keep that to yourself, don't try to force your thoughts on the world. He deserved what he got in my opinion.
                  Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                    I don't want to be disrespectful to any one religion or anyone for that matter, but you just don't put religious references in comic books. Especially if you are going to be disrespectful to a certain religion. I understand people have their thoughts about certain religions, but keep that to yourself, don't try to force your thoughts on the world. He deserved what he got in my opinion.
                    I totally agree. If it was a fictional religion that would be a different story. Obviously this guy wasn't thinking straight.

Comment

Working...
                    X