Path Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Path Work

I'm just curious to see what everybody is up to in regard to path works. As a solitary I find it beneficial to get a glimpse into others path.

I specifically have been trying to intersect small aspects of my path into the mundane day to day tasks. I recently stopped eating meat, not only was that a deliberate decision on a spiritual level, but it brought a certain level of reflection and thought to every meal I make like what I need, how much to make so not to waste. Things like that.

You?

Re: Path Work

I'm familiar with the expression 'pathwork' but it doesn't seem to be what you're talking about. Can you clarify what you mean by 'path work' please?
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

From an unorthodox perspective I just mean, what are we doing both deliberately or not so much so on our own spiritual paths.

Comment

I still honor many of the customs I was raised with, like not eating meat on Fridays during Lent, etc. I sense an interconnectedness of different paths and don't see them as mutually exclusive.
        sigpic
        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

So basically we're answering 'how do we practice our path'?

If I've understood you correctly, then that's a pretty huge question but to answer as briefly as my personality will allow...

I meditate daily, including what I call the 'inner flame visualisation'. The flame is a concept central to my personal beliefs, which in brief is a connection between the sacred flame of Brigantia, the combustion that occurs in the cells of all living things and is quite literally our 'life enegy' and the starlight from which every molecule of our planet and so of us, originated. This flame is also how I work magic so I have to keep the visualisation strong.
          My path is bioregional so using local plants in spells and food is an expression of my path, as is the volunteering I do at a local medieval herb garden (restored based on what archaeologists believe would have been there). There is small stream, that used to be a great river, running through a dean in the park where the garden is and this is one of 3 places of power for me, and also good foraging ground for edibles as it's somewhat sheltered from dogs. I actually have some wild garlic drying on my washing line as I type this that I picked there this morning.
          My choice not to eat meat is a spiritual expression for me. I don't believe you have to be vegetarian to be pagan, but I DO believe that everyone needs to know their own personal code of honour and adhere to it (yes, for anyone reading Caroline Myss, I formed this belief after reading Anatomy of the Spirit) for me, that personal code includes avoiding undue suffering.
          I do specific rituals on the full moon, new moon and sabbats.
          Each lunar month I review my spiritual work from the previous month and set goals for the month ahead with help from my spirit guides. I call this my 'temple work' and it is split into 3 categories, the Temple of the Earth, the Temple of the Sea and the Temple of the Sky. As such, the specific activities I do each month vary. This month I'm going deeper with tarot, dipping my toes into astrology and doing inner work around the concept of integrity and Brigantia's sword (all unverified personal gnosis of course).
          I'm also working through a 7 week psychic development programme from a book I've had for years but haven't followed for over 10 years (not sure if this would count as 'path work' though).

I hope I've answered correctly.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Jembru; 09 May 2017, 05:25.
          夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Working...
          X