No announcement yet.

Threat Level raised to Critical but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Threat Level raised to Critical but...

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
    Sorry - I did miss your thread. No hurt was intended.

- - - Updated - - -

Worst for me is seeing photos of military on the streets in London. I mean where I live there aren't any, but it is strange seeing people armed. And as there is a General Election looming, I would hate to see them still there come polling day.

Then again, if there's a knock at the door....
    It's OK and I'm sorry if I overreacted about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
      It's OK and I'm sorry if I overreacted about it.
      No worries. Sorry for the mix up.
      www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
        No worries. Sorry for the mix up.

Anyway I think terrorism is getting more common worldwide.

Comment

I don't think that's what this thread is for, BMH. Have you checked the link that was posted in the OP?

I was waiting for Tylluan to respond to my PM, but seeing that it's in the middle of the night there right now and I'll likely not get an answer soon, I'm going to just go ahead say that this thread is not encroaching on your Manchester thread that you posted (in an entirely different category, and correctly placed by you, I may add). Can you please just drop it and move along with the actual point of this thread? Thanks.

Ps: If I'm incorrect in my impression of the nature of this thread, Tylluan can correct me at her leisure since she is the actual OP of this topic and can clarify her intent (either in PM or here).
          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
          ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
          Sneak Attack
          Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
            I don't think that's what this thread is for, BMH. Have you checked the link that was posted in the OP?

I was waiting for Tylluan to respond to my PM, but seeing that it's in the middle of the night there right now and I'll likely not get an answer soon, I'm going to just go ahead say that this thread is not encroaching on your Manchester thread that you posted (in an entirely different category, and correctly placed by you, I may add). Can you please just drop it and move along with the actual point of this thread? Thanks.

Ps: If I'm incorrect in my impression of the nature of this thread, Tylluan can correct me at her leisure since she is the actual OP of this topic and can clarify her intent (either in PM or here).
            I went to the link now. That site must be satire. It seems like that some people is taking this lightly.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
              I went to the link now. That site must be satire. It seems like that some people is taking this lightly.
              NO ONE IS TAKING THIS LIGHTLY BHM!! Some people are using humour as a way through the darkness. I think it's a positive thing. What would you have us do? Lock ourselves up indoors? Succumb to terror? Let them win? There is no 'right way' to react to things like this.
              夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I agree Jem,humor is in many ways based on tragedy. We make fun of the demon we all fear. It has been said that humor grows from pain,and is a healing act.
                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                  I agree Jem,humor is in many ways based on tragedy. We make fun of the demon we all fear. It has been said that humor grows from pain,and is a healing act.
                  Very nicely put! I guess we can't know the thoughts of those using that hash-tag, but I believe that generally it was well meaning.

That said... sorry I snapped there BMH. You just hit a nerve for some reason. Maybe because I'd just been watching interviews with the survivers and hospital staff. Don't worry about it.
                  夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Humour is what keeps a lot of us sane in this world.. And the brits are famed for their wit and slightly dark sense of humour (at least here they are). this may be a bad example, but have you read harry potter? The way to defeat a boggart - the creature that takes the form of your deepest fear - is to transform it into something you can laugh about. Noone is taking it lightly. I think I can safely say most of Europe is shaken. But life goes on and people have to cope. The concept of Terror lies in the Word. To instill fear in people. Joking is a way of keeping the fear in check. To show that we won't be scared to live our lives.
                    Last edited by iris; 25 May 2017, 15:02.
                    You remind me of the babe
                    What babe?
                    The babe with the power
                    What power?
                    The Power of voodoo
                    Who do?
                    You do!
                    Do what?
                    Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Just tried to reply to BMH's thread but it's currupted. Tried on the laptop in case it's my phone but that's currupted too (text squashed together then 'page not found' if you try to post). So I guess I'll put this here for now..

What I'm finding so hard to deal with in regards to this sparticular attack, is that they targeted teenagers. I don't have children, and I imagine this is even worse for those who do, but I can very vividly imagine the pain that losing a child must bring. It goes round and round in my head. Imagining those happy children, excited, being dropped off by their parents... and then...

It's not fair. So unforgivably cruel.

I've heard that they've adopted 'Don't Look Back in Anger' as the anthem. I like that (Oasis are from Manchester). A lone woman just started singing after the silence. After 4 or 5 lines the crowd joined in. Really moving scene and now it's a thing!

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                        Very nicely put! I guess we can't know the thoughts of those using that hash-tag, but I believe that generally it was well meaning.

That said... sorry I snapped there BMH. You just hit a nerve for some reason. Maybe because I'd just been watching interviews with the survivers and hospital staff. Don't worry about it.
                        It's ok. I didn't mean it to say that way. When I went to the link, it seems like the news is making a huge laugh at this which I didn't find it funny at all. I'm sorry if I offended you.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Jembru View Post

It's ok. I didn't mean it to say that way. When I went to the link, it seems like the news is making a huge laugh at this which I didn't find it funny at all. I'm sorry if I offended you.

Comment

Humans do have a strange sense of humor. If you are old enough,you might remember when Dead Baby jokes were all the rage. And if you are even older,the whole cold war and jokes like the atomic attack advice,"Bend over and kiss your Butt goodbye"
                          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I've always found humour a way to get through some of the worst patches in my life. Nobody is taking the attack on Manchester - or anywhere else for that matter - lightly. It's horrible, unspeakable to target children and teenagers who should have had their lives ahead of them. But that said, we must not turn on each other but towards each other. And humour is often a good way to do this.

Now it must be said that the British sense of humour is a bit strange - especially to outsiders. It varies from the chaotic and surreal to the downright dark and weird - with a lot of sarcasm thrown into the mix. I can understand if the link I posted didn't seem clear, but it's how many of us react to things.
                            www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Working...
                            X