Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another attack in the UK - this time London...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another attack in the UK - this time London...

Some of you may have heard there was another terror attack in London last night. People killed, dozens injured. Horrible stuff and unfortunately the usual knee jerk reaction from the usual suspects. Quite how one 'nukes' a home grown terrorist, a British born citizen, is beyond me, but the world is going slightly mad on social media at the moment.

However in the midst of the horror, and carnage last night, there was a shining beacon of sheer British bloody-mindedness...

www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Re: Another attack in the UK - this time London...

That brought back a memory from the mid-90s. My bf at the time and I were at a party, drinking tequila & orange juice out of plastic cups on the front porch. Well, he went to go in the house and somehow went toppling backwards down the 3 or 4 porch steps. Sprained his ankle, but that plastic cup was held high and not a drop was spilled!
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

It's terrible. But we need to stick together now, even more than before.
      I look for the positives https://www.buzzfeed.com/laurasilver...lm#.ymaJPOlLlm stuff like this. Opening their homes to strangers and helping each other. One of the first stories I read last night was on BBC when they were still figuring out what had happened, a guy told how he and some others had started throwing bottles and stuff at the attackers, they may not have stopped them, but their actions may have saved someone. They could have just run but they tried to help.
      And I love that picture.
      Last edited by iris; 04 Jun 2017, 10:39.
      You remind me of the babe
      What babe?
      The babe with the power
      What power?
      The Power of voodoo
      Who do?
      You do!
      Do what?
      Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

It happened just after I arrived at work so I watched it as it unfolded all night. Absolutely horrific. As I said last night in another thread, ot looks like this isn't going to end. In fact, I think this will continue to happen for years to come. I'm so sad for the world right now.

Also, did you notice the Manchester concert is being streamed live on youtube? That's amazing. I'm watching as I get ready for work. I'm sad for my country and the other places affected by terrorism, but also proud. Don't Isis claim it was prophecied in the Quran that former enemies would 'unite against a common enemy'? I don't know, it was just something I heard in a documentary so haven't fact-checked. But if so, I think they read it wrong. I think THEY and not the west are the common enemy that the world will unite against! I truly hope so.
        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Oh my goodness. Has the world gone crazy?! Prayers and blessings for London!
          Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
            It happened just after I arrived at work so I watched it as it unfolded all night. Absolutely horrific. As I said last night in another thread, ot looks like this isn't going to end. In fact, I think this will continue to happen for years to come. I'm so sad for the world right now.

Also, did you notice the Manchester concert is being streamed live on youtube? That's amazing. I'm watching as I get ready for work. I'm sad for my country and the other places affected by terrorism, but also proud. Don't Isis claim it was prophecied in the Quran that former enemies would 'unite against a common enemy'? I don't know, it was just something I heard in a documentary so haven't fact-checked. But if so, I think they read it wrong. I think THEY and not the west are the common enemy that the world will unite against! I truly hope so.

I have read up a bit about the Muslim prophesy stuff..It is a LOT like the Christian ones,but with their own players(Jesus is also in theirs,but as a minor prophet) The Mahdi(lost 12th Imam)

A majority of Shiite Muslims traditionally believe that the “12th Imam” (Islamic religious leader), born in 868 A.D., was placed by God into hiding (known as occultation) until the day of judgment. Southern Baptist author and evangelist Anis Shorrosh explained that many Shiites also refer to the 12th Imam as the Mahdi, an Arabic word that generally references a messiah, or a guide.

This is what I read the ISIS groups are attempting,to kick off the return of the Mahdi,and the end of the world,with the final conflict.

Might ask D about the Prophesy stuff..He should be able to explain it better than I.

Almost forgot the site,so here.
            Last edited by anunitu; 04 Jun 2017, 16:35.
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Can't help but feel that the bloke with the pint had some experience running with a glass in his hand...

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently the US believes that Britain is 'reeling.' No. Not really... These are some of the things that leave us reeling.

New York Times has claimed Britain is ‘reeling’ after the attacks and Britain has taken to Twitter to say we’re made of stronger stuff. Tea and biscuits mostly. Here’s 28 of the very best responses. 1 People who stand to the left on the Tube escalator #ThingsThatLeaveBritainReeling — Olivia Solon (@oliviasolon) June 4, 2017 2 …

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
                Can't help but feel that the bloke with the pint had some experience running with a glass in his hand...

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently the US believes that Britain is 'reeling.' No. Not really... These are some of the things that leave us reeling.

http://www.thepoke.co.uk/2017/06/05/...response-ever/
                Another example of why British humour is the best ^^ although I think what #27 really meant was when you have to ask the person in front of you whether they're actually queuing, that really is a harrowing experience... really. I love how people are keeping their heads high and not giving in to the panic the US media expects them to.
                You remind me of the babe
                What babe?
                The babe with the power
                What power?
                The Power of voodoo
                Who do?
                You do!
                Do what?
                Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

I mean Britain has been instrumental in the current state of affairs in the Middle East. At least they're not doing to us what we are doing to them. Until the West is ready to drop Imperialism, terrorism against the West will remain common.

Comment

If we go back far enough we might understand that Britain created the USA by being oppressive to the new colonies. Or France being the imperialistic power to take over indo china. Germans and others controlling parts of Africa,and do not forget the Dutch. Even the Christian crusades and the Muslim incursions into Europe. Lots of blame to go around,even the US Taking Texas from Mexico,the US is not without blemish ether. So,everyone slow your roll,and let bygones be bygones.
                    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by ThePaganMafia View Post
                      I mean Britain has been instrumental in the current state of affairs in the Middle East. At least they're not doing to us what we are doing to them. Until the West is ready to drop Imperialism, terrorism against the West will remain common.
                      Actually I agree. Britain's colonial record has been bloody awful. And even within living memory we have interferred shamefully in other countries' affairs. But of course its record of dealing with its own people is pretty horrible too (Try Hillborough, Orgreave, the Highland Clearances, the Tonypandy Riots) and the almost universal lack of critical thinking has allowed much of it to happen.

Imperialism has been a great evil, presented as a great benefit to the countries it oppresses. At least IMHO.

Comment

Working...
                      X