X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shadow Goverment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    Isn't that double standard?
    It's reality. Not all intuition is created equal. I have no compelling reason to trust yours (of for that matter most other people's) until I see actual evidence.
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
      It's reality. Not all intuition is created equal. I have no compelling reason to trust yours (of for that matter most other people's) until I see actual evidence.
      That's definately an unfair system.

Comment

Welcome to the unfair world. The world has always been "Unfair",unless you learn to navigate the ups and downs of existence we all face as mortal animals.
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Let me ask you a question. Do you want to read someone's opinion, when talking about a topic such as this, or would you want to read information based on facts and actual events? Which of the two, do you think, will be more informed and reliable? Intuition is not fact and never will be. Facts are facts. Just think about this for a little bit. Besides, trying to pass intuition as fact is just plain lazy. Do your research.
          In answer to the question of why it happened, I offer the modest proposal that our Universe is simply one of those things which happen from time to time. ~~ Edward P. Tryon

Comment

Fortunately, I really don't care. Neither does the rest of creation. If you want to persuade people, use evidence and reason based on it.
            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Oshii View Post
              Let me ask you a question. Do you want to read someone's opinion, when talking about a topic such as this, or would you want to read information based on facts and actual events? Which of the two, do you think, will be more informed and reliable? Intuition is not fact and never will be. Facts are facts. Just think about this for a little bit. Besides, trying to pass intuition as fact is just plain lazy. Do your research.
              I'm both rational and intuitive. I suppose facts and logic are the key.

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
                You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friend's nose.
                +10,000 rep?

Comment

Not really. Otherwise someone could claim the moon is made of cheese and insist that everyone else agrees...
                  So yes, find facts to back an argument, and facts from a reliable source too, not just 'the moon is made of cheese' brigade. Not everything you read on the internet or in books is going to be true. But if you are going to argue something it helps to have decent, reliable facts to back it up.

That said, there is nothing wrong with adding 'But my gut feeling/intuition tells me...'
                  People only get mad if you try and pass off intuition - yours or anyone else's - as fact.
                  www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

I'm both rational and intuitive. I suppose facts and logic are the key.
                    Bartmanhomer, I wouldn't fret about this. The sad reality of human thinking (which I, as a lover of logic, and amateur philosopher, have been forced to discover) is this: The difference between a fact-based opinion and a non-fact based opinion only matters to a person (or people) when they have an opinion different from yours, and they wish to prove you wrong by asking for "facts." If the person happens to have the same opinion, facts are irrelevent. And the one who disagrees with you often has no facts to disprove you...

The vast majority of your fellow humans use their brain in an attempt to create a percieved reality they prefer. There are very, very few people who actually cultivate the mental discipline to attempt to percieve reality as it really is, and of those few, none of them are successful all the time. If anybody ever were completely successful, he/she would have no freinds, and be despised by pretty much everybody (ask Plato about this ).

So look for facts, apply logic... or not. It doesn't really matter, unless you want to argue with people, or actually understand things as they really are.

That second option is currently out of fashion.
                    Last edited by B. de Corbin; 27 Jul 2017, 06:10.
                    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Lets face it, some things shouldn't be based entirely in fact (and arguable cannot be). For example, what is more important, bees or people? Whales or bees? Trees or whales?

OR...Money or lives? Love or money? Lives or love?

OR...Your life, of the life of a stranger? Two strangers? 100 strangers? 100 children? 100 prisoners?
                      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                      sigpic

Comment

Ok I think we're all getting a bit off topic about intuition and solid evidence. Ok let put up where we left off: I believe that the shadow government exist.

Comment

Ok I think we're all getting a bit off topic about intuition and solid evidence. Ok let put up where we left off: I believe that the shadow government exist.
                          Why? And what is a shadow government exactly?
                          Last edited by Tylluan Penry; 27 Jul 2017, 13:34.
                          www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
                            Why? And what is a shadow government exactly?
                            A conspiracy of a secret government.

Comment

You might search out the source of your "Shadow Government" idea

See here.

Quote from the site.

Rep. Mike Kelly (R-Pa.) has a habit of saying some pretty silly things. After the Obama administration decided to treat contraception access as preventive health care, the Pennsylvania Republican said the move was comparable to 9/11 and the attack on Pearl Harbor.

Last weekend, Kelly spoke at a local GOP Lincoln Day Dinner in his home state, where the congressman found a new way to complain about the former Democratic president.

“President Obama himself said he was going to stay in Washington until his daughter graduated. I think we ought to pitch in to let him go someplace else, because he is only there for one purpose and one purpose only, and that is to run a shadow government that is going to totally upset the new agenda. It just doesn’t make sense.

“And people sit back and they say to me, ‘My gosh, why can’t you guys get this done?’ I say, ‘We’ve got a new CEO, we’ve got some new heads in the different departments, but the same people are there, and they don’t believe that the new owners or the new managers should be running the ship.’”

So apparently offering conspiracy theories about former presidents running “shadow governments” is okay if it’s done behind closed doors and in the company of like-minded people.
                              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Naturally, such a government exists, it is not discussed even here, the main thing is who enters it.

Comment

Working...
                                X