Shadow Goverment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shadow Goverment

It is sad that the peace mongers get so little respect these days.

And reminds me of this song.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

What the hell is so respectable about "peace mongers"? What is respectable about a belief that nothing should be opposed or fought for? What is so respectable about this centrist ideal that seeks to keep the status quo? The status quo is a justice system that serves as a modern day Jim Crow. The status quo is killing the environment. The status quo is war and military expansion. But, somehow if we all had some vague notion of "coming together in peace, love, and understanding" these problems would go away. I have no respect for the man who calls for "peace" when it comes to opposing injustice. Peace is just another word for consent.

Comment

I think perhaps one does not fully understand the concept of peace. If we can only see a path that must be fought tooth and nail,then it explains why the US government fought so hard to control the native Americans,to isolate and demean them,in order to benefit the "superior" class. Why we have fought so many wars of aggression,or in the age of expansion and empire,countries came and forced backward countries to become our subjects.(As they said,for their own good) Understand those that seek peace have fought and died for that peace,but never attempted to become oppressors in the process. In Russia,those that promised a perfect society,deceived their people,and having taken power,would never give it up. It is not so much the ideal that failed,but the people who did not really care for the ideal ,but more for the drug of power,that has no escape for many.

Peace is a moral high ground,above the human weakness of spirit.

- - - Updated - - -

This may explain why aggression is not the best path.

Nebraska Democratic Official Caught On Tape Wishing Steve Scalise Dead
        The party removed volunteer Phil Montag from his co-chair position after his expletive-filled comments surfaced.

Story here.

Full of spit and vinegar,but it really shamed the Democrats,and allowed the opposite party to use it against Democrats.
        Last edited by anunitu; 24 Jun 2017, 14:18.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

People for whom violence is their go-to solution will always find recipients worthy of their gift. The only people justified in the use of violence are those who strongly resist using it.
          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Generally,anything achieved by force will end up also broken by another attempt to force compliance to an ideal even when many do not wish it.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

You have no moral high ground. You're concept of "peace", whatever that is, does not exist in reality. It has no historical basis and offers no way forward for oppressed groups.

And ya'll always have something to say about oppressed groups getting violent in the face of State violence. Steve Scalise is a racist, whose voting record can itself be considered an act of violence but it's his shooting that is such a tragedy. Cop shoots an unarmed man in the back but apparently it's the riot that follows that's the real tragedy. Ya'll just interested in the status quo. Your moral high ground is shit.

Comment

It seems you are in something of a mood,and I will not further it by being trolled into becoming swept up in this anger.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

The problem that peaceful people encounter is non-peaceful people.
                  sigpic
                  Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePaganMafia View Post
                    Peace is just another word for consent.
                    I can see where you're coming from, but I think the quote you really want is 'All that is required for evil to triumph is that good men do nothing.'

There is nothing wrong with peace as a goal. Much better than chaos or war in most - but maybe not all - instances. I used to have an aunt who resolutely refused to stand up to my mother and would sit amidst all the chaos and raving just spouting about 'Blessed are the peacemakers...' rather than actually working towards peace. it was just an excuse to do nothing.

In the uK at the moment, peace mongers are seen as being rather to the left of centre.

And that aunt I mentioned earlier? Didn't end well for her. Which was sad, but entirely foreseeable.
                    www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Meeting violence with violence only makes the offender feel justified in their violence to begin with.
                      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                        Meeting violence with violence only makes the offender feel justified in their violence to begin with.
                        Or, it may be an agent provocateur
                        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                          So does meeting it with what amounts to surrender, only then, the victim is dead or conquered/assimilated.
                          sigpic
                          Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                            So does meeting it with what amounts to surrender, only then, the victim is dead or conquered/assimilated.
                            Believe it or not, the dichotomy of violent response/surrender is false. There are other options.

Especially in a democracy - despite all the other flaws of a democracy...
                            Last edited by B. de Corbin; 01 Jul 2017, 17:56.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                              Not using violence isn't surrender.

But its not about them anyhow, even in a pragmatic sense. Its about everyone else...

(the "it" in this case being change)
                              Last edited by thalassa; 01 Jul 2017, 18:00.
                              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                              sigpic

Comment

There is a tendency of the white liberal to call for a pacifist solution. But, so often the liberal sees the violence of the oppressed and say, "This is not the answer. We must have peace for change." But, this statement always comes from a position of privilege. And from this position always a lack of analysis why this violence happens along with the false statement that violence doesn't hold power. You look at the riot of the oppressed and whine that this is not the way. But, by doing this the white liberal immediately finds himself on the side of the oppressor. And by holding this position the white liberal betrays his true desire, the desire of status quo over the liberation of the oppressed. When it comes to fighting back you will always find the centrist liberal arm and arm with the fascist crying the bullshit cry of "unity". Even when a vast majority of these movements remain peaceful the liberal will always fall on the side of the reactionary the moment the news media reports a violent act by an oppressed person. This being the case how could you view the liberal as any other way than a fascist with a mask?
                                Last edited by ThePaganMafia; 01 Jul 2017, 23:25.

Comment

Working...
                                X