I'm Thinking Of Changing My Faith Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm Thinking Of Changing My Faith Again

Hey everyone. On Sunday during church, one of the church sisters act very violently. She almost tip over the table with food. The reason why I telling you this. I feel like I should change my faith again plus I'm fear for my safety. I've been doing a lot of soul searching and I feel like I should leave Christianity again. I thought a few options of becoming a Theistic Satanist, Agnostic or even Atheist. I'm not going back to Taoism because it wasn't the right faith for me. I don't know what to do anymore.

Re: I'm Thinking Of Changing My Faith Again

My advice would be that, if you are serious, stop trying to pick a label and force yourself into a box.

Look at your feelings about spirituality, the existence of deities, etc. - don't just scroll through a list of religions/practices and think "yeah, I'll be that" because that's not how it works.

The practices/philosophies you've listed here - "Theistic Satanism", "Agnostic" and "Atheist" pretty much have nothing in common. What was your reasoning for considering these options for yourself?

Comment

I agree Tory,there is more to belief than "Its cool right now" selection. But I suppose it depends on if you are looking for an actual spiritual path,or just going with current fashion.

Just my thoughts,not an actual "you should follow this" comment.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I know how you feel bartman.

I think we all go through phases of "chasing ghosts" in our spiritual lives, trying to recreate a time where it seemed like everything just felt right, and made sense. I wouldn't just commit to something new on impulse, I feel like that's when Pagans stop being spiritual folk, and start being role players.

Maybe spend a little time everyday reading about a path that interests you, maybe even pick a different path every week or two weeks, see what you like.

Comment

Don't force yourself to find a new religion. It may take a while. I went through several paths before I knew that Egyptian Wicca was right for me. So don't force yourself onto one path. Do research and see if a path fits in with you.
          Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by Torey View Post
            My advice would be that, if you are serious, stop trying to pick a label and force yourself into a box.

Look at your feelings about spirituality, the existence of deities, etc. - don't just scroll through a list of religions/practices and think "yeah, I'll be that" because that's not how it works.

The practices/philosophies you've listed here - "Theistic Satanism", "Agnostic" and "Atheist" pretty much have nothing in common. What was your reasoning for considering these options for yourself?
            Of course they don't have anything in common. They're different theologies.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
              Of course they don't have anything in common. They're different theologies.
              Well yes, but you *are* the one that said they were what you were considering. The religion you choose should be based on what you believe, which means they should have something in common...
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                Well yes, but you *are* the one that said they were what you were considering. The religion you choose should be based on what you believe, which means they should have something in common...
                That because I was considering thinking of which faith or non-faith is right for me.
                Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 05 Jul 2017, 12:45.

Comment

That because I was considering thinking of which faith or non-faith is right for me.
                  Make a list of the things you believe FIRST...then look for the religions that are similar to those beliefs.
                  Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                    Make a list of the things you believe FIRST...then look for the religions that are similar to those beliefs.
                    Can it be the other way around as well?

Comment

Can it be the other way around as well?
                      Just my opinion BMH but that doesn't make sense. That, to me anyway, is inferring that your looking to see what others think and believe and seeing if it looks good to you. If it looks good then you'll believe it. if not then you won't believe it but not really looking to see if it's something you believe it to begin with before hand. So it's sort of doomed to failure from the get go. Yes, it might "taste" good initially due to it's newness but in the end the newness will wear off and your still left looking. Why, because it never was what you actually believed in yourself to build upon.
                      I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
                        Just my opinion BMH but that doesn't make sense. That, to me anyway, is inferring that your looking to see what others think and believe and seeing if it looks good to you. If it looks good then you'll believe it. if not then you won't believe it but not really looking to see if it's something you believe it to begin with before hand. So it's sort of doomed to failure from the get go. Yes, it might "taste" good initially due to it's newness but in the end the newness will wear off and your still left looking. Why, because it never was what you actually believed in yourself to build upon.
                        I have been going to many faiths almost in my entire life but I just thought that faith was right for me but then again it wasn't so I just want to see which faith is right for me.
                        Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 05 Jul 2017, 13:48.

Comment

When my mother was young, she and her friends used to 'try out' all the local churches not because they were religious (far from it) but because, as the old saying had it:
                          I go to Church on Sundays
                          All good and pure and fair
                          I go to Church on Sundays
                          Cos I like the 'hims' wots there.

Best of luck whatever you choose. Maybe organised religion isn't right for you and you need to explore a more spiritual path instead.
                          www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

I have been going to many faiths almost in my entire life but I just thought that faith was right for me but then again it wasn't so I just want to see which faith is right for me.
                            BMH over the many years i've known you on the net one thing I can say is more often than not it seem's you go to a church or group because of the people inside it more often than the theology, spirituality or faith itself. Then often judge the faith of the group by the physical response and actions of the people inside the building or group. Yet when you speak of the church or group you often lament the lack of touching the mystical or spiritual side of the connection. The whole time never going because it touches you but because you appear to think it touched them and gave them something. What we used to describe as going through the steps but never really part of the process or connected to it.

You can't find the faith or spirituality that is right for you in my opinion because your not matching you to it. You can't plug yourself into a hole for you don't know what your own shape is. Perhaps even considered the fact there may not even be a hole for you within the conformity of society from an established religious perspective.
                            I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

I would also meditate on it. Sometimes when we meditate on things the answer comes to us. In my instance, I knew Wicca was my path, but the specific type of path as Egyptian Wicca never really came to me until I asked Lord Anubis to help me overcome my fear of darkness. It was like 'bam' it fit in. You'll find it. I have faith and will be praying for you hon! *hugs*
                              Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Working...
                              X