Thread: Photo Sharing

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Shamanist Witch with heady Celtic notes and a faint wiccan bouquet

Photo Sharing

So Photobucket has decided we can no longer share photos for free on other sites. I've used them for years and so now pretty much all the images in my blogs here, and posts on other forums have been deleted.

Can anyone suggest a better free site that I can use instead? I actually don't mind paying for online services and I do so frequently, but I take huge offense to suddenly being forced to pay for things that were always free, just because a site is losing popularity. It's not as though they don't make enough money from ads. I can't use it on my phone because the amount of pop-ups make my phone crash. Without ad-blocker the free version is pretty much unusable.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, it seems that most of my pictures are still there on here (didn't appear so on mobile view but maybe it was just me). I guess I've just ran out of free allowance, which isn't so bad. Still, I'm going to have to find a good site to start using instead. Or maybe swallow my pride and just pay for a service I've used for years!
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

Re: Photo Sharing

That happens Jem. I would not be surprised if Twitter begins a subscription fee,as it is not making money right now,as far as I know,that or major ad stuff. The problem with the ads is they go way overboard with them.
    I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.
    Mark Twain

Somewhat like Hunter S. Thompson who was called a gonzo Journalist,I consider myself to be something of a gonzo Pagan.

The wizard be in: But be warned if you poke him to much,the standard wand of anal probing +10 may be utilized.

It is interesting that humans seem to believe that they are the crown of creation,until nature drops a house on them....Just saying....

I have decided that I no longer want to be an adult... If anyone needs me, I'll be in my blanket fort, coloring.

Trust lost,is trust never regained.

http://www.paganforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=186&dateline=1330020104

Oct 2010
    Religion

It wasn't just me. My photos are all gone on mobile view but not on pc. Very weird.

I tried a site that had good reviews and you don't even have to sign up to, but the codes it gives you aren't compatible with PF format.

Like I say, I don't mind paying for services online. Someone took their time to make the content or maintain the site. It's only right the people should be paid for work that you appreciate. There's a strange phenomenon where people expect everything online to be free, yet they'd never have the same expectation of items in a store. In this case though, the way they have done it is very backhanded. They know it would take hours for bloggers to move all their pictures to new sites so some will subscribe just the ease. It's the kind of trick drug dealers pull. Shameful.

I'd actually pay to use a less popular site just to make a point!
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Oct 2005
    Religion
    relational theophysis and bioregional witchery
    Phrase
    *a little bad taste is like a nice dash of paprika*

What about shutterfly?
    “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
    ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
    ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible

Aug 2015
    Religion
    Ecletic pagan.
    Phrase
    This too shall pass.

I like Deviant Art for that.
    “I am Cat and I walk alone and all ways are the same to me.” ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Oct 2010
    Religion

I finally got some time to sit down and take a look at this.

Quote Originally Posted by thalassa View Post
    What about shutterfly?
    I had the same issue when I tried shutterfly. The code they give you looks like; https://pix.sfly.com/N-PdM5 and that doesn't work even when I try to put in the [URL] and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by faye_cat View Post
    I like Deviant Art for that.
    I try this next. Photobucket just gave me a code I could drop into PF and 'poof' my image appeared. Hope Deviant Art allow that.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm.. doesn't look like Deviant Art gives you a code that works here either.