Yule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yule

So, I typically hold any overnight event in our area, like a lock-in, for Yule. And I'd really like to continue to do so, but am unsure of where top hold it. We love in eastern Iowa. I used to do it at our UU, but the politics there got a bit unbearable (apparently the local UU is the regional trouble child). So I can't do it there. We need space for ritual. So our house. I need room for 10-15 people. Any advise?

I've looked at renting a lodge on park land, but it's still expensive. I'd like to have a fireplace available, but it's unnecessry.
    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Re: Yule

The pagan group here rents out an entire state park campground in FL--we pay $60 for the 4 of us to go and camp overnight...

Here in GA, group campsites which can accommodate up to 50 cost only around $35-65--granted the weather here is still generally shorts in the day time (maybe a sweatshirt at night), so that might not be so do-able in IA, but depending on what prices are, tent camping, a fire, and some pop-ups with battery or solar LEDs can go a long way for a group of people. BYO sleeping bag...and buy a box of hand warmers.
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

Good to see you Thal.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

It's that time of year again! What's everyone's Yule plans this holiday?

I'm getting a small group of humans (and dogs) together for a bonfire in my backyard. I'm not super mobile yet from the surgery, but I can mull some cider and stand around a fire. I'll use one of our logs for the house (we're wood-heated) and decorate it as a yule log to burn in the fire.

Mostly though, we'll probably stand around and drink cider, eat smokies and marshmallows, and burn a yule log. I'm a strong believer in not pushing my beliefs on friends, so they know this is a solstice bonfire, but I'm not going to do much in the way of ritual. Just warm fires, and good friends. It's enough for me.

Mostly art.

Comment

I will be attending a friends Yule service this year. Its been a while since I joined a group for Yule.
          Little nervous, little excited.
          "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Unfortunately, I don't have much in store for celebrating Yule. I've been concentrating on gifts for everyone and such. However, I still celebrate in my heart.
            Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

We're opening gifts in the morning. I wanted to go to the overnight they're doing in the next town over, but it didn't work out. So, now I am quietly holding vigil while my sickish kid watches tv on the couch. Shrug. Maybe next year.
              We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
              It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
              Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
              -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
                We're opening gifts in the morning. I wanted to go to the overnight they're doing in the next town over, but it didn't work out. So, now I am quietly holding vigil while my sickish kid watches tv on the couch. Shrug. Maybe next year.
                That's unfortunate. I hope you'll have a happy Yule nonetheless

I love bonfires! We'll maybe have one in our backyard on new year's eve with friends. My family celebrates Christmas and Yule together at my aunt's every year. We give each other presents and my aunt cooks something delicious every year. It's mostly just a Christmas party, but the pagans among us wish each other a happy Yule as well. I don't really care how it's called, I just like spending time together with friends and family like this.

Comment

Working...
                X