Veterans Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Veterans Day

To our various vets, thank you for your service.

To everyone, may today go smoothly.
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Re: Veterans Day

YES,go go VETS!
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

We call it Remembrance Day here in Canada.

Mostly art.

Comment

Happy Veterans Day (or Remembrance Day)! Hope everyone has a great one!
        Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

So I went to the Remembrance Day ceremony here in town with my partner, a friend, and her roommate. We arrived a little late (during the moment of silence), so we stood at the very back of the assembly. About 15 minutes into the ceremony, during the wreathing, there is a commotion up at the front of the hall. I can't see what's going on from where I am, but I see someone suddenly hunch over, and you hear a woman sob. They stopped the ceremony and called paramedics in - I'm still not 100% sure what happened, but whoever it was, I think he had a heart attack!

Paramedics were called in, and then MORE paramedics showed up with a stretcher and a defib device, and when they rushed the poor fellow past us at the back of the doors, he didn't look conscious. Was dressed in military attire - we think maybe he was a veteran.

The ceremony continued without a hitch after that, but I wonder what happened to the old man. The eeriest part about it though, was that for the 10-15 minutes paramedics were on the scene, nobody made a single noise. The entire hall (of several hundred people) fell entirely silent. Nobody spoke, or gossiped, and the RCMP and military who were there for the ceremony, they either stayed seated, or those who volunteered to secure doors and guard the patient, they only whispered in each other's ears when they needed to relay a command.

It was kinda incredible.

Mostly art.

Comment

Many VETS are older,and the ranks ar thinning day to day. Be strong brothers and sisters!
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Yesterday just left me pissed off with a lot of people. I managed to catch most of a local ceremony that was spirited if low in attendance before going to work and discovering that everyone was shopping. I get that current US culture has transformed all holidays into excuses to spend more money but people can find something else to do between 11 AM and 12 PM on Nov 11. One hour, just one, that's all I'm asking. After that, everyone can go back to demonstrating that America's one true religion is spending money.
              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Working...
              X