What are you think 2017 to 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

One of the most entertaining knight forks in the history of knight forks. Also that saccing a rook to get it might not have been wise.
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Happy Christmas Eve, everyone! (and a belated yule!)

We do our Christmas dinner on the 24th, because it is also my partner's birthday, so we like to make a big deal out of the dinner.

Tonight on the menu is:
      - steak (for him)
      - nut roast
      - wild mushroom gravy
      - vanilla sage butter winter squash
      - mashed potatoes

and for dessert:
      - chocolate cake with bacon whisky cream cheese buttercream frosting ...because if you're not gonna go big, you might as well go home.

Oh, and day drinking. We've been day drinking.

I love the holidays.

Mostly art.

Comment

Merry Christmas everyone!
        Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Whew! I think I finally got enough sleep. i missed lots this week, and yesterday and today I've slept an alarming amount. I feel better instead of groggy, though.

Also listening to my poor dog. He has nasal problems. He sounds like a hellhound from a horror movie.

Comment

I'm in a lot of knee and lower leg pain. The left leg still is healing from the sprain and I just am getting used to being on my feet at work for a long time. My back is also troubling me. So on my 8 hour shifts I get especially stiff. On Monday in the last two hours it was pretty much my boss and me. Me at the front and him at the back making sandwiches and stuff till the overnight shift came. You can imagine how bad I hurt. I'm not complaining though it may seem I am. I will get used to being on my feet again and because of being on my feet I have lost weight already. Yay!
            Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

My car says it's -36C out today.

What the ever loving eff. I still have to walk my doggo today.

Mostly art.

Comment

2018. Seems like just yesterday I was in 7th grade, figuring out how old I'd be in the year 2000, which sounded so futuristic. We were all going to be beaming around like on Star Trek, or at the very least, have flying cars like on The Jetsons. Well, in any case, here we are. Happy New Year! I've got the house un-decorated for the most part and am cooking turkey today.
                sigpic
                Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Today I got my ID card and text books. I will start going back to college next week on Monday. I'm so looking forward to it. It won't interfere too much with my job. I'll be taking only two classes this quarter. I'm really excited.
                  Anubisa

Comment

Temps rose to -11c! Going camping this weekend while the weather stays warm - supposed to drop back to -30c by Monday.

Gotta enjoy it while I can. Guys, it's warm enough to snow!

Mostly art.

Comment

Ross Miner is totally my ice skating crush this year. Hope he makes the Olympic team - we'll know in the a.m.
                      sigpic
                      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

whether it's worth the aggravation to get rid of my oldest active e-mail account
                        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

The sound of snoring really drives me up the wall. Even the "cute" cat snores are enough to make me cringe and poke the cat to make it stop. Hubby's passed out on the couch right now and snoring up a storm. About to throw something at him to wake him up.
                          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                          ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                          Sneak Attack
                          Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

This has been an insane holiday season... I've been shifting to a weekend option at work since August, which means that my Fridays-Sundays have been completely overtaken by that (12 hour days), plus all of other time spent in deep cleaning/prepping/cooking/celebrating that comes with the holidays. I just found out that I'll be getting a weekend contract which means working only Saturday and Sunday, but getting paid of 36 hours. I will drop down to part time benefits, but it's worth it for another day off. Now I just have my daughter's birthday to do this weekend and maybe life will return to a semblance of normal...
                            We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                            It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                            Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                            -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Saved all my packing to the last minute, like usual. Woke up early this morning to pack, and finish getting ready to fly to work. Find out my car battery is dead, thanks to the -37C weather this morning. Call a taxi - the whole town is apparently taking taxis. 25 minutes later, still no cab, so I call my partner and ask him to drive home from work and grab me, because I'm going to miss my flight.

I get out of the truck, and promptly break the wheel off my suitcase thanks to the cold. I squeak in just mere minutes before check-in cutoff to find out that my flight is cancelled. They can't repro me to the other airline because I'm staff. My boss doesn't answer his phone.

So now I'm not flying to work until Sunday, which is great, I suppose - but I don't know if I'm being paid for the next two days unless I talk to my boss. So I'm likely out two days pay, I'm going to miss my shift bartending tomorrow night (I work two jobs in Iqaluit), and I had to call my spouse away from work for a SECOND time this morning to come pick me up.

My car is still dead, but hey...I've got an extra day off? Silver linings, right?

Mostly art.

Comment

My grandfather died today... I found out from my dad's status update on Facebook. I don't even really know what to think.
                                You remind me of the babe
                                What babe?
                                The babe with the power
                                What power?
                                The Power of voodoo
                                Who do?
                                You do!
                                Do what?
                                Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Working...