What are you think 2017 to 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

So I got my immune response bloodwork results back yesterday. When I eat something and complain that 'everything makes me sick', I wasn't far off the mark.

I had an immune response to 16 different foods. Now I'm on an elimination diet and I feel like I can't eat anything.

Until this diet is over, I can't have: brewer's yeast (aka no alcohol, some fermented foods), bakers yeast, rice, potatoes, wheat, barley, gliadin (gluten), casein/whey, mushrooms, peas (and chickpeas), cow milk, sheep milk, goat milk, and basil.

So dairy free and gluten free, but I also can't eat any of the gluten free or dairy free alternatives in the stores because they usually contain rice, potatoes, or pea protein.

I'm going to die. I only have to eliminate for three weeks, but then reintroduce each food every five days on its own and then get rid of it again...and I'm going to Europe in June. I have no idea how I'm going to handle doing an elimination diet while eating out traveling.

I'm grumpy as heck.

Mostly art.

Comment

I feel for you,and I am kind of going through something similar because of the diabetes. Kind of a hit and miss to figure what spikes my blood sugar.
      Thing is I was a what ever eater before. so lots I like I can not eat now,and have to check labels close. I read the consequence of not keeping my sugar in control,including heart issues and limb amputation. A few people who live here(senior housing),have had that happen Hoping you find not to many restrictions eating.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
        I feel for you,and I am kind of going through something similar because of the diabetes. Kind of a hit and miss to figure what spikes my blood sugar.
        Thing is I was a what ever eater before. so lots I like I can not eat now,and have to check labels close. I read the consequence of not keeping my sugar in control,including heart issues and limb amputation. A few people who live here(senior housing),have had that happen Hoping you find not to many restrictions eating.
        I'm used to it somewhat because I've always been lactose intolerant, but now I react to the milk proteins too, not just the lactose.

Very slowly over the last several years though, food has been making me sicker and sicker, and since I'm currently insured, I finally decided to see someone about it.

I'm really surprised about potatoes and rice, though it would explain why even when I try to eat really neutral on the stomach, I still feel ill. I'm supposed to eliminate all that stuff, and then keep a journal on how eating each food on its own makes me feel, one at a time.

I might not have to give up all those foods permanently, but maybe more like eating peas only once in a while or something, depending on severity of symptoms.

But it still sucks. Sorry you're going through something similar. Getting your diabetes in check is super important, too. Hope you figure it out.

Mostly art.

Comment

I'm exhausted all the time and I don't know why. I'm also deeply anxious at the moment even though literally nothing is happening.
          Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Originally posted by habbalah View Post
            I'm exhausted all the time and I don't know why. I'm also deeply anxious at the moment even though literally nothing is happening.
            Do you have your vitamin levels in check? I was struggling with the same thing, and it turned out my vitamin B12, D, and iron were all really low. I'm on a supplement now and feeling a lot better.

Mostly art.

Comment

I've kind of gone through that in the past month and a half where all I wanted to do was sleep. I missed a few classes because I just didn't have the will to get out of bed. And it took everything I had to get up to go to work. I think part of it was attributed to the Vagal Nerve Stimulator. The vagus nerve is attributed to sleep as well. Since my new battery has been put in though, I am noticing that I don't want to sleep all day. I think that was partially what it was. I would get labs drawn though. See your doctor about it. I hope you feel better hon!
              Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

That if I never, ever give the Trump administration credit for anything else, Trump put this guy

in a position where he would be overseeing the Russia investigation. Mistakes and disagreements (he's a career prosecutor and I'm an info-sec major, we have pointed disagreements on encryption) aside, I am rather fond of Rosenstein.
                life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Yay Rod!

It almost makes up for the BS letter he wrote about Comey.
                  Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                    Yay Rod!

It almost makes up for the BS letter he wrote about Comey.
                    I actually took a look at that a while ago. My only real issue with it (that I remember off hand anyway) is that it ever so briefly gave Trump cover. Rosenstein is a career DOJ prosecutor. He's been in the DOJ for around 28 years now. Comey broke a number of norms in 2016 and a DOJ attorney taking his conduct poorly isn't all that shocking. There's a reason after all that Rosenstein when asked basically says, "I wrote it. It's mine and I stand by it." The problem is that while Rosenstein has every reason to regard Comey's conduct in 2016 extremely poorly, Trump's grievances have absolutely nothing to do with Rosenstein's grievances.

At the end of the day, I find the special counsel investigation that Rosenstein initiated and has protected relentlessly from all challengers more useful than Comey regardless so I tend to find his work over the last year or so to be a net positive.
                    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I'm getting a lump checked in a few hours, so that's taking up a lot of my thoughts right now.
                      Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

I'm getting a lump checked in a few hours, so that's taking up a lot of my thoughts right now.
                        Try not to worry about it. I've lost sleep over mysterious lumps before. Most of the time lumps are benign. Wear and tear from being alive.

(Unless it's a botfly. You haven't been to South America recently, have you?)
                        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I'll be praying for you hon. I'm sure it's nothing big.
                          Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

I seriously pulled a muscle in my back today pulling a box out of my car. I almost didn't make it back around to the drivers seat. Ice, hot bath, rest, Ibuprophen (sp?) and a muscle relaxer tonight and hopefully I'll be ready for a 12hr day tomorrow. Ugh.
                            We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                            It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                            Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                            -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

I have been there,and I know your pain. it will get better faster if you can move when under the pain meds. Do not lay down or sit a long time,that will make it take longer to get better(From personal experience)
                              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Moving around all day for work the last two days did help. I'm still very sore, but not immobile like I was Friday/Saturday morning.
                                We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                                It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                                Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                                -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Working...
                                X