Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
    Says the guy who's never experienced a true blizzard. They're terrible.
    I've experienced a blizzard before. You say it's terrible, I say it's beautiful. Agree to disagree, remember?

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
      It's been my experience that many times blaming a manager for lacking knowledge often falls to who actually trains them. You've never meet this manager yet are passing judgement upon her and her abilities. Have no idea of how she was trained or to the level she was trained. Yet have a great deal of presumption about her training.

I've seen and had to deal with people who were trained to managerial levels by others who intentionally gave minimum skills as district level managers. It ensured their positions appeared to shine and they looked better. It's part of that rice bowl mentality. Something rather common in some areas, somewhat often encountered when your actually in a managerial position. Some call it job security.

You say she asked you "How do you do it?" Now your here giving us this. Saying you could do it be with the statement "Are you kidding me!" Sorry that is not managerial material. A manager would recognize the need to fix the situation, correct it and move on. Not get on some site and belittle the employee.

Maybe your not as big on customer service as you seem to be implying. Yep we know you've had a number of job's we've watched that history unfold here. Tried to support you in your seeking I think.

Sorry about being harsh and if the mods want to warn or infract me that's fine. I just get irritated with stuff like this, it leads to statements like BMH's below about this person being incompetent. Don't know her and the people making the statements don't have the best track records themselves.
      It's okay Monsno. I may be a little judgmental. It's only I was looking through the customer's eyes and was upset overall. I just wanted the customers to get the best service possible. I have been getting a lot of calls about bad customer service in store. That just upsets me as a person who has been working with people. I feel that customer service should always be the best. I have had tough customers, no doubt about it. At Teleperformance, Sheetz, and other jobs. However, you have to give people respect. It's been my opinion though.
      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
        It's okay Monsno. I may be a little judgmental. It's only I was looking through the customer's eyes and was upset overall. I just wanted the customers to get the best service possible. I have been getting a lot of calls about bad customer service in store. That just upsets me as a person who has been working with people. I feel that customer service should always be the best. I have had tough customers, no doubt about it. At Teleperformance, Sheetz, and other jobs. However, you have to give people respect. It's been my opinion though.
        I don't blame you for feeling that way and you have every right to be upset. There will always be problems just like in every other job.

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
          Headed to Atlanta at o-dark-thirty tomorrow for work. I wont get to see the city as I will be in a conference hall from 8am - 5pm but I hope I get to enjoy some good southern cooking. Man that has got to be one of the biggest things I miss about the south, is southern cooking. I should get a little time after the show to do a little strolling but 9 times out of 10 I'm peopled out by the time were done and just want to go to bed.

This time though I busted my tail and got all my homework done for this week already so I wont have to worry about that while away. I want cheesy grits, I want collard greens, cornbread, cornmeal breaded catfish, sausage biscuits and gravy ... the list goes on and on and I know I wont get all of it but hopefully I'll get a few tasty morsels of some of it.
          If you came this way for a visit I could make you some biscuits and gravy, and probably the cornbread. My dad's from down south and I lived in OK until I was ten, so I can manage those just fine.
          We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
          It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
          Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
          -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

I just finished up a graduate program and after so many years in school, it feels very odd to be out.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
              If you came this way for a visit I could make you some biscuits and gravy, and probably the cornbread. My dad's from down south and I lived in OK until I was ten, so I can manage those just fine.

Lol I can make them too I just enjoy other people making them for me. So I'd love to have some!! I will need to take a rain check on that though for a bit.
              "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by ice View Post
                I just finished up a graduate program and after so many years in school, it feels very odd to be out.
                Congrats! Go ahead and put that to good use!
                Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by ice View Post
                  Lol, I totally understand that feeling!
                  Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                  sigpic

Comment

Headed to Atlanta at o-dark-thirty tomorrow for work. I wont get to see the city as I will be in a conference hall from 8am - 5pm but I hope I get to enjoy some good southern cooking.
                    How long will you be in Atlanta for?

I ask because we are Atlanta-ing next weekend...
                    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm about 3 hours from Atlanta... =P
                      ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

Bought a comforter set and a pair of new sheets yesterday. Am loving a nice new comforter. Been sleeping with a quilt since I got here at the new house. I'm glad to finally have something new to sleep under. Feels real nice.
                        Anubisa

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                          Lol, I totally understand that feeling!
                          Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                          How long will you be in Atlanta for?

I ask because we are Atlanta-ing next weekend...
                          Im here till Sunday. I'm actually in buckhead, at Portrait Society of American's annual event.

Originally posted by faye_cat View Post
                          I'm about 3 hours from Atlanta... =P
                          "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

Comment

Im here till Sunday. I'm actually in buckhead, at Portrait Society of American's annual event.
                            Oh that sounds like so much fun!
                            ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

Love my new comfy! Anyway, nephew is staying the night and when I called for lunch break they were have difficulty getting the nintendo switch to work. According to my nephew he wants me to work at home. It will be easier to fix things like the switch. LOL!
                              Anubisa

Comment

Originally posted by faye_cat View Post
                                Oh that sounds like so much fun!
                                The amount of talent in one area is quite staggering and so many of them are incredibly polite and down to earth. You have a few divas but thats kinda to be expected in any group.

Their paintings are completely mind blowing. I'm not going to lie I've teared up to a few piece of work.

I've been at the airport now for about 3 hours. One more to go and I will be on a plane home!

Comment

Working...
                                X