What are you think 2017 to 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

Got my fur babies new halters. They look so cute, gonna have to take a pic. My son made such a fuss when we were putting his on, but my daughter was the opposite. Rewarded them with bones. Got them from chewy.com, they have really fast service.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
      Got my fur babies new halters. They look so cute, gonna have to take a pic. My son made such a fuss when we were putting his on, but my daughter was the opposite. Rewarded them with bones. Got them from chewy.com, they have really fast service.
      It's interesting you refer to them as sons and daughters. I call them my fur babies, but I don't think of myself as their mother.

Neat.
      “The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.” – John Muir

Mostly art.

Comment

Hey everybody on Tuesday, I got the Morgan-Greer Tarot Deck In A Tin at Barnes and Noble that I order last Friday.

Comment

That fun experience where I have to remind myself that the person in front of me is not who they look like. The person they look exactly like is living 8 hours away and would not have picked up this particular job.
          "It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
          ―Thon

"When to the Force you truly give yourself, all you do expresses the truth of who you are,"

Yoda

Yoda told stories, and ate, and cried, and laughed: and the Padawans saw that life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
            That fun experience where I have to remind myself that the person in front of me is not who they look like. The person they look exactly like is living 8 hours away and would not have picked up this particular job.
            Oh, that gets better when you get older. Last summer I went "back home" and drove through the neighborhood where we lived when I was 11 - 20. I saw kids playing outside who looked just like kids I'd played with back then. It was really, really weird! I often see people who look like someone I know - and then realize they can't be them because of their age.
            sigpic
            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Drain field is froze-up again, so my basement is filled with poopy water.

Ah! The pleasures of country life in the frozen north!
              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Happy day country cousin.
                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I wonder what Spanish speaking people say for 'holla' (ie: slang for holler)
                  “The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.” – John Muir

Mostly art.

Comment

I want to write but I also want to do business stuff. Gonna have to be clever about how I balance it.
                    She is like a cat in the dark and then she is the darkness. ~~(=^._.^)

I got my war paint on and I'm off to go passive-aggressive all over these socially awkward man-witches.

Comment

Messed up something in my back a couple of days ago. Been pretty dang painful but got adjusted twice today so we'll see if it helps. If I still hurt tomorrow, I'm calling in sick because it hurts to stand and sit.
                      “Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.”
                      ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                      Sneak Attack
                      Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Nothing quite as bad as a back issue,been there more than I liked.

Hoping your back is better soon JUNI
                        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

• Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                          Nothing quite as bad as a back issue,been there more than I liked.

Hoping your back is better soon JUNI
                          Thanks Anu. Me too. It hasn't gotten any better (or worse, fortunately) since it started. Planning on taking a nice hot bath today. Heat does seem to alleviate some of the pain temporarily. But so does ibuprofen. I just want it go away! Haven't gotten an massage yet. Maybe acupuncture will work...
                          “Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.”
                          ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                          Sneak Attack
                          Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Saw a meme on Facebook... if a centaur gets pregnant, does the baby grow in the human abdomen or the horse abdomen? I can't seem to get it out of my mind even though it's completely silly.

I've started homeschooling my four year old. We're learning letters. She now recognizes her name (woot!) And I'm giving Singapore math a shot, but not really pushing it, she's still real young for formal stuff so we'll see as we go.

Working two days a week and getting paid for five is amazing. But time seems to be slipping away even faster now that I can actually enjoy the majority of my week. And I do miss weekend "stuff". (The gray lining on every white fluffy cloud?)

I'd really like to go out backpacking with my daughter this summer/spring/fall (her indurance on dayhikes has convinced me that we could have a semi-enjoyable short overnight backpacking experience without the world falling apart) but I'd like to find some like minded folks to go with us. Preferably other people with kids her age.
                            We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                            It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                            Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                            -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

How am I going to get a handle on all the things I have to do today?
                              She is like a cat in the dark and then she is the darkness. ~~(=^._.^)

I got my war paint on and I'm off to go passive-aggressive all over these socially awkward man-witches.

Comment

Make a somewhat complex two day sourdough english muffin recipe. Turns out great. Try to make a quick and dirty set of cupcakes? Cupcakes decide they want to be non-conforming and explode all over the inside of the oven. What the actual hell.

They're still delicious, but the muffin batter expanded all over the outside of the tins and dripped down the sides...except, I didn't overfill them, so I have no idea what happened or why.

Mostly art.

Comment

Working...
                                X