What are you think 2017 to 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

We've had an offer on our house, but the person offered 58k and we really need at least 80k to sell. Our appraisal said the house is worth 78, but the appraiser noted that we don't have a deck, which we do. It's tiny, but it's there. Other houses included in the appraisal similar to ours with the same number of rooms and close sqft sold for 85 and 90. One with 700sqft instead of 900 sold for 74, but they've got 200sqft less, which makes a huge difference in these little houses. That's a whole bedroom or more. And the house they have listed for 85 was bought by a friend of mine and he actually paid 90 for it...
    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

It sounds like a low-ball just to see if you are desperate enough.

Comment

IOS themed launchers exist and are apparently popular on Android...

Why?!?!?

The IOS ui is not impressive and hasn't been for years. I'll grant that not all Android launchers are impressive but if you know how to change the launcher then you will fall over at least three better options before you reach the IOS wannabe options.
        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

People are loyal to what they are used to.

Comment

I have to work an 8 day stint before I get my week long vacation in Vegas off. Yeah. So I'm sorta ok with that.
            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

again the big vagas blow out girl hope you have a lot of fun
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                again the big vagas blow out girl hope you have a lot of fun
                If I make it! I'm on day 4 and my knee and foot are giving out on me. So I'm sorta moving at a slow pace. Like I just keep telling people to just leave me a list of things they need me to do, I'm here every day. I'll eventually get to it.
                Of course on my first day off on Saturday (which is a day before I start the drive to Vegas, I need to clean my room and bathroom, do my laundry, find a strapless bra and hit a discount clothing store for any trashy blingy things I can buy). I've decided to do my grocery shopping (I get a fridge at Bally's) at Walmart when I'm down there. Yeah, a week there, I buy some snacks that are my normal eats because I don't want tummy aches from all the rich foods. I pretty much stock up on diet dr pepper and fruits.
                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I had to have a meeting with a coworker and our boss today. She's continually put in complaints about me, usually nit picky stuff, and I was about to be written up for it. The agreement my boss and my bosses boss came up with in Feb. says that anyone who has a complaint about me needs to talk to me about it first, before going to me boss. Which hasn't been happening. I've just been getting slapped with emails with lists of nitpicky stuff. My boss was about to write me up, and I said no. She's the one not following the agreed upon protocol for these situations. Your handing me an email from June at the end of August. So I had to have a sit down with her. She said she hasn't had any issues in months and thought this was resolved, but that she also isn't my boss and doesn't feel like it's her responsibility to communicate with me. Part of the problem is that they are often a lot of the same complaints, but when I explain my rational for doing something differently my boss seems to understand and be ok with it, but I don't feel like she's communicating that to my coworker. Currently, I have an interview for a different job, which may or may not pan out. 6

We've had one showing, one offer, and one contact regarding selling our house. We're going around looking at potential houses that we'd like to buy. We looked at 5 yesterday, and have 6 more today that we'd like to see. I have to go into Des Moines on Thursday in the hopes of embalmings. And on Friday I'm going into Davenport to teach about African Art and Spirituality. My 5 yo has started school. It's bittersweet because I wanted to homeschool her, but I also am in school and switching careers, which will hopefully be a good decision for my mental health in the long run. She cried when I dropped her off yesterday, which was really hard. Our infant is growing, 2 mo old, and happy. She's started smiling a lot, and (potentially TMI) having big poops instead of frequent little ones.
                  We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                  It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                  Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
                    I had to have a meeting with a coworker and our boss today. She's continually put in complaints about me, usually nit picky stuff, and I was about to be written up for it. The agreement my boss and my bosses boss came up with in Feb. says that anyone who has a complaint about me needs to talk to me about it first, before going to me boss. Which hasn't been happening. I've just been getting slapped with emails with lists of nitpicky stuff. My boss was about to write me up, and I said no. She's the one not following the agreed upon protocol for these situations. Your handing me an email from June at the end of August. So I had to have a sit down with her. She said she hasn't had any issues in months and thought this was resolved, but that she also isn't my boss and doesn't feel like it's her responsibility to communicate with me. Part of the problem is that they are often a lot of the same complaints, but when I explain my rational for doing something differently my boss seems to understand and be ok with it, but I don't feel like she's communicating that to my coworker. Currently, I have an interview for a different job, which may or may not pan out. 6

We've had one showing, one offer, and one contact regarding selling our house. We're going around looking at potential houses that we'd like to buy. We looked at 5 yesterday, and have 6 more today that we'd like to see. I have to go into Des Moines on Thursday in the hopes of embalmings. And on Friday I'm going into Davenport to teach about African Art and Spirituality. My 5 yo has started school. It's bittersweet because I wanted to homeschool her, but I also am in school and switching careers, which will hopefully be a good decision for my mental health in the long run. She cried when I dropped her off yesterday, which was really hard. Our infant is growing, 2 mo old, and happy. She's started smiling a lot, and (potentially TMI) having big poops instead of frequent little ones.
                    Hopefully things will look up for you. Last year my nephew went to kindergarten and now this year he is in 1st grade. I can't believe it. I hope you get your new job. I know everything may seem like it is going crazy, but it will get better. I'll be praying for you hon.
                    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

So. A couple of hours ago I found a watch on one of our bookshelves. This seems strange, because it is my bookshelf, and I have recently taken books off to share with my daughter, and put one on a spot right next to where the watch showed up. I have never seen this watch. So I tell myself that I am paranoid and ask everyone else in the house if they know where it came from. NO ONE DOES! No one recognizes it. Not at all. It is kind of distinctive. People from outside the family never go in this room, and to be honest, it has been a couple of weeks since anyone outside the family has been in the house. Our schedules are all over the place, and two of us are home most of the time. The house is almost never empty. Really, there is almost always someone home and awake. So, where did the watch come from?

I guess:
                      Someone in the house thinks this is a funny prank or
                      Someone has come into our house while we are there? It sounds like it often, but there is never anyone there or
                      The poltergeist we joke about is real?

I don't think my family is pranking me, but I can't imagine another realistic answer.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, we are remodeling the bathroom across the hall, and there is a fine plaster dust all over the rest of the shelf due to sanding and re-plastering. The watch has no dust.

Comment

I heard that Subways restaurant is accepting homeless people to eat for free. No other restaurant will do that.
                        Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 28 Aug 2019, 18:21.

Comment

Originally posted by Prickly Pear View Post
                          So. A couple of hours ago I found a watch on one of our bookshelves. This seems strange, because it is my bookshelf, and I have recently taken books off to share with my daughter, and put one on a spot right next to where the watch showed up. I have never seen this watch. So I tell myself that I am paranoid and ask everyone else in the house if they know where it came from. NO ONE DOES! No one recognizes it. Not at all. It is kind of distinctive. People from outside the family never go in this room, and to be honest, it has been a couple of weeks since anyone outside the family has been in the house. Our schedules are all over the place, and two of us are home most of the time. The house is almost never empty. Really, there is almost always someone home and awake. So, where did the watch come from?

I guess:
                          Someone in the house thinks this is a funny prank or
                          Someone has come into our house while we are there? It sounds like it often, but there is never anyone there or
                          The poltergeist we joke about is real?

I don't think my family is pranking me, but I can't imagine another realistic answer.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, we are remodeling the bathroom across the hall, and there is a fine plaster dust all over the rest of the shelf due to sanding and re-plastering. The watch has no dust.
                          We always blame the fairies when stuff like this happens. I found my phone in the garbage disposal under the pile of dishes that had been in the sink for more than 24 hrs once. It was very strange. I've asked them to return stuff they've stolen in the past and had it shows up in a place I had already looked at several times.

Comment

Yeah, we joke about a poltergeist because it has always felt like the house doesn't want us here. Weird noises, weird electrical stuff, when we try and fix it up, things go awry-paint won't stick, pictures fall off of the walls etc. In fact, that is why we are re-plastering the bathroom-the walls were a mess from peeling paint, even though we spent hours sanding it down, and there were holes where the towel rack just suddenly decided it didn't want to stick. Now that the walls are almost done, the lights have started to flicker like a horror movie. They are not fluorescent. We are joking about the poltergeist because we think it is just the construction of the house, but there is a little bit of it that is not joking. I'm pretty sure the cabinet doors open because the kids just forget to close them, but I joke about a poltergeist.

I used to blame the weird noises and sense of another presence on the dog, but since he died it is clear that it was not him. I also had wild thoughts that my brother in law was sneaking in the house, because he did tend to come into our yard and lurk. A lot. But he has moved across the state, and I don't see him spending money to drive here to lurk and gaslight. I figured it was my imagination and have been kind of hard on myself for thinking it, but I must say, the watch thing has me wondering if it is so paranoid to think someone is coming in our house.

In the past few hours I have tried to convince myself that the watch was a gift from a family member to my son, maybe from his great-grandfather and we put it away because he was too young. I am not actually sure of this though, and it doesn't explain why it suddenly appeared on the shelf.

Comment

In the 17 years I've lived in the PNW, this is the first time that I've experienced this kind of lightning here.

Would have been more fun to watch if it hadn't woken me up at 1am, when I already had to get up early for work that day.
                              �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                              ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                              Sneak Attack
                              Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

if you want lightning and thunder storms come to new jersey
                                we get at least 2-3 a week in the summer
                                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Working...
                                X