Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now?

Happy summer solstice guys!
    May the longest day of the year not give you any sunburns!

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Originally posted by Sean R. R. View Post
      Happy summer solstice guys!
      May the longest day of the year not give you any sunburns!
      I wish I could get sunburnt...

Happy Winter Solstice to my fellow southerners! Longest night of the year get at me. Quiz night tonight, channelling that long night energy to win yooooo.

But seriously, I'm still deciphering my Scorpio full moon card reading. Should I chuck a solstice reading up there too? ��
      ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
      Seen the desert and the birds
      You cut your hair short
      Like a shush to an insult
      The world had been yelling
      Since the day you were born
      Revolting with anger
      While it smiled like it was cute
      That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
        I wish I could get sunburnt...

Happy Winter Solstice to my fellow southerners! Longest night of the year get at me. Quiz night tonight, channelling that long night energy to win yooooo.

But seriously, I'm still deciphering my Scorpio full moon card reading. Should I chuck a solstice reading up there too? ��
        Oh right! It's winter solstice for you, upside down people!

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

Happy Summer Solstice PF peeps!
          "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Standing upside down is a skill! Come try itttt!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
            Happy Summer Solstice PF peeps!
            You too Thal, and other northerners xxx
            ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
            Seen the desert and the birds
            You cut your hair short
            Like a shush to an insult
            The world had been yelling
            Since the day you were born
            Revolting with anger
            While it smiled like it was cute
            That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Best laugh I've had all day!

Happy whatever-Solstice-you-celebrate, everyone!
              sigpic
              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Happy Summer and Winter Solstice everyone!
                Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Back again! I've been lurking in the background for a bit. Busy times! Happy Solstice everyone! How are you all doing?

Comment

I'm feeling really depressed right now. I tried to explain to my parents that I feel that the doctor that I go to at WVU for bariatric issues is not doing enough. I feel like they are not doing enough. I'm not trying to say that it is there sole part, but I feel like they can help me more than they are. I'm seriously considering going to UPMC if I do not receive the answer I need. I've been working with them for at least two years. It's not like it's been three months or anything like that. I just want some help and it feels like they aren't listening to me. So I'm going to talk to them next month and if I can't get something reasonable then I am going to check out something with UPMC. I know they are willing to do gastric balloon. So they do have options for me. I just get depressed and upset with myself that I let myself get this way. You know.
                    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Anubisa, sorry to hear you are feeling so discouraged. Bariatric issues are tough. If it has been 2 years, then maybe talking to someone from a different program, or even a knowledgeable counselor or peer group might be helpful. It could give you some perspective on whether the WVU program is in line with current standards and practices. It can also give you an idea if it is just some bad staff attitude at the clinic you are attending, or whether you are stuck somewhere yourself and need a fresh perspective. It sounds like you are beating yourself up a lot right now, which usually starts to work against positive forward movement out of any problem. If it is any comfort, I don't think that many people make it through life without developing some behaviors that they regret later. Some are just more easily hidden than others, or more socially acceptable for whatever reason. You know yours, and you have accepted that you need to change some things. That is more than many people ever do. Keep chipping away, because anyone who is as kind as the person I see here deserves to treat themselves with the full love, respect and compassion that you give others.

Comment

Originally posted by Prickly Pear View Post
                        Anubisa, sorry to hear you are feeling so discouraged. Bariatric issues are tough. If it has been 2 years, then maybe talking to someone from a different program, or even a knowledgeable counselor or peer group might be helpful. It could give you some perspective on whether the WVU program is in line with current standards and practices. It can also give you an idea if it is just some bad staff attitude at the clinic you are attending, or whether you are stuck somewhere yourself and need a fresh perspective. It sounds like you are beating yourself up a lot right now, which usually starts to work against positive forward movement out of any problem. If it is any comfort, I don't think that many people make it through life without developing some behaviors that they regret later. Some are just more easily hidden than others, or more socially acceptable for whatever reason. You know yours, and you have accepted that you need to change some things. That is more than many people ever do. Keep chipping away, because anyone who is as kind as the person I see here deserves to treat themselves with the full love, respect and compassion that you give others.
                        Thanks Prickly Pear. They say that it's not selfish to put yourself first. I just can't seem to do that for myself. I have to find a way to force myself to do that or I won't change and I have to change somehow to make myself better in every way possible.
                        Anubisa

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                          Thanks Prickly Pear. They say that it's not selfish to put yourself first. I just can't seem to do that for myself. I have to find a way to force myself to do that or I won't change and I have to change somehow to make myself better in every way possible.
                          I know where you're coming from. I used to let people walk all over me. I felt super guilty when I refused requests from others, I couldn't say no. Last year something happened that was sort of the last straw for me and I changed almost instantly to someone standing up for herself and thinking about herself first. It still feels strange and I'm still learning, but I've never felt guilty again when saying no.

I've learned that if you don't put yourself first, someone else will put themselves before you (if that makes sense). I guess it takes practice like all things.

Comment

My other main residence on ze webs is having technical issues.
                            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Every once in a while, having more PC equipment than I know what to do with can be useful. Now I just need to find an HDMI cable.
                              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I'm sad that Etika passed away.

Comment

Working...
                                X