Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    Well, today Is my mother birthday. She would have been 71 years old today. She passed away in 2012. I'm not as sad as I used to be but still, I missed her.
    I'm so sorry. It's always sad when a loved one dies. They're still a part of you though.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

My first day of work was really good. Tomorrow we get started with Bank of America information. So I am looking forward to tomorrow.
      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Chia seeds. I'm incorporating them into my meal plan for lunch. Specifically I'm going to add them to my work lunch oatmeal with strawberries. I need a full hearty meal but won't raise my blood sugar. I'm trying something new! So far I'm supposed to soak them before I add them to the oatmeal so they don't explode in my stomach. Lol.
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

so,is this good for diabetes,cause as you know i now gots the diabeets?
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
            Chia seeds. I'm incorporating them into my meal plan for lunch. Specifically I'm going to add them to my work lunch oatmeal with strawberries. I need a full hearty meal but won't raise my blood sugar. I'm trying something new! So far I'm supposed to soak them before I add them to the oatmeal so they don't explode in my stomach. Lol.
            We make chia seed pudding. A tablespoon of chia seeds to half a cup of your milk of choice I think is the ratio, in the fridge overnight, stir well and again right before bed, add milk if needed (you'll know if it needs more milk). We add fruit to it right before eating, but you could add nuts or some other savory thing for texture and flavor. Maybe a little honey? They aren't like rice, you can add a tablespoon to your oatmeal without a problem, no need to soak. My girlfriend tosses a tablespoon into her cereal every morning, and puts them in shakes when she's making those.
            We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
            It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
            Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
            -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
              We make chia seed pudding. A tablespoon of chia seeds to half a cup of your milk of choice I think is the ratio, in the fridge overnight, stir well and again right before bed, add milk if needed (you'll know if it needs more milk). We add fruit to it right before eating, but you could add nuts or some other savory thing for texture and flavor. Maybe a little honey? They aren't like rice, you can add a tablespoon to your oatmeal without a problem, no need to soak. My girlfriend tosses a tablespoon into her cereal every morning, and puts them in shakes when she's making those.
              Yeah, I'm doing the oatmeal with chia and some sliced strawberries for lunch. I want to see if that's going to keep me full. I also have nanas and walnuts. And I might eventually try the chia pudding with splenda (no honey, diabetic). They said to bloom it first for newbies and specifically I have some cautions as a diabetic and high blood pressure. So it's just a baby step with any new food. I want to bloom it to add more heft to the oatmeal so I feel fuller. And supplement that with my Glucerna choco shake as a snack at work. I'm trying to add more keto foods and less carbs to work meals. I've already going to be adding summer sausage, string cheese and pork rinds (no carbs!). And strawberries and grapes. I can eat a lot of those relative to their carb and sugar count.

Comment

Doing pretty good in training so far. We had 9 trainees on the first day, now we only have 8 trainees. Some people are not made for the job of being a customer service rep.
                Anubisa

Comment

Who's joining in on the global climate strikes Sept 20?

Comment

did not know about this? thanks for the heads up
                    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                      did not know about this? thanks for the heads up
                      Here is a little more information https://www.greenpeace.org/internati...school-strike/

My eldest is 5 and a bit young to really understand what's going on there so he won't be participating, but I'll be going to support the other students. Mostly high school students.

Comment

I was finally able to log in on my new computer, yay! I've missed you guys.
                        ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

Originally posted by faye_cat View Post
                          I was finally able to log in on my new computer, yay! I've missed you guys.
                          HALLO!!!! Nice to see you again!

A shiny new PC.. so jealous of you!!!

Comment

My chia with oatmeal bowl is the best thing I could have done. It's my easy go to lunch for work. I try to use those 8 hours of me eating right, lol. Ain't no joke. But it's been hard to find a quick meal I can eat and not only feel full but actually be full and not run low on sugar. But also not overload. I've had chia with oatmeal, stevia and strawberries. Then I did walnuts and banana. Then today was strawberry and banana. You'd think one pouch wouldn't make a lot. But when I add 1.5 tbsp of bloomed chia, it doubles the bowl and keep the calories low. It even lasts me eating it at 6pm and it's now midnight and I'm home eating my 'dinner'. I'm noticing I'm not eating a lot of my dinner. I just feel satisfied. Next week is the shopping for more overnight puddings and oats. Trying to keep it interesting.

Comment

I tried making chia pudding. It didn't pud much. Think I'm doing it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Prickly Pear View Post
                                I tried making chia pudding. It didn't pud much. Think I'm doing it wrong.
                                You have to leave it in the fridge overnight and hot really should stir it at least once or twice before going to bed. Then it should be good. Something like 1 tbsp to half a cup of milk. It only takes a little chia.
                                We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                                It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                                Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                                -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Working...
                                X