Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Eclectic Witch
    Phrase
    Move forward with purpose. -Sherillyn Kenyon

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

I thought my laptop had crashed last week. Nope. My daughter managed to get the battery, and just the battery, wet at some point. I went to pull it out and it was all gooey. Like tea or pop had got on it. It's better now. Woo! Laptop saved. But I have officially backed up everything on my Cloud (again). It had been so long since I had done it that all the important stuff wasn't on it...

I missed my showing for the ceramic bust I made because my dad finally made the decision to move back south and I wanted to be able to have time to say bye to him. Though the paint I put on it didn't come out the way I wanted anyway. (I did Hagrid by the way. It was amazing sauce, maybe I'll get pics up at some point) I need to repaint it now. I wanted it to come out as a marble wash, but I thinned the paints too much and they ended up mixing rather than well, mixing but staying seperate. So now instead of a red and yellow marble (because Hagrid was in Gryffindor and I wanted to use house colors) affect I have a red, leaning the slightest bit to orange, sculpture.... ugh, not what I wanted. So when I have the time and money, Hagrid will get an update, then an epoxy finish or something, and I'll post some pics if folks are interested.
    Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Oct 2013
    Religion
    Egyptian Wiccan
    Phrase
    Daughter of Lord Anubis and Lady Bast.

I'm hoping I did okay on my test from last week and today. Just didn't get to study enough for today's test. Had to leave a few blank. So nervous.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

The Diary of an Egyptian Witch | Reading is Love | Serenity Writes

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Finding sanctity.
    Phrase
    Mistress of the Ban

Quote Originally Posted by Shahaku View Post
    I thought my laptop had crashed last week. Nope. My daughter managed to get the battery, and just the battery, wet at some point. I went to pull it out and it was all gooey. Like tea or pop had got on it. It's better now. Woo! Laptop saved. But I have officially backed up everything on my Cloud (again). It had been so long since I had done it that all the important stuff wasn't on it...

I missed my showing for the ceramic bust I made because my dad finally made the decision to move back south and I wanted to be able to have time to say bye to him. Though the paint I put on it didn't come out the way I wanted anyway. (I did Hagrid by the way. It was amazing sauce, maybe I'll get pics up at some point) I need to repaint it now. I wanted it to come out as a marble wash, but I thinned the paints too much and they ended up mixing rather than well, mixing but staying seperate. So now instead of a red and yellow marble (because Hagrid was in Gryffindor and I wanted to use house colors) affect I have a red, leaning the slightest bit to orange, sculpture.... ugh, not what I wanted. So when I have the time and money, Hagrid will get an update, then an epoxy finish or something, and I'll post some pics if folks are interested.
    I love sculpting! I want to see!

I'm thinking that I leave for Mexico tomorrow, and that I'm not sure how I'm going to deal with the +60C difference in temperature between home and Mexico. I may die.

...but I'll die happy and full of tacos
    We are all these things [...]. Pride, desire, compassion, cleverness, belligerence, fruitfulness, loyalty...and guilt. But above it all stands love. And if we desire to be more than human, that is the star by which we must set our sights.

Questions of science, science and progress, do not speak as loud as my heart.

Hot Pickle!

You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.

“Leaving is not enough. You must stay gone. Train your heart like a dog. Change the locks even on the house he’s never visited. You lucky, lucky girl. You have an apartment just your size. A bathtub full of tea. A heart the size of Arizona, but not nearly so arid. Don’t wish away your cracked past, your crooked toes, your problems are papier mache puppets you made or bought because the vendor at the market was so compelling you just had to have them. You had to have him. And you did. And now you pull down the bridge between your houses, you make him call before he visits, you take a lover for granted, you take a lover who looks at you like maybe you are magic. Make the first bottle you consume in this place a relic. Place it on whatever altar you fashion with a knife and five cranberries. Don’t lose too much weight. Stupid girls are always trying to disappear as revenge. And you are not stupid. You loved a man with more hands than a parade of beggars, and here you stand. Heart like a four-poster bed. Heart like a canvas. Heart leaking something so strong they can smell it in the street.”

Frida Kahlo to Marty McConnell

Oct 2006
    Phrase
    I am a leaf on the wind...
    I've finally absorbed all the wisdom I can from one wisdom tooth and now it's time for it to come out. Thankfully I still have 3 left.

I don't like the epinephrine in the numbing agent though. Making my hands shake.
    “Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.”
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

mine got pulled when I was 19-20 in the navy. At the time I did not realize the favor the navy did for me.
    I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.
    Mark Twain

Somewhat like Hunter S. Thompson who was called a gonzo Journalist,I consider myself to be something of a gonzo Pagan.

The wizard be in: But be warned if you poke him to much,the standard wand of anal probing +10 may be utilized.

It is interesting that humans seem to believe that they are the crown of creation,until nature drops a house on them....Just saying....

I have decided that I no longer want to be an adult... If anyone needs me, I'll be in my blanket fort, coloring.

Trust lost,is trust never regained.

http://www.paganforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=186&dateline=1330020104

Oct 2013
    Religion
    Egyptian Wiccan
    Phrase
    Daughter of Lord Anubis and Lady Bast.

Got my fur babies new halters. They look so cute, gonna have to take a pic. My son made such a fuss when we were putting his on, but my daughter was the opposite. Rewarded them with bones. Got them from chewy.com, they have really fast service.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

The Diary of an Egyptian Witch | Reading is Love | Serenity Writes

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Finding sanctity.
    Phrase
    Mistress of the Ban

Quote Originally Posted by anubisa View Post
    Got my fur babies new halters. They look so cute, gonna have to take a pic. My son made such a fuss when we were putting his on, but my daughter was the opposite. Rewarded them with bones. Got them from chewy.com, they have really fast service.
    It's interesting you refer to them as sons and daughters. I call them my fur babies, but I don't think of myself as their mother.

Neat.
    We are all these things [...]. Pride, desire, compassion, cleverness, belligerence, fruitfulness, loyalty...and guilt. But above it all stands love. And if we desire to be more than human, that is the star by which we must set our sights.

Questions of science, science and progress, do not speak as loud as my heart.

Hot Pickle!

You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.

“Leaving is not enough. You must stay gone. Train your heart like a dog. Change the locks even on the house he’s never visited. You lucky, lucky girl. You have an apartment just your size. A bathtub full of tea. A heart the size of Arizona, but not nearly so arid. Don’t wish away your cracked past, your crooked toes, your problems are papier mache puppets you made or bought because the vendor at the market was so compelling you just had to have them. You had to have him. And you did. And now you pull down the bridge between your houses, you make him call before he visits, you take a lover for granted, you take a lover who looks at you like maybe you are magic. Make the first bottle you consume in this place a relic. Place it on whatever altar you fashion with a knife and five cranberries. Don’t lose too much weight. Stupid girls are always trying to disappear as revenge. And you are not stupid. You loved a man with more hands than a parade of beggars, and here you stand. Heart like a four-poster bed. Heart like a canvas. Heart leaking something so strong they can smell it in the street.”

Frida Kahlo to Marty McConnell

Sep 2015
    Religion
    Christian

Hey everybody on Tuesday, I got the Morgan-Greer Tarot Deck In A Tin at Barnes and Noble that I order last Friday.

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Jedi
    Phrase
    The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force.

That fun experience where I have to remind myself that the person in front of me is not who they look like. The person they look exactly like is living 8 hours away and would not have picked up this particular job.
    "It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
    ―Thon

"When to the Force you truly give yourself, all you do expresses the truth of who you are,"

Yoda

Yoda told stories, and ate, and cried, and laughed: and the Padawans saw that life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Dec 2010
    Religion
    Eclectic Pagan/Stregheria

Quote Originally Posted by MaskedOne View Post
    That fun experience where I have to remind myself that the person in front of me is not who they look like. The person they look exactly like is living 8 hours away and would not have picked up this particular job.
    Oh, that gets better when you get older. Last summer I went "back home" and drove through the neighborhood where we lived when I was 11 - 20. I saw kids playing outside who looked just like kids I'd played with back then. It was really, really weird! I often see people who look like someone I know - and then realize they can't be them because of their age.

Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.