Page 17 of 40 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

Nov 2014
    Religion
    Eclectic with some strong norse tendensies

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

Spring is finally here too! Flowers are starting to bloom, I've shed my winter coat. And pollen season is upon us ^^
    You remind me of the babe
    What babe?
    The babe with the power
    What power?
    The Power of voodoo
    Who do?
    You do!
    Do what?
    Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

The Gaze of the Abyss B. de Corbin's Avatar
    Feb 2007
    Religion
    Alchemist and Neo-American Redneck Buddhist
    Frozen Northern Michigan, near Thunder Bay
    Phrase
    Where are the tweezers?

We're having a blizzard.

We just had one, about 10 inches, two weeks ago.

We've got about 4-6 inches of snow right now, and it is 'sposed to continue snowing into Monday.
    Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand.

I can't do everything, but I can do something.

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Finding sanctity.
    Phrase
    Mistress of the Ban

Quote Originally Posted by iris View Post
    Spring is finally here too! Flowers are starting to bloom, I've shed my winter coat. And pollen season is upon us ^^
    -37c with the wind on my walk to work this morning.

I don't even know what spring is, yet.
    We are all these things [...]. Pride, desire, compassion, cleverness, belligerence, fruitfulness, loyalty...and guilt. But above it all stands love. And if we desire to be more than human, that is the star by which we must set our sights.

Questions of science, science and progress, do not speak as loud as my heart.

Hot Pickle!

You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.

“Leaving is not enough. You must stay gone. Train your heart like a dog. Change the locks even on the house he’s never visited. You lucky, lucky girl. You have an apartment just your size. A bathtub full of tea. A heart the size of Arizona, but not nearly so arid. Don’t wish away your cracked past, your crooked toes, your problems are papier mache puppets you made or bought because the vendor at the market was so compelling you just had to have them. You had to have him. And you did. And now you pull down the bridge between your houses, you make him call before he visits, you take a lover for granted, you take a lover who looks at you like maybe you are magic. Make the first bottle you consume in this place a relic. Place it on whatever altar you fashion with a knife and five cranberries. Don’t lose too much weight. Stupid girls are always trying to disappear as revenge. And you are not stupid. You loved a man with more hands than a parade of beggars, and here you stand. Heart like a four-poster bed. Heart like a canvas. Heart leaking something so strong they can smell it in the street.”

Frida Kahlo to Marty McConnell

Nov 2014
    Religion

Quote Originally Posted by volcaniclastic View Post
    -37c with the wind on my walk to work this morning.

I don't even know what spring is, yet.
    That's crazy... I realize you gave harsher weather than us... but I feel like rolling up in a ball and crying around -15.
    What babe?
    The babe with the power
    What power?
    The Power of voodoo
    Who do?
    You do!
    Do what?
    Remind me of the babe!

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Finding sanctity.
    Phrase
    Mistress of the Ban

That's crazy... I realize you gave harsher weather than us... but I feel like rolling up in a ball and crying around -15.
    Denmark is wet, though. We have really dry weather -15 is cold in the fall, but warm for us for the rest of the winter. For instance, if I wake up tomorrow and it's -15, I'd walk to work without snowpants, because that would be a beautiful day.
    We are all these things [...]. Pride, desire, compassion, cleverness, belligerence, fruitfulness, loyalty...and guilt. But above it all stands love. And if we desire to be more than human, that is the star by which we must set our sights.

Hot Pickle!

“Leaving is not enough. You must stay gone. Train your heart like a dog. Change the locks even on the house he’s never visited. You lucky, lucky girl. You have an apartment just your size. A bathtub full of tea. A heart the size of Arizona, but not nearly so arid. Don’t wish away your cracked past, your crooked toes, your problems are papier mache puppets you made or bought because the vendor at the market was so compelling you just had to have them. You had to have him. And you did. And now you pull down the bridge between your houses, you make him call before he visits, you take a lover for granted, you take a lover who looks at you like maybe you are magic. Make the first bottle you consume in this place a relic. Place it on whatever altar you fashion with a knife and five cranberries. Don’t lose too much weight. Stupid girls are always trying to disappear as revenge. And you are not stupid. You loved a man with more hands than a parade of beggars, and here you stand. Heart like a four-poster bed. Heart like a canvas. Heart leaking something so strong they can smell it in the street.”

Nov 2014
    Religion

Quote Originally Posted by volcaniclastic View Post
    Denmark is wet, though. We have really dry weather -15 is cold in the fall, but warm for us for the rest of the winter. For instance, if I wake up tomorrow and it's -15, I'd walk to work without snowpants, because that would be a beautiful day.
    That's true. We do get a lot of rain. And generally have a high humidity... I think I prefer that though. After 7 months in winter boots and 6 layers of clothing, it's always a relief when spring comes and I can drop the 4 scarves.
    We've had around 10-15 degrees for the past week. They're saying we might graze 20 next week. It's amazing.
    What babe?
    The babe with the power
    What power?
    The Power of voodoo
    Who do?
    You do!
    Do what?
    Remind me of the babe!

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Finding sanctity.
    Phrase
    Mistress of the Ban

That's true. We do get a lot of rain. And generally have a high humidity... I think I prefer that though. After 7 months in winter boots and 6 layers of clothing, it's always a relief when spring comes and I can drop the 4 scarves.
    We've had around 10-15 degrees for the past week. They're saying we might graze 20 next week. It's amazing.
    I'm so jealous. We've had snow on the ground since September, and I'm so done with winter. This one has been cold(er) and harsh(er) than the past few winters.

I've only escaped thrice - one week in October when I visited my mom in Vancouver, one week in november when I went to Ireland for my bday, and one week in Mexico in February when I visited my grandparents.

I want the sun AND warmer weather. None of this sunny but colder than hell business. Gah.
    Last edited by volcaniclastic; 15 Apr 2018 at 03:44.

Hot Pickle!

The Gaze of the Abyss B. de Corbin's Avatar
    Feb 2007
    Religion
    Alchemist and Neo-American Redneck Buddhist
    Frozen Northern Michigan, near Thunder Bay
    Phrase
    Where are the tweezers?

Still blizzarding here.

We had about 10 inches yesterday, and today, snow and ice rain are falling from the up-above.

School tomorrow has already been canceled. I'm currently accepting bets that school will be canceled for Tuesday as well.
    Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand.

I can't do everything, but I can do something.

Dec 2010
    Religion
    Eclectic Pagan/Stregheria

You can keep that snow stuff! Friday night we had heavy storms, and tornadoes about 50 miles away. The wknd. was cold (30s). Today 50s and then up to the normal 60s & 70s and I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Finding sanctity.
    Phrase
    Mistress of the Ban

Traded my bar shift on Friday in favour of attending a 4:20 party.

Now I only have to work 12 hours on Friday, instead of 19!

Hot Pickle!