Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
    Make a somewhat complex two day sourdough english muffin recipe. Turns out great. Try to make a quick and dirty set of cupcakes? Cupcakes decide they want to be non-conforming and explode all over the inside of the oven. What the actual hell.

They're still delicious, but the muffin batter expanded all over the outside of the tins and dripped down the sides...except, I didn't overfill them, so I have no idea what happened or why.
    Cool! You have weaponized the muffin...

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
    Make a somewhat complex two day sourdough english muffin recipe. Turns out great. Try to make a quick and dirty set of cupcakes? Cupcakes decide they want to be non-conforming and explode all over the inside of the oven. What the actual hell.

They're still delicious, but the muffin batter expanded all over the outside of the tins and dripped down the sides...except, I didn't overfill them, so I have no idea what happened or why.
    Cool! You have weaponized the muffin...
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

16 hours of work, 4 hours of sleep, 12 hours of work.

Dolla dolla bills, y'all.

Mostly art.

Comment

yup yup!!

MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

My kitchen windows are frozen shut. From the inside. I have big lumps of ice in my window sill. Because when they built this block back in the 50's they thought "hey, this is Scandinavia. Who needs insulation!" So now I'm defrosting my kitchen. There is no insulation in the building. But at least the other rooms have heating. It's usually not that much of a problem, but right now we're having cold coming down from Siberia. It's the coldest we've had in 31 years.
          You remind me of the babe
          What babe?
          The babe with the power
          What power?
          The Power of voodoo
          Who do?
          You do!
          Do what?
          Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
            My kitchen windows are frozen shut. From the inside. I have big lumps of ice in my window sill. Because when they built this block back in the 50's they thought "hey, this is Scandinavia. Who needs insulation!" So now I'm defrosting my kitchen. There is no insulation in the building. But at least the other rooms have heating. It's usually not that much of a problem, but right now we're having cold coming down from Siberia. It's the coldest we've had in 31 years.
            That totally sucks. I'm spoiled with American heating and cooling. I get grumpy if the kitchen floor is chilly, let alone frozen. I don't tolerate the cold well. And my daughter has inherited it. She will go from happy to complete meltdown if she gets too cold (which is really annoying in a four year old).

My life is quickly evolving into revolving around my kid. I'm not so sure that I'm happy with that... Like, mostly what I've done at home has involved her, but before now I was working nearly twice as many hours, and five days a week. The majority of my days were spent working. Being at home the majority of the time with it being just me and her means that we are starting to spend waaay too much time together without people our own ages. Trying to work on widening our social network is slow and tedious for me.
            We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
            It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
            Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
            -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Had my second Geology 101 test today, but I don't think I did too well. I didn't get to study as much as I could have. Work has been taking a toll on me. I come home and just collapse. However, I try to take notes while I am at home so I am ahead. Ugh. Plus this week and next week I work for days, Friday to Monday. Lord Anubis help me.
              Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Do you from time to time feel overwhelmed(just a tiny bit) by the technology???

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                  Do you from time to time feel overwhelmed(just a tiny bit) by the technology???
                  Meh, tech is tech. I get tired of the stupid shit people do with it and I read an article earlier today that leads me to believe that humanity is not mature enough to handle twitter (this probably extends to facebook and other similar issues) in a safe and responsible manner but that's an indictment of humanity not technology. I like tech for the most part.
                  life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Hi Guys! Been thinking about ya'll. How is everyone?
                    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                    Sneak Attack
                    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

good juni add some text

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I've been thinking a lot about Santa Claus, and how that whole story is not only a multi-billion dollar global industry, but an effective training method for organized religion. Teach kids to believe an old white man with a beard is always watching them, with rewards if they're good and lumps of coal if they're bad. It translates easily to the stereotypical portrayal of "God the father" and the whole heaven/hell deal. It's kinda funny how kids will eventually learn and accept that one's not true at right about the age they get into the other.
                        sigpic
                        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I got internet in my house today.

Comment

Oh I am getting so pissed with people at work. Not my co-workers, but the people who come in and use the restrooms. I had to clean the women's restroom for the last two days and it was a mess. Some things could have been picked up by the customers. Just plain common courtesy. You wouldn't leave your bathroom a full mess at home. Now I don't mind cleaning restrooms. It has to be done. And people have accidents and may be embarrassed to tell. So you can't blame them for that. I wouldn't. But leaving toilet paper and trash on the floor. Come on! You're being lazy!
                            Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Re: Whatcha thinking about now?

wow what a discussion
                              Last edited by rabiyajamal45; 19 Mar 2018, 03:23.

Comment

I've done so damn much work today, I'm thinking of unwinding with a bit of Sims.
                                She is like a cat in the dark and then she is the darkness. ~~(=^._.^)

I got my war paint on and I'm off to go passive-aggressive all over these socially awkward man-witches. :XD:

Comment

Working...
                                X