Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

Issues with a smart phone manufacturer.
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I'm 36 today. Wow. The years are going by.
      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
        I'm 36 today. Wow. The years are going by.
        Happy birthday Anubisa.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
          Happy birthday Anubisa.
          Thanks for the b-day wishes.
          Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Be advised,the years now will start to go faster.. just ride the wave, and enjoy the ride. This from a long time wave rider. Having a birthday is good,not having one is BAD,cause that means your days are over.
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

My daughter is in summer swim lessons for the next two weeks. It's every day, 45 minutes in the evening. She's had a really bad regression since she was in the spring class. She doesn't even want to get her hair wet, and she was nearly floating, bobbing, etc. I'm not pressuring her, though I did make it clear that in order to earn her ice cream at the end of the two weeks she has to at least try.

Her last day of swim lessons is my last day to pack for vacation. We're heading to PSG in a little over a week and I couldn't be more excited. Last year was awesome on so many levels but it didn't end well for us. Nova almost had a heat stroke (medic tent said she was 5 minutes from being unconscious when they got to her) while she was at the childcare center. This year we won't be leaving her with childcare all that often, we're going in a motor home with air conditioning that we got specifically for this reason, and we have a better idea of just how much fluid intake she needs to stay healthy while there. (Did I ever mention that she also ran off with another 3 yo little boy that same day to "go hunt lake monsters" hence the swim lessons.)
              We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
              It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
              Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
              -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

It is important learning to swim,as a kid I almost drowned. when the city sent me to summer camp,I spent the whole time in the pool teaching myself to swim. I got good enough to pass the navy boot camp swim test. you hd to swim 3 times around the Olympic sized pool,without touching the sides,and also had to jump from the high dive,to simulate jumping from a ship. also doing the strip your wet cloths off in the water. wet cloths can drag you under. you also had to swim under water about 10 yards,and com up splashing to simulate being in water with burning oil. Then we did 2 weeks of fire school(I have a lot of respect fore firemen)

See here.

- - - Updated - - -

zFrom the site:

First-Class Swim Test

The first class swim test is required for certain Naval duties, such as to become a certified Navy Swimming Instructor.

To pass the First Class Swim Test, candidates must first obtain a Red Cross or YMCA Life Saving Certificate (or NEC). The candidate must show proficiency (perfection) with the crawl stroke, breast stroke, side stroke, and elementary backstroke. Additionally, they must perform a 25-yard underwater swim, surfacing twice to demonstrate the surface burning oil technique.

- - - Updated - - -

About navy boot camp.

- - - Updated - - -

This wasa the hardest paart.

Learning damage control,fire fighting.

- - - Updated - - -

life on a destroyer,

i can say pretty accurate

- - - Updated - - -

this was the ship i was on.

- - - Updated - - -

the kretchmer,der 329
                Last edited by anunitu; 07 Jun 2018, 06:48.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Chickadee has a little friend that is cutting.
                  Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                    Chickadee has a little friend that is cutting.
                    It sucks that kids are under that much stress, but - unfortunately - they often are.
                    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                      It sucks that kids are under that much stress, but - unfortunately - they often are.
                      She's 10...

I went with her to talk to her mother. I've never felt so close to killing someone in my entire life. The bitch totally blew it off, and now the poor kid is grounded.
                      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                      sigpic

Comment

that is very sad thal.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

She's 10...

I went with her to talk to her mother. I've never felt so close to killing someone in my entire life. The bitch totally blew it off, and now the poor kid is grounded.
                          Yeah... Now you know why the child is stressed...
                          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

She's 10...

That's why we never told out parents when we found out a friend was self harming too often they're just met with anger instead of empathy and understanding. Poor girl.
                            You remind me of the babe
                            What babe?
                            The babe with the power
                            What power?
                            The Power of voodoo
                            Who do?
                            You do!
                            Do what?
                            Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

My older brother gav me his laptop that runs Windows 7 today.

Comment

Nice. I liked Windows 7 pretty well. After that, I just got annoyed.

Comment

Working...
                                X