What are you think 2017 to 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

This is a message for everybody in Pagan Forum: Please remember to wash your hands and/or use hand sanitizer. I'm saying this because I care.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
      This is a message for everybody in Pagan Forum: Please remember to wash your hands and/or use hand sanitizer. I'm saying this because I care.
      I appreciate it much, but goodness I knew about this before the damned virus came out. It's like no one even cared until this happened. I am praying for everyone who is out there who have it and don't have it. I want everyone to be safer for the future. However, it seems that we just have ignored our safety at times.
      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Sooo... Michigan just closed all schools until April 6...

I'm a teacher, and that is all the info I have on that subject.
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
          Sooo... Michigan just closed all schools until April 6...

I'm a teacher, and that is all the info I have on that subject.
          We are in discussions about whether or not to close my college too. Hope not - will make final exams interesting...

Mostly art.

Comment

I just learned that the schools up here in Morgantown are going to be closed. West Virginia has yet to have any cases of the coronavirus. So lets hope it stays that way.
            Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

we've closed down pretty much any non vital public function (so kindergartens, schools, universities, social services and unemployment offices amongst other things) as of today, for at least two weeks. Also most cafes and restaurants are closed, along with hotels, clubs and bars. Our borders are closing tomorrow, until easter. I'm looking for work at the moment, but that's unlikely seeing everything is at a stand still... it's kind of a mess.

Also hi folks... I forgot my password for a while xD
              Last edited by iris; 13 Mar 2020, 15:29.
              You remind me of the babe
              What babe?
              The babe with the power
              What power?
              The Power of voodoo
              Who do?
              You do!
              Do what?
              Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

My church is exploring the possibility of zoom meetings for rituals. My town is under a limited state of emergency after a few cases. It's certainly interesting.
                Circe

Comment

This virus won't be stopped - it's already in the world human population. What authorities are trying to do is slow it down to the point where hospitals can handle the load over a longer time, rather than having to deal with the same load in a very short time spam.

One good thing is that it isn't as bad for children as it is for adults, it seems, if the stats are correct.

- - - Updated - - -

This virus won't be stopped - it's already in the world human population. What authorities are trying to do is slow it down to the point where hospitals can handle the load over a longer time, rather than having to deal with the same load in a very short time spam.

One good thing is that it isn't as bad for children as it is for adults, it seems, if the stats are correct.
                  Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I've been single for 2 years now. Damn. Need to get back to dating before it takes a toll on my mental health!

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post

- - - Updated - - -

for about 95% cases it won't be worse than a normal flu. The problem is that we can't yet vaccinate and haven't developed herd immunity to protect the most vulnerable.
                      Our government is over reacting because they need people to think they're doing something good. They didn't take it seriously and believed we wouldn't have any cases here until we had several, and they panicked... Watching our prime minister right now is like watching that one mom that always Google's her symptoms and doesn't believe the doctor when he says she doesn't have cancer... It's rapidly killing small businesses. And closing off our borders has no effect. Scientists agree on that, but it was a purely politically motivated move.
                      They're utterly failing to communicate that this is just a precaution to slow down the spread a little, and not the zombie apocalypse. So people are, understandably, panicked too.
                      Last edited by iris; 14 Mar 2020, 04:07.
                      You remind me of the babe
                      What babe?
                      The babe with the power
                      What power?
                      The Power of voodoo
                      Who do?
                      You do!
                      Do what?
                      Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

damn i lived long enough to see my very first pandemic and still not dieing?
                        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                          damn i lived long enough to see my very first pandemic and still not dieing?
                          That's what I was thinking. I think things are just getting so crazy.
                          Anubisa

Comment

The deal with governments doing things about it when they do is like when there are some car accidents at a corner where there's no traffic light. Enough of them have to be reported, and in some areas, a serious injury or death must occur, before a city will add a traffic light. To spend the money up front where it may not be needed would be criticized, and to wait until several people are killed is negligent. So now, make that on a huge scale, with the virus....I'm not saying the actions are right or wrong, but that's just how it works, in general.

The conspiracy theories out there are pretty noteworthy - China did it on purpose to gain world dominance, Bill Gates had a hand in it, it's all somewhere in Hillary's emails, etc. I really hope it fades out soon, like flu season does. I'm such an introvert, I have no problem with staying home, etc., but a lot of people do.
                            sigpic
                            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

My college officially closes after tomorrow.

I get to do the last month of classes and finals remotely online. I cannot be left alone for any length of time, or I fall into a deep depression. My local gym just closed. I have no idea what I'm going to do.

This is BS.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                                My college officially closes after tomorrow.

I get to do the last month of classes and finals remotely online. I cannot be left alone for any length of time, or I fall into a deep depression. My local gym just closed. I have no idea what I'm going to do.

This is BS.
                                This coronavirus crisis is ruining everybody lives.

Comment

Working...
                                X