Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
    Are you OK? As was already asked, are there other places you can shop nearby? Do you need anything?
    I've got enough groceries in the staff house for a couple of days. My work is trying to figure out a system to ship us up groceries from down south right now (as they provide our grocery bill while we are away at work).

The building is ruined, and the town was in a mass panic today. It's been pretty stressful, to be honest. There is another store in town, as well as two convenience stores to shop from. However, work pays for our groceries and has no contract with the other stores. We can shop there, but only if we spend our own money.

I'm in a small community in the eastern arctic, and the food costs here are sizeable (imagine a reality where 2L of OJ costs $21, for example).

Mostly art.

Comment

I was able to leave early tonight. It's been raining today and we didn't having many customers come into the restaurant. However, we did get a lot through drive thru. It was crazy. It did get a little busy earlier and we had some craziness, but over all it was a good day.
      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Anatomy exam tomorrow. On the heart and vascular, lymphatic, nervous, and endocrine systems.... Plus the potential of old questions being thrown back in from other systems (primarily skeletal and muscular). Just kill me now.

I also need to get caught up on studying for my infectious diseases course. We're in the part of the course on memorizing specific bacteria, what disease they cause, how they enter the body, and what symptoms they cause when they do.

Thankfully I am done with one course (finished early) and almost done with another (two assignment left, one of which is to write a eulogy for a family member). And there are no tests to worry about with these two, so that's great.
        We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
        It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
        Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
        -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Good luck Shahaku!

Well the Wendy's job was the shortest job I have ever had. I quit yesterday and I hope you all don't think negative of me. Yesterday, it came to a boiling point. I was doing a to go order and a woman asked me for a bag. There was a man waiting and I accidentally threw it at her. I didn't mean to, I wasn't trying to be rude, but she commented that I was rude to through a bag at her. She had been a hard customer asking to fill up her chili all the way up to the lid and get her and her husband extra chili. Anyway, I was trying to help the next customer who was an older man and there was no one behind him, thank the lord and lady, and started to cry. I have never in my life done that, just break out crying in front of a customer. He was kind and told me to take a breath. Which I really appreciated that he understood my situation. So I got his order and thanked him. He was another to go order so I went back to the break room to get myself under control. I was really upset because I really take pride in serving my customers. I did such a good job at Sheetz and I felt so bad when I did made a bad impression. So I was getting myself under control and the manager came in and told me to take a breath. So she tells me that I they have to keep telling me to do things and that I am muttering about others underneath my breath. I'm sorry, but that broke the straw on my back. One, you sent me on the first day to train with someone who had been there for about two to three days. I didn't get any type of training that you would expect. I also didn't get any kind of employee handbook. So how would I know certain things or protocol? So I quit because I could not handle being bullied by someone like that. I now know why they go through employees like toilet tissue. No proper training and no respect.
          Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

We would never think negatively of you for that.

Though I'll only speak of myself when I say I would never stay in a job that makes me cry lol.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Customer service is hard, and it can definitely suck at times.

On a better note, I got 94% on my exam. I decided to take it today, since I had the time. That's part of why I love being online. I have a five day window to take an exam, and there's sooo much flexibility.
              We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
              It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
              Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.

Comment

Congrats Shahaku!

It is hard. I have no problem with it. I think part of why I cried last night was because I have been off my Sertraline for 2 weeks. Sertraline is a depression drug and no one has refilled it for me. I asked for an emergency supply and they won't give me one. So I am going to see if my general physician will fill it for me. If not I will have to wait till I see the psychiatrist in a month.
                Anubisa

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                  Congrats Shahaku!

It is hard. I have no problem with it. I think part of why I cried last night was because I have been off my Sertraline for 2 weeks. Sertraline is a depression drug and no one has refilled it for me. I asked for an emergency supply and they won't give me one. So I am going to see if my general physician will fill it for me. If not I will have to wait till I see the psychiatrist in a month.
                  That's infuriating. There should never be a lapse in psych meds whenever it's possible to avoid it. It can literally destroy lives. I'm sorry you're experiencing that.

Right now, I'm working on my husband's eulogy (he's not dead, it's an assignment). I have to center it around a theme, and I'm centering it around his life being a D&D campaign... I'm going to have fun with this one.

Comment

Anubisa, I'm sorry about the Wendy's job. It can be rough. I'm worried for you about the sertraline- suddenly going off can be really hard on you. I know it is a challenge to work around various insurance and health care system problems, but it seems like a priority. Frustrating how that can work. I hope you can find help with it soon.

It's been a rough couple of weeks for you. I'm not surprised that your emotions caught up with you when you were under pressure. I hope you can spend some time taking care of your self and don't succumb to beating yourself up.

Comment

Thanks everyone. I went to the doctor today about a migraine that has lasted for about a week since I have had the sleep study done. The doctor refilled my sertraline for me. I have also sent a message to my general physician about getting a refill done through her as well. I am back on my depression medicine and I am hoping that will get me back to feeling better. As for the job hunt, I am going to get back to it. I get depressed if I don't have a job and don't support myself. I live with my parents and I feel I need to help out by paying some money and now that I have a car I and want to go back to school it's important to have a job. I'm going to be looking for a job that isn't in the food industry for a while. So we'll see what I can find. I'm also thinking about pro blogging. It's an idea that I've been thinking about though.
                      Anubisa

Comment

Thanks everyone. I went to the doctor today about a migraine that has lasted for about a week since I have had the sleep study done. The doctor refilled my sertraline for me. I have also sent a message to my general physician about getting a refill done through her as well. I am back on my depression medicine and I am hoping that will get me back to feeling better. As for the job hunt, I am going to get back to it. I get depressed if I don't have a job and don't support myself. I live with my parents and I feel I need to help out by paying some money and now that I have a car I and want to go back to school it's important to have a job. I'm going to be looking for a job that isn't in the food industry for a while. So we'll see what I can find. I'm also thinking about pro blogging. It's an idea that I've been thinking about though.
                        Good luck with everything, Anubisa. I cried about my job last week XD I'm still working there, because my manager asked to give it a last chance. I've made up my mind though, so friday I will tell him I'll leave.
                        I have a blog (it's in Dutch though), which is fun to do. I never made any money out of it. Only a few offers from companies wanting me to promote their products. Free stuff ftw! A blog can be a nice way to express your thoughts and feelings. I love reading blogs, so if you start one, tell me where to find it
                        Last edited by Eleanor; 14 Nov 2018, 11:19.

Comment

Making videos of myself is weird. I'm using Screencast-O-matic. I have to do some videos for school reports. This most recent one was a grief analysis of Keith from the movie Two Weeks. It's interesting, but odd. Also, I have a funeral law exam next week, which I'm not super worried about, but I definitely feel a bit uncomfortable.

Comment

Well good luck on your next exam Shahaku. I think some of us are naturally uncomfortable doing videos. I know I am. I always sound like crap.

I'm thinking about buying a domain and dedicating it to reading and reviewing books and other things that are associated with the book world. To be honest you can make a living being a blogger. I still am looking for a job, but this is such a passionate thing that I love to do that I think that this blog would be a success for me. I also have a blog that I have been writing in for about three years for now, that it would be natural to switch to the bigger part. Just thinking for now.
                            Anubisa

Comment

I'm thinking about buying a domain and dedicating it to reading and reviewing books and other things that are associated with the book world. To be honest you can make a living being a blogger. I still am looking for a job, but this is such a passionate thing that I love to do that I think that this blog would be a success for me. I also have a blog that I have been writing in for about three years for now, that it would be natural to switch to the bigger part. Just thinking for now.
                              I would love to blog, and I've thought about it. We live such a unique life from an outsiders perspective that I think I could make something of it. But I never have the motivation.

As far as finding a regular job, have you looked at places that aren't customer service oriented? Hospitals, factories, etc. I've worked in Central Sterile for almost five years now. It's been great, and I don't have to deal with nasty customers every day. And there are entry-level positions in these places that don't require previous experience or education.

Comment

made an effort to connect with other pagans in this area of jersey,but mainly new age stuff,never found that very worth checking out,did see a meditation group,that looked interesting anyway,also one of those a;ll inclusive church's like thal mentioned once

- - - Updated - - -

snow finally hit here 8 inches,schools shut down,B. De, would be happy. SNOW DAY!!!
                                Last edited by anunitu; 16 Nov 2018, 02:59.
                                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Working...
                                X