What are you think 2017 to 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

Yesterday I went to Barnes & Noble bookstore to buy a Nook Book version of Your Tarot Courts By Ethony Dawn.
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 08 Feb 2020, 18:35.

Comment

So today I had a big ass cry over my car. I live off of a dead end street where it narrows into one lane. So this car comes from our town homes subdivision and I back up for them. My right back tire and part of the front end up in a ditch. The asshole just goes on past me. Doesn't even stop or anything. So I get out and had to wave three cars by me. Only one stopped to check if I was okay. I called my parents crying about how I needed a tow truck because I was backing up. I know I may seem like a cry baby but I already wrecked my car when it got hit in May of last year and that cost half it's worth when I bought it. I'm paying for it. Thank goodness when the tow truck arrived the guy said there wasn't any damage. My dad drove it home. I'm still scheduling an appointment to see the car dealership.
      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Yesterday I went and saw the doctor for a rash. They think it might be Shingles. They did a scraping and sent the sample to the lab. Right now I am on Valtrex. I called the volunteer services at the hospital and told them I couldn't volunteer, but I would let them know if it was Shingles or not. I still let them know I would not come in anyway. I wouldn't want to cause any harm to the babies since they have such weak immune systems. I love being a baby cuddler, but I can't risk their health. I'm not sure if it is Shingles (I hope not), but I am sick and I still won't let anyone get sick because of me.
        Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
          Yesterday I went and saw the doctor for a rash. They think it might be Shingles. They did a scraping and sent the sample to the lab. Right now I am on Valtrex. I called the volunteer services at the hospital and told them I couldn't volunteer, but I would let them know if it was Shingles or not. I still let them know I would not come in anyway. I wouldn't want to cause any harm to the babies since they have such weak immune systems. I love being a baby cuddler, but I can't risk their health. I'm not sure if it is Shingles (I hope not), but I am sick and I still won't let anyone get sick because of me.
          I had shingles a couple of years ago - luckily it was a mild case. I was put on Famciclovir right away and it cleared up. Shingles is tiny blisters, not a flat rash, and it's usually only on one side of the body. Hope you feel better!
          sigpic
          Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Sorry to hear that as that is rough. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Comment

People can still get shingles in the 21st century? I thought we all get innoculated against that as children.

Mostly art.

Comment

Those of us who never had chicken pox before there was a childhood vaccination. Obviously don't know if that's the other poster's case, just one group of at risk people. LOL, so many caveats, those of us who -had- chicken pox are also at risk, but possibly lower risk of reactivation than initial infection.
                Last edited by Rhythm; 18 Feb 2020, 12:25.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                  People can still get shingles in the 21st century? I thought we all get innoculated against that as children.
                  I'm 62. When I was a kid, we got shots for smallpox, polio, tetanus, and tuberculosis. That's it! We all got sick with the actual measles, mumps, and chicken pox. Apparently, chicken pox virus remains dormant in the body for life and can re-emerge as shingles decades later.
                  sigpic

Comment

Yup. Chicken pox vaccine is fairly recent, at least here. There is even a South Park episode about Chicken Pox parties, where parents would intentionally expose their kids to chicken pox because it is easier when you are younger. These were a thing in the 90's. I think where I am Chicken Pox vaccinations started in the later 90's.
                    Last edited by Prickly Pear; 18 Feb 2020, 13:58. Reason: clarity

Comment

Yeah, it was a thing. I went to one. Get it done and over with. Parents are short on time and their schedules are tight, lol.

My wife didn't. Never had the pox, never got vaccinated. All of our kids are, ofc.
                      Last edited by Rhythm; 18 Feb 2020, 14:36.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                        And there is an inoculation that prevents shingles in those of us who had the pox as kid's, but it costs about $600 in the U.S., unless your insurance is really good.
                        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                          And there is an inoculation that prevents shingles in those of us who had the pox as kid's, but it costs about $600 in the U.S., unless your insurance is really good.
                          Doesn't Medicaid and Medicare covered the inoculation?

Comment

Well I had chicken pox when I was a kid and I had shingles in the past. I have had shots for both. It just is something that you can get even if you take the shots. It's like the flu, even though you take the flu shot every year, you can get it. It's not as common for shingles of course, but still a shot will not always guarantee that you will never not get it.
                            Anubisa

Comment

There are 2 different kinds of shingles vaccines - the newer one requires 2 doses. Some people have no problems and some have pretty awful side effects. There are many differing opinions about shingles recurrence/immunity/prevention, just like the flu shot controversy anubisa mentioned.

I had to get the MMR shot in the 90s for grad school because I couldn't prove I'd had the childhood diseases and was therefore immune - and I broke out in spots 2 weeks after. No fever or anything, just spots for a day. They told me at the time that it was "impossible" but now it's reported that 5% of people have that reaction. It was actually pretty funny in retrospect - I was fine that morning and during the workday someone was looking at me funny. I asked what was going on and he said "You better go look in a mirror." He was kind of a prankster so I thought he was just goofing on me, but then I saw the spots!
                              sigpic

Comment

at 73 i still have not been hit with shingles,but i have always had a pretty strong immune system
                                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Working...
                                X