Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
    I've never gone more than 48 hrs without seeing my daughter. And I don't live sleeping alone, it really hope the ante with my anxiety. Plus, it's going to be a looong week. Most days we're expected to go from 900am to 630pm.
    I understand, I had never even spent the night away from Milo when I had my first work trip. I was gone for 5 days. I video chatted with them everyday, got pictures from Dad and sitter and it was still rough. But at the same time apparently I needed it.

Those are long weeks. Long hard weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

We just lost amazon as a customer. While everyone seems chill and not overly worried I am. I will be the first to go and I know it.

My anxiety just went through the roof.
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
      I understand, I had never even spent the night away from Milo when I had my first work trip. I was gone for 5 days. I video chatted with them everyday, got pictures from Dad and sitter and it was still rough. But at the same time apparently I needed it.

Those are long weeks. Long hard weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

We just lost amazon as a customer. While everyone seems chill and not overly worried I am. I will be the first to go and I know it.

My anxiety just went through the roof.
      Man, that sucks. I hope you don't lose your job. Do you have a contingency plan?
      We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
      It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
      Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
      -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
        Man, that sucks. I hope you don't lose your job. Do you have a contingency plan?
        I had planned on leaving in late summer to get my CNA with the hospital since I have to have my CNA for my nursing degree but this is a little early for me. I spoke to my boss, the president of the company, and he really isn't worried about the loss. However we are already making plans and getting all the ducks in a row. This isn't my first rodeo, and I refuse to be blindsided.
        "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

Comment

Oh Kalyn. I hope you don't have any reason to stress, but good luck with your preparations. That's a scary time.
          ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

Yesterday I had to go to the ER for shortness of breath and pain in my body. Had chest x-ray, ekg, and lots of blood work done. Everything was negative thank goodness. They gave me a breathing treatment for my shortness of breath and I feel better. The pain in my body is still there. I've been on doxycline for 8 days and I think that is what is causing my pain. So I stopped it last night. So hopefully, I stopped it last night. Lets hope the pain goes away soon.
            Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by faye_cat View Post
              Oh Kalyn. I hope you don't have any reason to stress, but good luck with your preparations. That's a scary time.
              Thank you ma'am! I'm doing my best to stay positive and again no one here seems overly worried but they are a really big customer. They can tell me all they want that we wont be hurt by their loss or that other companies who sell on amazon will just pick up their business but I honestly don't buy that.

We will be alright, I can always go work retail if need be till I can get in at the hospital or I can find a nursing how that offers the CNA program. I am not without options.

Comment

I'm glad that you have options. If I can help let me know. <3

I'm surprised how calm I am right now. Like, there's so much stuff to do for so many things, and yet, I'm not stressed even though things aren't ideal and deadlines are drawing near. Hm. Meds working?

Comment

The universe (or the train company) did not want me going out tonight... 4 trains cancelled in a row. Waited well over an hour before I gave up completely.
                  You remind me of the babe
                  What babe?
                  The babe with the power
                  What power?
                  The Power of voodoo
                  Who do?
                  You do!
                  Do what?
                  Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

All that anxiety I was amazed I didn't have? It all came at once hey-yo just what I needed. Time to listen to some music and relax.

Comment

Our dogs escaped for the second time this week, in the bitter cold, this morning because of an unattended loose door. My husband is insisting he closed it when he left for work. I believe that he tried, I'm not sure it's latching properly. And we need a new front door anyway. The cold this year splintered our solid wood one so it currently has a barely noticeable two foot crack...
                      We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                      It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                      Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.

Comment

I'm thinking that lots of you have beautiful new avatars and am wondering if I want a new one for myself. I'm just not sure what fits best at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Prickly Pear View Post
                          I'm thinking that lots of you have beautiful new avatars and am wondering if I want a new one for myself. I'm just not sure what fits best at the moment.
                          I have a hard time updating mine frequently because I feel like it's part of my identity here. I change my avatar very rarely as a result.
                          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                          ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                          Sneak Attack
                          Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                            I have a hard time updating mine frequently because I feel like it's part of my identity here. I change my avatar very rarely as a result.
                            Me too. I don't know if I've changed mine in ten years.

Also, this month marks year ten for me and MO! Happy PF'aversary, Masked

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post

Happy PFversary
                              �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                              ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                              Sneak Attack
                              Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post

Happy pfversary. I know I'm coming up on it as well (10 years). I joined about six months to a year precrash if I remember right.

As far as avatars go, I change mine every few years as I feel like I myself change. I'm fairly sure the first one I used was a lion king coloring page of a young Nala with a black background and a pink outline. Even though I still absolutely adore lion king, it doesn't really feel like an identifying factor for me anymore. My last avatar was an African mask, one of my favorites after studying their art for years. But it's been awhile and things change. Shrug.

Comment

Working...
                                X