Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

And....

Marvel fans are occasionally a little weird.

The fact that Thanos has a reddit dedicated to the proposition that he's right mildly disturbs me. The fact that said reddit is instituting a randomized ban of half its membership is just funny.
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

mm,maybe.

thanos who??
      Last edited by anunitu; 05 Jul 2018, 09:26.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
        mm,maybe.

thanos who??
        Thanos, to be vastly more fair to the genocidal moron than he deserves, his plan could potentially have worked for his home world in the short term and the short term breathing room bought by said plan could have allowed for a long term solution. However, he decided to impose his plan universally. My feelings on the string of bad logic necessary to believe that his actions in the greater MCU are justifiable would turn this post into a long string of special characters or irritate Juni and Thal.
        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
          Thanos, to be vastly more fair to the genocidal moron than he deserves, his plan could potentially have worked for his home world in the short term and the short term breathing room bought by said plan could have allowed for a long term solution. However, he decided to impose his plan universally. My feelings on the string of bad logic necessary to believe that his actions in the greater MCU are justifiable would turn this post into a long string of special characters or irritate Juni and Thal.
          But in all fairness. Thanos is an overpowered villain.

Comment

Reddit is a gathering for the mundane and the mightily strange alike. I go with amused on this one. Of course, I haven't read any of the subreddit. It is entirely possible that upon doing that, I would have to replace amusement with disgust.

Comment

Speaking of reddit, I've been very intrigued by some twenty one pilots threads on there over the past week. Specifically in regards to them, as the rumor goes, releasing some new music today. As a result Twenty One Pilots has been in the top trending topics on twitter and you tube recently.
              Last edited by pillar; 06 Jul 2018, 11:36.

Comment

I'm thinking about the potential problems of growing actual brains in a lab, and it makes my already-existing brain hurt. https://www.nbcnews.com/mach/science...5&kwp_0=875561
                Last edited by Hawkfeathers; 09 Jul 2018, 13:55.
                sigpic
                Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Yeah, I've thought about this before. I don't think our "brains" are what we are. I know we've been told that, but idk, just seems like maybe brains were an excuse to give us spirits. All the "supernatural" stuff out there and we think we need a brain. Do we still then need our brains in the afterlife? If not why do we need them here? I started thinking of a line from an old poem that goes "nature red, in tooth and claw" I've forgoten everything from it but that line and that it refers to a kinda cruelty and ... idk there goes my memory again. anyhow, my two cents.

Comment

Is that the ghost in the machine,(WE the machine)

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I've thought about that, too - they physical brain is a carrier or conduit for our thoughts, etc., but perhaps not the creator of such.

Waiting for Masked One to chime in about pizza toppings any minute now
                      sigpic
                      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Brains!!! Yummy!!

- - - Updated - - -

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                          I've thought about that, too - they physical brain is a carrier or conduit for our thoughts, etc., but perhaps not the creator of such.

Waiting for Masked One to chime in about pizza toppings any minute now
                          ? Like a radio playing songs sung by someone else?

Then who does the singing, and aren't they also like a radio playing songs sung by someone else?

(Hint: the problem with "the ghost in the machine" idea is that it is non-explanitory because it leads to infinite recursion, much like the argument "everything has a creator, and god is the creator..." "Erm.. So who created god?")
                          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Yesterday I was called into the office at work by the new manager and the hospitality manager. Both who haven't been there for basically a little over a month. I had called the employee hotline because I felt like I wasn't being moved around to different stations enough. I felt and still feel that I get put up in the front at the register a lot. The manager basically gave me a list of what things I what I went over with the previous manager before I joined Sheetz. I feel I can do them. She says I'm slow in the kitchen, even on fryer. Are you kidding me? You don't see me on fryer because you leave like an hour after I get there. Plus, Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, and Mondays are the only times I can work. She complained about that. She didn't bother to say anything about me staying over when my supervisors needed me to on days when there are only four of us. Or stocking or things like that. It took everything to keep myself from crying. So after I finished the meeting I went to the break room and cried for a few minutes. I'm not going to stir shit again. I'm just going to keep quiet and do my job, because I need the money.
                            Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

I'm sorry, Anubisa, that you are feeling this way. Please don't just suck it up just because you need the money, though. I am not gonna sit here and pretend I know what's best for you, but I'm pretty sure keeping quiet will just lead you to become bitter. I say this because that's exactly where I am now with one of my jobs because I kept quiet too long for the money. It's NOT worth it. I hope things start to look up for you.
                              �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                              ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                              Sneak Attack
                              Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

TRUE JUNI,some times you just have to "Say NO"

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Working...
                                X