Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
    I read something about how a triangle of stars in space may or may not equal 180 degrees because space and time warp. I can sort of picture that and it fascinates me.
    Relativity tells us that there actually is only a triangle because of the location from which you are making the observation.

Interestingly, two things happening at the same time only happen at the same time because of your position as an observer (imagine looking into the sky at night and seeing two stars go supernova at the same time. If one of those stars in 10 light years away, and the other is 50 light years away, in order for you to see them explode at the same time, one blew up ten years ago, while the other blew up 40 years earlier).

The universe is weird.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
    I read something about how a triangle of stars in space may or may not equal 180 degrees because space and time warp. I can sort of picture that and it fascinates me.
    Relativity tells us that there actually is only a triangle because of the location from which you are making the observation.

Interestingly, two things happening at the same time only happen at the same time because of your position as an observer (imagine looking into the sky at night and seeing two stars go supernova at the same time. If one of those stars in 10 light years away, and the other is 50 light years away, in order for you to see them explode at the same time, one blew up ten years ago, while the other blew up 40 years earlier).

The universe is weird.
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post

The universe is weird.

- - - Updated - - -

Everything is based on perspective, but taking that thought down one popular road leads to trees falling in the forest without making a sound, or maybe not even falling at all, unless I was there in person to see it, and even then, once it's past, it isn't happening. I know someone who talks like that. It's a bit overboard for me, although I understand the building blocks of it.
      Last edited by Hawkfeathers; 16 May 2020, 15:51.
      sigpic
      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I'm going to work on Monday. I'm going in to try some new recipes while there is no one there.

I've noticed I'm pretty bitter lately and should probably work on that but just don't have the will or want to.
        "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

I've noticed lately that I am just so fatigued and just don't have much of the will to do anything. I don't know what is the matter with me. I'm thinking it's my depression acting up. I just have to get over it. Get back into my passions again. I just need the energy.
          Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Sounds like depression.

Not to intrude on your personal life, but medication mostly works for my issues.
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Lots of depression around lately. It is definitely a time to be vigilant about taking care of our mental health.

Comment

Found the #homecoming section on Tik Tok. Spent half an hour crying at all the reunion videos.
                �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                Sneak Attack
                Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                  Sounds like depression.

Not to intrude on your personal life, but medication mostly works for my issues.
                  It's okay. You're not intruding. Thing is that I'm taking depression medication. Maybe I need to talk to schedule a visit with my doctor.
                  Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Well I finally found a place in Charleston that does the lap band surgery and takes Medicaid and Medicare insurance. Lap band is pretty much my only surgery option because of my medicine issues. I got an appointment and will be going to see the doctor on June 4th. I am hoping the doctor will give me some hope. I know it's not just about getting the surgery, it's a lifestyle change. However, I really need some help. I've tried a lot of things and I hope this will go through.
                    Anubisa

Comment

I started a new job this week. Back in central sterile, mostly I'll be doing endoscopes. I'm going to be a lead tech, so I'll be coming in basically in charge of one location's CS department. Where I'm training at now, it sounds like it's a bit of a cluster. Nobody out there is really doing things the way they're supposed to. Skipping steps, etc. I'm getting nervous, cause if I'm responsible for getting them back in shape I'm probably going to be in the midst of a tense workplace for awhile.

On another note, I've been tempted to start a coven of sorts lately. It's been on my mind a lot. Idk. I might try it.
                      We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                      It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                      Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                      -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
                        I started a new job this week. Back in central sterile, mostly I'll be doing endoscopes. I'm going to be a lead tech, so I'll be coming in basically in charge of one location's CS department. Where I'm training at now, it sounds like it's a bit of a cluster. Nobody out there is really doing things the way they're supposed to. Skipping steps, etc. I'm getting nervous, cause if I'm responsible for getting them back in shape I'm probably going to be in the midst of a tense workplace for awhile.

On another note, I've been tempted to start a coven of sorts lately. It's been on my mind a lot. Idk. I might try it.
                        Congrats on the new job! Sounds tough but I'm sure you can pull it off.
                        Coven stuff has been on my mind for a couple of years now, but as a Satanist, presiding a more generic witchcraft/occult coven just seems like something many people would not be on board with.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Good luck on the job! I'm very sure you will do great on it! On the coven issue, what kind of coven do you think you are going to start?
                          Anubisa

Comment

You'll kill it, I have faith in your abilities.

There's a UU Church in Jackson that has a coven connected to it however I've reached out to them to find out about open rituals and just general information because I would enjoy participating in group rituals but the High Priest really couldn't give me derivatives besides he allowed his coven members to worship whatever pantheon they wanted. So I've decided to stay solitary for a while longer.
                            "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
                              You'll kill it, I have faith in your abilities.

There's a UU Church in Jackson that has a coven connected to it however I've reached out to them to find out about open rituals and just general information because I would enjoy participating in group rituals but the High Priest really couldn't give me derivatives besides he allowed his coven members to worship whatever pantheon they wanted. So I've decided to stay solitary for a while longer.
                              Does the bold mean what I think it does?

If it does then I really want to know what a group ceremony where you have a devotee of the Aztec gods, a Christo-Pagan, a Hellenic Recon and one or two Heathens (and yes, I'm pulling pantheons out of thin air for my example) all in the same ritual space would look like.
                              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                                Does the bold mean what I think it does?

If it does then I really want to know what a group ceremony where you have a devotee of the Aztec gods, a Christo-Pagan, a Hellenic Recon and one or two Heathens (and yes, I'm pulling pantheons out of thin air for my example) all in the same ritual space would look like.
                                His exact words were "no I allow my members to choose their own as long as it's not a evil or dangerous path" Like that's how he lead off, and it really really rubbed me wrong that he used the words "ALLOWS his members", and I guess he has that mind set because he is the high priest of the coven that he set up. I should have asked for clarification if he allows them to worship who they want during say full moon ritual but has a set pantheon for ritual but I was trying to quickly exit the conversation. But what you are describing is basically what I envisioned.

I was really looking for an established coven and thats not what I got from him.

Comment

Working...
                                X