Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
    Yeah, it gets rough this time of year. I enjoy my friends and all the festive stuff, but boy is it ever exhausting. I can literally feel my inner battery running down.
    I can totally relate. I'd rather stay at home reading a book or watching a series than being at a party all evening. It's not that I don't like being with my friends, I love it! But it's also exhausting.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
    I went today for my second interview. I sat through a presentation and learned that I would have to work 50-60 hours a week. I would be able to move up, but it would not really fit me. The people seem nice, but I can't do it because I have to take part-time jobs right now. They called later today and I had to decline. I did get a call from Lane Bryant today and they want to see me on Friday at 3:00. So I hope that I really score on that. I love shopping at Lane Bryant and they seem so nice. I go in tomorrow for another interview. So we'll see how that goes. Lot's to think about.
    50-60 hours is way too much. I like having a life next to my job. Good luck at Lane Bryant!

Comment

I went to my second interview this week and decided after talking to my parents that I am not going to take it. It would be minimum wage for taking care of patients in their homes. My mom was a home health nurse and doesn't think that that job would be good for me especially if I have to clean people and such. I thought it might be okay, but now I think about it I agree. So I decided to take the Papa John's job. I'm going in tomorrow to do paperwork and then I guess we are going to set me up for training. The reason I am doing this instead of waiting for the interview on Friday is because I was told I would only get about 15 hours a week at Lane Bryant and I need more to help with my car and school. So anyway, that's it for now. I got a new job.
      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

I did anatomy labs today. We sit in on autopsies (it's hands on, but we're mostly observing). I helped figure out cause of death for one person. They knew that she had a hole somewhere in her GI tract, but I was the one that actually found it (they were looking at intestine I found it on the stomach). I'm fairly excited because they had been looking for about 20 minutes with no luck.

It did bring one thing very clearly to my attention. This person would have been in a lot of pain for an extended period of time. There was no medical record. She never went to the doctor for it. It could have easily been treated with some basic medications. This killed her. This is our current medical crisis in the USA.
        We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
        It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
        Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
        -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
          I did anatomy labs today. We sit in on autopsies (it's hands on, but we're mostly observing). I helped figure out cause of death for one person. They knew that she had a hole somewhere in her GI tract, but I was the one that actually found it (they were looking at intestine I found it on the stomach). I'm fairly excited because they had been looking for about 20 minutes with no luck.

It did bring one thing very clearly to my attention. This person would have been in a lot of pain for an extended period of time. There was no medical record. She never went to the doctor for it. It could have easily been treated with some basic medications. This killed her. This is our current medical crisis in the USA.
          I'm glad your schooling experience is going well. It is unfortunate that the person died because she didn't see a doctor or didn't have proper meds. It's in part the insurance companies and drug companies I think. Drug companies hike up their damned prices on meds even though I bet they can make them for less than 50 cents and insurance companies charge out the wahoo. Why can't we be like other countries where we get free insurance?
          Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

I got a new job.
            It sounds like you've put in some solid thinking about this, Anubisa. I hope this one is the perfect fit for what you need right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Prickly Pear View Post
              It sounds like you've put in some solid thinking about this, Anubisa. I hope this one is the perfect fit for what you need right now.
              Thanks. I start work on Monday at 4:00. I'm looking forward to it. I went in and filled the paperwork today and I hope that everything will go well on Monday.
              Anubisa

Comment

Tomorrow I start work at Papa John's. I am a little nervous, but I am looking forward to it nonetheless. Can't wait to get back into working.
                Anubisa

Comment

Tomorrow I start work at Papa John's. I am a little nervous, but I am looking forward to it nonetheless. Can't wait to get back into working.
                  Congrats!!!

That's good pizza; I bet it will be a good place to work too

Comment

dident papa john get in trouble?
                    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                      dident papa john get in trouble?
                      Oh wow! you're right; I just googled it out of curiosity... I'm pretty bad at following the news... It looks like the owner resigned though.

Comment

Congrats & good luck! They opened one in my town a few years back. It was so popular the first week they actually had to shut down for a couple of hours to wait for more supplies! But then it closed after a year or so. People are weird here.
                        sigpic
                        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

but it was not a jersey place right,nj pizza..yeh
                          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                            but it was not a jersey place right,nj pizza..yeh
                            No, this is the Ozarks, where Pizza Hut is considered great. LOL I'm about to decide whether or not to visit "back home" this summer for a few days of 24/7 face-stuffing!
                            sigpic
                            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

We have a place up here called Pizza Al's. It makes the best pizza ever. They make huge pizzas and calzones. It's ridiculous how big they are. Very good pizza's. Two slices fills me up.
                              Anubisa

Comment

I have a week until finals... just shoot me now.
                                We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                                It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                                Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                                -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Working...
                                X