What are you think 2017 to 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

I went to a ritual at my old church for the first time in a year and a half. It felt like time. I'm still not happy with the current minister. She made some comments that I find pretty offensive (pretty much trying to talk down poly relationships even though they're supported by the UU) and also there was a whole fiasco with the RE director who happened to be a friend of mine that really ticked me off. Basically he was running things like he always had with prior church approval and she came in and said it was completely wrong and fired him with little to no warning that things needed to change.

It was a mess and I'm still pissed because he was a great RE director and the person she hired to replace him (without anyone's approval) is Lutheran and wanted to set up a Sunday bible school instead of using UU curriculum which would have caused me to insist on pulling Nova out, not that my gf would argue if they started that crap.

I also had a bit of a falling out with the CUUPs lead around the same time. I colead with her and one other person for a couple years and some things happened, some miscommunication, some things that really hurt my trust, and some things I said that I know hurt her trust. I think we're at the point that we've healed from that a bit. So I feel comfortable going to CUUPs events again, sort of, but I still want nothing to do with the current minister and can't wait for her development period to be over with and someone new to come in. I know it won't fix everything, but hopefully they won't be so closed minded.
    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

that is very sad,i always thought uu were more open to many diverse things. live and learn.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
        that is very sad,i always thought uu were more open to many diverse things. live and learn.
        Typically they are. But they are also influenced by the area they serve. If they're in a mostly conservative state, they may attract the more moderate people and the liberals, but those moderates still have an effect. This particular minister is from the deep south, is a lesbian, and was threatened in her home state and had to find a different place to work. Which makes it even odder in my opinion that so many things suggest that she is so anti poly. Our church atmosphere felt so much more accepting to me before her arrival. She's always felt a little off to me for some reason though, cold and fake, so I was probably biased even before she gave me a reason to be.
        We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
        It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
        Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.

Comment

sounds a bit like a TERF to me google TERF if you need to.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
            sounds a bit like a TERF to me google TERF if you need to.
            I know what a TERF is, and that's not the issue. She has no problem with trans people, just poly relationships.

Comment

I am thinking of all of you! Thank you for letting me know what's on your minds every day and being open to sharing ideas. It makes me feel so much richer. <3

Comment

you bring a brightness here az,a very good thing that is

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I gotta be the worst poly ever, for someone who can have and want several active sexual relationships, I've got a majestic total of 0 going on.
                  I need to go out more.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Originally posted by Sean R. R. View Post
                    I gotta be the worst poly ever, for someone who can have and want several active sexual relationships, I've got a majestic total of 0 going on.
                    I need to go out more.
                    We kinda sorta stumbled on it. When it came up, my husband was shocked when I was like, sure, why the hell not? Then when a long time friend's relationship came to an end things kind of developed. I've always advocated for working on forming strong connections with people for awhile before going in a romantic direction with them.

Comment

Went in late to work because of snowy weather. I skidded on the interstate a few times. Thank goodness no one was near me. Work went ok, but I talked to my trainer toward the end of the day and I was like at 740 seconds when it should be at least 450 seconds. I think what is getting me is that we are still in groups. However, he told me that some issues are that people aren't taking control of the calls. I'm still trying to get a hold of it. I was better than yesterday though. I'm hoping I feel better tomorrow. Hope my throat doesn't feel sore.
                      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Stuck at work. Stupid lighting strike took out part of the fire system at a plant. I asked for a helper right from the beginning and only got excuses for several hours until one of my apprentices finally agreed to come out and help.
                        �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                        ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                        Sneak Attack
                        Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

My hubby wrecked his car this morning and likely totaled it. No injuries, thank goodness. The roads were terrible with all the snow and ice we've been getting and it didn't look like the plows had gotten to that section of interstate. He said he wasn't even breaking or anything, just must have hit a patch of ice and his tail end swung around and he ended up hitting the median wall. I'm just glad he's ok.

Comment

Glad he's okay! Hopefully insurance will cover some of the cost of the car? :/

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

plows here right now another snow emergency day

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by Sean R. R. View Post
                                Glad he's okay! Hopefully insurance will cover some of the cost of the car? :/
                                The loan should be paid off at the very least since he has gap insurance as well as regular car insurance on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X