What are you think 2017 to 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

My older brother told me to stop eating just food which I'm abiding his rules.

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
      what constitutes keto i mean how does one do this what foods are allowed and how does it effect your body on a day to day nature?
      The idea of keto is to create a constant state of ketosis, which is supposed to change the way you burn calories/fat. It is high proteiin, but also specifically high fat, and minimal carbs- just certain vegetables. It seems to be effective for quite a few people. I also think it is one where I would check with a doctor if I had medical conditions such as diabetes or heart disease. Weight loss is obviously good for these, but there could be some risks depending on your situation. Alas, I myself have no gallbladder, so this high fat diet would be hellish for me.

BH- cutting out the junk food is probably the number one best thing for losing weight and feeling better. Good for you!
      Last edited by Prickly Pear; 04 Sep 2019, 05:11.

Comment

i am diabetic with issues for a stroke or heart attack risk
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Well, perhaps... don’t worry about this. Follow Pollans advice.

Eat food, not too much, mostly vegetables.

Comment

Keto diets are rather hard on both your gallbladder and kidneys. They aren't recommended long term and like any low carb, highly restrictive diet, they're hard to stick to and most people gain the weight back plus some within two years. The only time I've heard a doctor recommend a keto diet is when someone is morbidly obese and needs to lose the weight fast or risk death, and in the case of epileptic children. I know it "works" in the sense that you will lose weight. But losing weight and being skinny are not the only determinations of health.
            We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
            It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
            Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
            -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
              Keto diets are rather hard on both your gallbladder and kidneys. They aren't recommended long term and like any low carb, highly restrictive diet, they're hard to stick to and most people gain the weight back plus some within two years. The only time I've heard a doctor recommend a keto diet is when someone is morbidly obese and needs to lose the weight fast or risk death, and in the case of epileptic children. I know it "works" in the sense that you will lose weight. But losing weight and being skinny are not the only determinations of health.
              The reason I was recommended the Keto diet is because I am morbidly obese unfortunately. I've been doing a lot of research and been purchasing a lot of books. There are some things that they do restrict. They are very restrictive on carbs. You can't have rice or pasta and I have found that I do not miss pasta now. In two months I might have had it twice. However, the books I have read take a whole approach towards the diet. They also have advised that you can move to the Paleo diet once you lose your weight since it is a low-carb diet as well.
              Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

There's two O's in this Oreo I'm eating. Does that count twice for Keto?
                �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                Sneak Attack
                Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                  There's two O's in this Oreo I'm eating. Does that count twice for Keto?
                  LOL! It could be Juniper!
                  Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

I'm back from my week in Vegas. I did nothing but lounge at the pool and go to buffets. That's it. It was great! And now I have an additional 5 days off till I go back. In total 11 days off work. My boss is awesome.
                    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Sounds like a great time!
                      Anubisa

Comment

glad you got to cut loose and have some fun duce
                        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Went to the gym for the second time this month with my dad. Last month I wasn't able to go because of my health issues. I am glad I am finally able to go and get back to working out again. I am starting to feel better. I also start my job on Monday. Can't wait till then.
                          Anubisa

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                            Went to the gym for the second time this month with my dad. Last month I wasn't able to go because of my health issues. I am glad I am finally able to go and get back to working out again. I am starting to feel better. I also start my job on Monday. Can't wait till then.
                            Slowly but surely! You are doing it!
                            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                              Slowly but surely! You are doing it!
                              Thanks Medusa.
                              Anubisa

Comment

Well, today Is my mother birthday. She would have been 71 years old today. She passed away in 2012. I'm not as sad as I used to be but still, I missed her.

Comment

Working...
                                X